Can you Open Carry air rifle or CCW (Read 864 times)

Platinum808

Can you Open Carry air rifle or CCW
« on: January 02, 2020, 09:05:36 AM »
Been looking a the air rifle laws and cant find anything about open carrying them or CCW?Does anyone know if one can?
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

zippz

Re: Can you Open Carry air rifle or CCW
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 09:17:47 AM »
You can CCW an airgun, however no open carry due to the Honolulu replica guns ordinance.  Must be in a case.

There is a general law on dangerous weapons in public, not sure if an air rifle qualifies
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Platinum808

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 09:32:51 AM »
You can CCW an airgun, however no open carry due to the Honolulu replica guns ordinance.  Must be in a case.

There is a general law on dangerous weapons in public, not sure if an air rifle qualifies
I was looking a that law what if the barrel is broke in half No gun is like that?
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 11:15:13 AM »
I think Walther makes a bb handgun that takes CO2 cartridges.

RSN172

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 01:54:39 PM »
I have a Umarex G19 clone that is CO2 powered and has a 20 shot mag.  It was able to kill a full grown duck from 20 ft away with one shot.  I just wanted to scare it away because for several days it was flying on my catchment tank cover and crapping up there.  After I shot it it rolled off the cover and was flapping on the ground and lay still.  I was going to pick it up with the shovel and it made some weak attempts to move.  A shovel to the head put it out of its misery.  I would imagine firing several shots into someone's face would make them stop wanting to attack you, especially if you hit them in the eye.