9mm "Heads" (Read 7441 times)

TooFewPews

Re: 9mm "Heads"
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2021, 07:12:58 PM »
I'm thinking of firing up my progressive and pumping out a bunch of 9mm and 45.  What website has the best prices per bullet?

I'm looking for something that is either coated or plated.  I don't mind jacketed, but those bullets tend to be more expensive.

I'm planning on buying in bulk (probably 3,000 or more projectiles).

stangzilla

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2021, 08:22:36 PM »
Nvm best price. You lucky if you find anything in stock
It's getting bad. Cant find nothing  :(

drck1000

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2021, 08:36:05 PM »
Nvm best price. You lucky if you find anything in stock
It's getting bad. Cant find nothing  :(
Warning if you're ordering from Cabelas.  A buddy and I put in orders prior end of Dec and still hasn't shipped.  I had bought a bunch of stuff leading up to Christmas and shipped quickly and arrived quick.  He ordered a bunch of brass and I ordered other random reloading things.  Been almost 2 weeks and not a peep. 

They had some 124 9 mm Xtreme heads in stock during that time too.  I was going to order more, but I prioritized on other things. 

blastoff747

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2021, 01:10:47 AM »
Just ordered 124gr jhp from RMR bullets.  10.9 per.  Backorders are 10-12 weeks out.

Free shipping but $6 insurance.

https://www.rmrbullets.com/product-category/bullets/pistol/9mm-355/

Only one in stock is 115gr fmj for 11.3 per.

stangzilla

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2021, 08:42:04 AM »

I sent a message to Everglades and they got back to me in about a couple hours via email which is really fast.  they said they will send me a replacement and they will file claim on their side with FedEx
that's great CS in my book   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

This is the next day after they emailed me about sending a replacement, I get a text notification from FedEx that my package was received and I have a projected delivery date.
Wow, that's customer service!!!
I was expecting a wait bc the items were listed as sold out from several days ago
I am very impressed with EvergladesAmmo CS.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Inspector

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:44 AM »
This is the next day after they emailed me about sending a replacement, I get a text notification from FedEx that my package was received and I have a projected delivery date.
Wow, that's customer service!!!
I was expecting a wait bc the items were listed as sold out from several days ago
I am very impressed with EvergladesAmmo CS.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don’t need anything right now except for my order from Grafs from 2 weeks ago to be shipped. Otherwise next time I need bullets I will order from them.

Please let me know what you think of their quality when they arrive.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

stangzilla

« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2021, 08:45:33 AM »
I got the 9mm FMJ heads from Everglades on the 18th, that was pretty quick delivery.  great CS
I reloaded my first batch of 9mm FMJ 124 grain version 2 which means its heavy plated
I have 3 different powder weights, all within the recipe from Hodgdon website using titegroup.  we'll see which one works best in my pistol.  now just gotta get the pistol   :shaka:

almost done reloading when the power goes out
but I have an LED lantern and my car jumper battery which has an AC outlet that I used for my powder dispenser so I could finish the reloading.   :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2021, 08:51:26 AM »
I got the 9mm FMJ heads from Everglades on the 18th, that was pretty quick delivery.  great CS
I reloaded my first batch of 9mm FMJ 124 grain version 2 which means its heavy plated
I have 3 different powder weights, all within the recipe from Hodgdon website using titegroup.  we'll see which one works best in my pistol.  now just gotta get the pistol   :shaka:

but I have an LED lantern and my car jumper battery which has an AC outlet that I used for my powder dispenser so I could finish the reloading.   :shaka:

Nice!

I was finally able to pick up some SPP (both regular and magnum).  A buddy has some Titegroup "saved" for me, so I better start getting to brass prep before he decides to sell the powder. 

oldfart

« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2021, 10:11:44 AM »
I stumbled into some titegroup a few years ago and I've been using it in my 45 ever since.
It's ok but I don't think it's as good as some otheŕ powders.
Anybody experience outstanding results with TG?
What, Me Worry?

jc2721

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2021, 07:16:58 PM »

The thing you've got to watch out for is the c.o.l. and the crimp.  Without the pistol barrel in hand you can't do a "plunk test" on your newly loaded rounds to see if they will chamber properly.  Hopefully, all will go well with your reloads when you pick up your 9mm. :shaka:

When I started loading a new bullet for my .45 acp I had to adjust the crimp die a half dozen times before I got a satisfactory profile.  Then I found I was getting signs of high pressure from my 625 (flattened primers), so I backed off a half grain of Unique and all has been well for the last 600 rounds or so.

fl808

« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2021, 10:04:25 PM »
Desperately seeking small pistol primers!

stangzilla

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2021, 12:58:23 PM »

The thing you've got to watch out for is the c.o.l. and the crimp.  Without the pistol barrel in hand you can't do a "plunk test" on your newly loaded rounds to see if they will chamber properly.  Hopefully, all will go well with your reloads when you pick up your 9mm. :shaka:

When I started loading a new bullet for my .45 acp I had to adjust the crimp die a half dozen times before I got a satisfactory profile.  Then I found I was getting signs of high pressure from my 625 (flattened primers), so I backed off a half grain of Unique and all has been well for the last 600 rounds or so.

i'll test it when I get the G19
hopefully all goes well   :shaka:

oldfart

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »
i'll test it when I get the G19
hopefully all goes well   :shaka:
Glock barrels are so loose you can fit a small dog in there.

Might get messy though.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2021, 07:44:37 AM »
124 grain plated Everglades Ammo and 147 grain Hornady XTP. using Titegroup