Do you think there will be civil unrest if another lockdown is put in place? (Read 4018 times)

Kuleana

I think a lot of other things would have to go bad all at the same time.
A lot of things are going bad for the US empire right now.

Plus, who would we be rising up against, the enemy isn't the government but a virus, so its hard to find some villain we would attack.
The enemy is the government, the ultrawealthy, the bankers, the racism, etc. just to name a few.

If we really started to see food disappearing then I would be concerned.
With all of the money printing and the current economic depression, that may be a possibility right around the corner next year.

hvybarrels

Interesting. Why are you focusing of soft armor? Ability to wear under relatively normal clothing and not stand out?

Had discussions with buddies about armor and if/when scenario that each would feel the need to wear. There were some interesting perspectives.

Let me say that I am not an expert by any means, but according to most stuff I have read the criminal attacks usually come out of nowhere, like when we are pushing a shopping cart to the store thinking about what we want for breakfast this week. Hard armor would have more value guarding your property in a WROL situation, or moving through a conflict center which of course is rarely advisable.

In the media right now everyone is focusing on the riots, but most of us are smart enough to steer clear of that stuff. The spike in homicide rates is what I am concerned about, and there is no reason to believe that Hawaii is immune. At some point the pressure causes people to crack and stop functioning like normal human beings.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

changemyoil66

antifa is hitting homes now. And using lasers and lights to blind the targets.

Lasers can cause serious damage. Feds should be given the ok to use deadly force on anyone using a laser.

changemyoil66

Let me say that I am not an expert by any means, but according to most stuff I have read the criminal attacks usually come out of nowhere, like when we are pushing a shopping cart to the store thinking about what we want for breakfast this week. Hard armor would have more value guarding your property in a WROL situation, or moving through a conflict center which of course is rarely advisable.

In the media right now everyone is focusing on the riots, but most of us are smart enough to steer clear of that stuff. The spike in homicide rates is what I am concerned about, and there is no reason to believe that Hawaii is immune. At some point the pressure causes people to crack and stop functioning like normal human beings.

They make soft armor that is also stab resistant.  The combo will make a better option.

drck1000

Yeah, I'm not expert either.  Just interesting hearing other "non-pro" thoughts on it.  Personally, things have gotten really bad if I felt the need to put on armor.  While I don't envision a whole lot of scenarios where I would need to, it's the things that you don't see coming that will kick your ass.  So I've spent some time here and there doing training with armor, both plain fitness as well as shooting. 

QUIETShooter

I'm a bit more wary when I go to mall bathrooms or walking to the car in the parking lot.  I'm an old guy and not very big.

I worry more when it's just me and my wife.  We look like the typical old couple that a desperate thug would pick on.  If I get hurt oh well...but I don't want that for her.

I also am concerned about property theft.  They say to let them have it but I'm the type that would "let them have it" in another way.  And of course I will get in trouble.  Because Hawaii.  And democrats. :grrr:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

If someone intent on killing you sees your chest rig, they are probably going to injure you somewhere that's not protected.

If you have hidden soft armor, they might not realize their hits are not working, giving you the time to flee, respond in defense, or play dead while they leave.

I'm imagining a workplace shooting where you get hit in the chest or back (running away).  If he's focused on his next target, the shooter might not have time to finish the job he started on you.

There are also backpack and briefcase versions of off-body armor to provide cover in similar situations.  These are marketed specifically for office and classroom protection.

Not sure how much of this applies to all-out gunfights.  Best to use as much cover and concealment as the environment provides.  Don't stand there shooting like you practiced at the bullseye range!   :shake:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

Hawai’i panics over hurricanes, threats of shipping shut downs, etc. Hawai’i is very different context from “the nation”. You’re either totally missing the point or making outrageous analogies just to be argumentative....

What point then? A question was asked and I gave my assessment.

I understand full well that Hawaii is unique from the rest of the USA. The sheer isolation of our state will significantly affect how certain situations affect us.

All I am saying is that we have survived much worse, both as a country and as a state, without breaking down into a civil war or great civil unrest so I don't fear the current situation will devolve into that anytime soon.

groveler

What point then? A question was asked and I gave my assessment.

I understand full well that Hawaii is unique from the rest of the USA. The sheer isolation of our state will significantly affect how certain situations affect us.

All I am saying is that we have survived much worse, both as a country and as a state, without breaking down into a civil war or great civil unrest so I don't fear the current situation will devolve into that anytime soon.
I think you are missing the big picture.
Pretty significant parts of the population despise each other.
The Rule of Law is supposed to balance that out and keep it all
"civil".  As we have seen recently,  the law is applied un-equally
and with political manipulations,  all to the benefit of Democrat party goals.

In 4GW you don't have to shoot, in order to obliterate a thing.  You have to
act in a manner the debilitates your enemy, by action or inaction.
Use the patience old people have learned.
Democrats are my enemy.
The civil war has been going on since 1860 and hasn't
really ever stopped, it just changed tactics.
It is still Democrats against the concept of America.

oldfart

I'm a bit more wary when I go to mall bathrooms or walking to the car in the parking lot.  I'm an old guy and not very big.

I worry more when it's just me and my wife.  We look like the typical old couple that a desperate thug would pick on.  If I get hurt oh well...but I don't want that for her.

I also am concerned about property theft.  They say to let them have it but I'm the type that would "let them have it" in another way.  And of course I will get in trouble.  Because Hawaii.  And democrats. :grrr:
Get a can of pepper spray and practice casual awareness. It's easy.
Don't be like that guy at Costco in my dashcam video. Lol.

I give them to all my female acquaintances and keep one in my office, among other things.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

NVM.  Not worth it. . .