9mm "Heads" (Read 7546 times)

stangzilla

Re: 9mm "Heads"
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2021, 02:25:16 PM »
I ordered more 9mm FMJ from Evergladesammo
it was sent out quick, but sent via FedEx. they usually ship USPS priority mail. 
its been stuck in the same location on the mainland at a fedex location for about a week.  its 2 day mail   :grrr:

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2021, 03:01:00 PM »
The last batch of XTreme 124gr FMJ’s I ordered arrived yesterday and were shipped UPS. Until yesterday’s order they always shipped them USPS. I wonder why the difference in shipping? I assume it is more expensive to send them UPS.

Also, I have ordered from a company called Sages Reloading. Unfortunately, they have been hit hard by the shortages. But when they get in XTreme Bullets they package them up VERY well and ship them USPS. I would expect that they will ship to HI. You might want to check their website regularly and maybe join their FB page. They announce when they get new shipments in on their FB page. Their prices are usually very good. I have also bought Hornady and Nosler bulk bullets from them in 224 and 308 at terrific prices.
Cabelas had some good pricing and decent packing.  There was about 50 rounds that spilled out of the boxes, but all good.  At least was free shipping and delivered in a timely fashion.  I don't really "need" the boolits right now, so I can wait and shop around. 

it was sent out quick, but sent via FedEx. they usually ship USPS priority mail. 
its been stuck in the same location on the mainland at a fedex location for about a week.  its 2 day mail   :grrr:
I have an order from Bayou going back about a month.  I have a "good" amount on hand already.  Hopefully have some SPP come in. 

stangzilla

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »
I just bought a G19 gen 5 MOS, my first 9mm firearm, so I have no 9mm ammo as of a week ago.  I got some at LGS but not much, so trying to get as much reloading stuff in 9mm that I can.  i'm finding things, just more expensive and hard to locate

Inspector

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2021, 03:16:29 PM »
I just bought a G19 gen 5 MOS, my first 9mm firearm, so I have no 9mm ammo as of a week ago.  I got some at LGS but not much, so trying to get as much reloading stuff in 9mm that I can.  i'm finding things, just more expensive and hard to locate
I hear 9mm dies are impossible to find. Have you found any?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 03:38:00 PM »
I can donate some brass if ya need.   :thumbsup:

stangzilla

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
I hear 9mm dies are impossible to find. Have you found any?

I found a set on Ebay for about $80.  I also got a factory crimp die on Ebay for about $40.  I know I got ripped off, but cant find anywhere else.  and probably don't need the factory crimp, I just like to have it just in case, and the Lee is also a resizer so that's a plus

I can donate some brass if ya need.   :thumbsup:

thanks, i'll let you know.  i ordered 500 used range brass and i'll have the brass from the ammo i bought.  that might be enough for now but i'll let you know if i need any more.   :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2021, 07:20:30 PM »
I can give u a box of 9 since u let us shoot ur revolvers when we had the revolver shoot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2021, 05:02:30 AM »
I can give u a box of 9 since u let us shoot ur revolvers when we had the revolver shoot.

Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate it🤙
But I think I'll be ok on ammo
I'm slowly finding ammo and components here and there. Buying and trading with what I can find through different avenues
I'm finding that the 2A community is very helpful during these hard times. Gun people are some of the nicest, respectful, and genuine people that I know  :worship:

changemyoil66

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2021, 07:45:30 AM »
Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate it
But I think I'll be ok on ammo
I'm slowly finding ammo and components here and there. Buying and trading with what I can find through different avenues
I'm finding that the 2A community is very helpful during these hard times. Gun people are some of the nicest, respectful, and genuine people that I know  :worship:
NP. Offer stands until we run low in case u change your mind.

Ur right about the 2a community, minus a few scalpers.

wirecounter

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2021, 08:14:27 AM »
I just saw that - Hawaii is not in the list of states.  I don't understand why as other bullet manufacturers mail it via a flat rate box.   ???

So I emailed them stating the above and finally got a reply that they have switched to UPS and no longer use USPS.  Must be nice to not need our business. 

Prolly why they still have stock as UPS is more expensive across the board when compared with USPS flat rate boxes.

drck1000

« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2021, 09:43:42 AM »
So I emailed them stating the above and finally got a reply that they have switched to UPS and no longer use USPS.  Must be nice to not need our business. 

Prolly why they still have stock as UPS is more expensive across the board when compared with USPS flat rate boxes.
I hate when companies do that.  Seems like lots do that though.  I have a bunch of shooting friends in AK and they face similar issues as we do.   :(

Inspector

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 03:44:08 AM »
Found some bulk 9mm FMJ from Midsouth Shooting Supplies:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00130aa9115fmj/9mm-point355-diameter-115-grain-fmj-1-and-000-count

They are 12 cents a piece. Not a bad price. Not a great price but these are FMJ’s and not plated. I have ordered from these guys before but not when I was living on island. So I can recommend them but I don’t know if they ship to Hawaii or not. Also, I have not used these particular bullets before.

They also have range brass at a going rate price. Not great but it is what it is:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/003559mmofb500/9mm-once-fired-range-brass-raw-approximately-500-pieces

They are 6 cents a piece.

stangzilla

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 08:39:56 AM »
Found some bulk 9mm FMJ from Midsouth Shooting Supplies:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00130aa9115fmj/9mm-point355-diameter-115-grain-fmj-1-and-000-count

They are 12 cents a piece. Not a bad price. Not a great price but these are FMJ’s and not plated. I have ordered from these guys before but not when I was living on island. So I can recommend them but I don’t know if they ship to Hawaii or not. Also, I have not used these particular bullets before.

They also have range brass at a going rate price. Not great but it is what it is:

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/003559mmofb500/9mm-once-fired-range-brass-raw-approximately-500-pieces

They are 6 cents a piece.

the heads are sold out now

stangzilla

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 08:40:21 AM »

fedex lost my package.  I bet they stole it

stangzilla

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 08:53:09 AM »

Inspector

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 09:08:25 AM »
https://www.capitalcartridge.com/reloading-bullets-s/229.htm
I have bought a lot of once fired brass from this company. They can be a little slow to ship but the last few times I ordered they shipped within a week or less. They ship USPS. And they have shorted me and gave me some nickel plated brass in with the regular brass a couple of times but their CS sent me replacements right away.

stangzilla

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 09:14:20 AM »
I have bought a lot of once fired brass from this company. They can be a little slow to ship but the last few times I ordered they shipped within a week or less. They ship USPS. And they have shorted me and gave me some nickel plated brass in with the regular brass a couple of times but their CS sent me replacements right away.

I got 1000 fmj, and some fired brass from them.  first time order.  hard to find anywhere else right now.

fedex lost my package from everglades with 1000 JHP and some brass.  trying to contact the company and see if I can get a back order.  rather have the components than the money back

Inspector

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 09:24:49 AM »
I got 1000 fmj, and some fired brass from them.  first time order.  hard to find anywhere else right now.

fedex lost my package from everglades with 1000 JHP and some brass.  trying to contact the company and see if I can get a back order.  rather have the components than the money back
Never dealt with Everglades before but I am sure they will make things right with you.

Funny story about Capital Cartridge. One day after I placed a pretty large order they sent me an email that the brass they are sending me is “Extra dirty”. I told them it is okay. Well, I got the brass and it was so dirty I had to decap them first using my Universal Decapping Die before I washed them. I used dishwashing soap to wash them. Then I dried them and then I ran them through my sizing die. Then I put them in my ultrasonic cleaner and dried them and then polished them. I have never seen brass so dirty before.  :rofl:  It was extra work but no one else had brass at that time.

stangzilla

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2021, 09:47:13 AM »
Never dealt with Everglades before but I am sure they will make things right with you.

Funny story about Capital Cartridge. One day after I placed a pretty large order they sent me an email that the brass they are sending me is “Extra dirty”. I told them it is okay. Well, I got the brass and it was so dirty I had to decap them first using my Universal Decapping Die before I washed them. I used dishwashing soap to wash them. Then I dried them and then I ran them through my sizing die. Then I put them in my ultrasonic cleaner and dried them and then polished them. I have never seen brass so dirty before.  :rofl:  It was extra work but no one else had brass at that time.

wow, that's dirty 

I sent a message to Everglades and they got back to me in about a couple hours via email which is really fast.  they said they will send me a replacement and they will file claim on their side with FedEx
that's great CS in my book   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:25 AM »
wow, that's dirty 

I sent a message to Everglades and they got back to me in about a couple hours via email which is really fast.  they said they will send me a replacement and they will file claim on their side with FedEx
that's great CS in my book   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
VERY Good CS!! I have heard a lot of good things about them so I figured they would make it right.