Sociology Professor Shoots Himself with .22 Pistol to Protest Donald Trump (Read 2558 times)

punaperson

You know, I was highly skeptical that there could be any arguments or evidence that would be able to convince me that we do not have a god-given natural right to self-defense, and that that right could not be infringed by any government, UNTIL I read this extremely well-argued and evidence-based argument and demonstration from this sociology professor. I am now convinced that no one anywhere, under any circumstance, should be allowed to possess firearms. Okay, maybe only dumbass progressive sociology professors should be banned from possession.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/report-las-vegas-professor-shot-himself-in-arm-to-protest-trump/

Professor Shoots Himself with .22 Pistol to Protest Donald Trump

A sociology professor at the College of Southern Nevada shot himself in the arm with a .22 pistol in protest of President Donald Trump.
The professor’s wounds are not life-threatening, but he now faces multiple charges for bringing the gun onto campus to carry out the protest.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that the professor, Mark J. Bird, shot himself in a bathroom on campus, then stumbled out, “bleeding, before he collapsed.”

Bird taped a $100 bill to the mirror prior to shooting himself as a tip to the janitor for cleaning up the mess.

Bird was hired by the college in 1993 and is currently a professor emeritus.

The police report on the incident notes that “Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump.”

Bird faces charges for firing a gun in a gun-free zone and also for “carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property.”

macsak

Re: Sociology Professor Shoots Himself with .22 Pistol to Protest Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 11:07:50 AM »
hopefully, this becomes a "thing"

You know, I was highly skeptical that there could be any arguments or evidence that would be able to convince me that we do not have a god-given natural right to self-defense, and that that right could not be infringed by any government, UNTIL I read this extremely well-argued and evidence-based argument and demonstration from this sociology professor. I am now convinced that no one anywhere, under any circumstance, should be allowed to possess firearms. Okay, maybe only dumbass progressive sociology professors should be banned from possession.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/shootings/report-las-vegas-professor-shot-himself-in-arm-to-protest-trump/

Professor Shoots Himself with .22 Pistol to Protest Donald Trump

A sociology professor at the College of Southern Nevada shot himself in the arm with a .22 pistol in protest of President Donald Trump.
The professor’s wounds are not life-threatening, but he now faces multiple charges for bringing the gun onto campus to carry out the protest.

The Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that the professor, Mark J. Bird, shot himself in a bathroom on campus, then stumbled out, “bleeding, before he collapsed.”

Bird taped a $100 bill to the mirror prior to shooting himself as a tip to the janitor for cleaning up the mess.

Bird was hired by the college in 1993 and is currently a professor emeritus.

The police report on the incident notes that “Bird said he had shot himself in protest of President Donald Trump.”

Bird faces charges for firing a gun in a gun-free zone and also for “carrying a concealed weapon without a permit and possessing a dangerous weapon on school property.”

punaperson

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 11:29:32 AM »
hopefully, this becomes a "thing"
Yeah, with a lot better aim at "more critical" body parts.

[I have to be a little careful about what I say, because my girlfriend is a sociology professor (who knows only too well the heavy progressive leanings of these people), but I think there's a good chance (even with the standard of "professional courtesy") even she would concur on this one.]

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 12:32:47 PM »
Didn't have the balls to use at least a 9.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 12:44:53 PM »
Maybe he just started "The GunSense Challenge?"

And don't limit it to Sociologist Professors, or even all Professors.  Let's invite ALL LIBERALS to protest Trump in this awesome fashion.

Next ... Assisted GunSense Protests.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 01:14:49 PM »
 :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
Should have used a .223 Rem. . .

RSN172

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 10:37:51 PM »
Should have shot himself in the head, that is where his real problem lies.

robtmc

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 10:18:41 AM »
And don't limit it to Sociologist Professors, or even all Professors.  Let's invite ALL LIBERALS to protest Trump in this awesome fashion.

Nah, just jump for Trump.................

punaperson

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 12:20:05 PM »
CORRECTION: New information says it wasn't about Trump. At least in the letters he had prepared ahead of time. The report by the cops said he did complain verbally about Trump during their interrogation.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/professor-s-note-says-he-shot-himself-with-derringer-on-campus-to-push-ar-15-ban-dDk7QLA0xEqK354LFqqkiQ/

Professor's Note Says He Shot Himself With Derringer On Campus To Push AR-15 Ban

In the apology note, Bird referenced a CBS news story that said 100 million people had been killed by malnutrition and pollution over the past decade. The he blamed the Las Vegas massacre for his actions.

“A less significant motivation relates to the October 1, 2017 mass shooting from the Mandalay Hotel that killed 58 people,” Bird wrote. “Since this incident, there has been no national legislation banning bump stocks, banning civilian ownership of AR-15 type assault weapons, and the passage of universal background checks legislation.”

“Apparently it is about as easy to buy an AR-15 as a 2-shot derringer,” he continued, referencing the weapon he’d used to shoot himself.