Ewa Beach Shooting (Read 2619 times)

dafrtknocker

changemyoil66

Re: Ewa Beach Shooting
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 03:05:44 PM »
Dont know yet, what does suck for the shooter "trying to open the door". Which means door was still closed. Need more details.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:26:50 PM »
Post on facebook says it was a drunk Soldier going to the wrong house.  Supposedly a good Soldier.
Join Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns at www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG.  We are a group of shooting friends that explore a variety of shooting sports.
Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 07:48:52 PM »
Whats up with all the people jumping to conclusions on facebook?  It's crazy.  It's like people just have to instantly start blaming and ranting instead of waiting for facts.  NRA does it right by waiting for facts to come out before making a statement.
Join Hawaii Guys and Gals with Guns at www.meetup.com/HawaiiGGG.  We are a group of shooting friends that explore a variety of shooting sports.
Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

rklapp

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (1942)
AR-15 Varmint 24"/ 300BLK 16"
AK-47 VEPR 23"
T/C Compass 6.5 Creedmoor 22"

Bushido

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:11 PM »
Whats up with all the people jumping to conclusions on facebook?  It's crazy.  It's like people just have to instantly start blaming and ranting instead of waiting for facts.  NRA does it right by waiting for facts to come out before making a statement.

All the time!

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 09:22:18 PM »
Could be worst jumping. At least they all support the homeowner and assume it was a robbery. That shows how bad hawaii has gotten with crime.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AmbuBadger

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 10:24:34 PM »
KHNL said a man was shot when he “tried to enter a home in Ewa Beach”... then you hear that it was at three in the morning, but they quickly cut to a neighbor talking about how scary it was that a shooting occurred and how her kids aren’t safe anymore. I don’t care for the spin the news is putting on it before the facts are even out.

defend_hawaii

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 11:01:10 PM »
You can never believe everything you see or hear on the news.  I hope it was a break in, and not a mix up of someone going home drunk.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 11:12:22 PM »
Looking at the news video, those homes all look the same,  At almost 4:00AM, it would be easy to make a mistake -- booze or no booze.

I don't want to brag, but I just finished a jig-saw puzzle in 5 days, even though the box said "2-4 years."

robtmc

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 07:45:44 AM »
Whats up with all the people jumping to conclusions on facebook? 
Well. it IS Facef*ck, what would you expect from airheads?

zippz

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2018, 08:20:47 AM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 09:47:40 AM »
I always test the Mrs. with situations and videos.  Her first response was "why did he shoot if the door was still secured?".

I hope we all learn from this.  Everyone should have a plan for all types of situations.  But plan on that plan failing and adapt.

oldfart

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »
Wait for more reliable info before polling the web jury.
What, Me Worry?

Platinum808

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 10:11:59 AM »
 :shaka:

scorpio ps

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2018, 02:12:46 PM »
What ever happened to the last guy that shot someone in their yard or property. Some how I think it was out west.

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2018, 04:23:08 PM »
What ever happened to the last guy that shot someone in their yard or property. Some how I think it was out west.
Approximately when was that?
What, Me Worry?

Bushido

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2018, 05:49:22 PM »
I was wondering the exact same thing. I believe you're referring to the one where owner shot a masked man in the back? Is there a way to follow these cases?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aieahound

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2018, 05:56:53 PM »
Is this the one you're thinking of?
http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37150095/legal-expert-explains-self-defense-law-after-ewa-beach-homeowner-shoots-alleged-trespasser

Also I hope this one he didn't shoot through a closed door but waiting for the facts.

oldfart

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
I'll see if I can dig up current info.
Kinda low priority now Tho...

Kauai is the big priority now.
What, Me Worry?