Shooting Ewa Beach (Read 2738 times)

Platinum808

Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

dafrtknocker

rpoL98

Re: Shooting Ewa Beach
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2020, 06:18:45 PM »
all firearms confiscated to prevent this from happening again?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
A 53-year-old man in Ewa Beach shot himself in the knee today and was transported
to a trauma hospital by Honolulu Emergency Medical Services personnel.

Honolulu police closed down Kauiki Street in Ewa Beach to investigate reports of shots
being fired.

The city sent an alert just before 3 p.m. today announcing that Kauiki Street by Haiamu
Street and other side streets are closed for the investigation.

Michelle Yu, spokeswoman for the Honolulu Police Department, said police responded
to a report of shots fired in the area around 2 p.m. Officers found the man with a self-inflicted
gunshot wound; EMS reported that the man shot himself in his right knee.

Shayne Enright, spokeswoman for EMS, said two people refused transportation from the
scene. One, a 69-year-old woman, had no injuries, and the other, a 49-year-old woman,
suffered an abrasion to her arm and leg.

They sure do enjoy leaving it up to the reader to fill in the story gaps!  Abrasions from WHAT?  Running to get the phone to dial 911?   :wtf:

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't all hospitals that have ERs considered "trauma" hospitals?  I mean, really ...  which hospitals should I go to in case of trauma?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 08:02:48 PM »
They sure do enjoy leaving it up to the reader to fill in the story gaps!  Abrasions from WHAT?  Running to get the phone to dial 911?   :wtf:

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't all hospitals that have ERs considered "trauma" hospitals?  I mean, really ...  which hospitals should I go to in case of trauma?

go to the trauma section inside the ER hospital  ::)
Deeds Not Words

Falken Hawke

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2020, 08:12:01 PM »
It's another level of specialty for an ER.  On Oahu that's Queen's.  Other ER's can handle trauma's but won't have the same level of equipment and personnel focusing on trauma patients.

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 08:13:48 PM »
Not all ERs have trauma centers and there are different levels of trauma centers based on available resources.

All thanks to dating a nurse that worked in a Level I trauma center.  :rofl:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2020, 08:35:35 PM »
Not all ERs have trauma centers and there are different levels of trauma centers based on available resources.

Thanks for the 411.

I did some digging.  Apparently Queens is the only Level 1 Trauma Center in Hawaii as of 2017.

-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2020, 06:22:17 AM »

So the relationship was a  "Traumatic experience" ?  :wacko:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2020, 11:43:12 AM »
So the relationship was a  "Traumatic experience" ?  :wacko:

I've dated a few nurses.  They all got very good grades in anatomy and therapeutic massage.   :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2020, 12:36:14 PM »
Man in Ewa Beach shoots himself in the knee

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2020/06/24/breaking-news/police-close-kauiki-street-in-ewa-beach-to-investigate-shooting/
=============
worst suicide attempt ever :rofl:

"WAIT! don't come any closer or I'll shoot!"  :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2020, 01:14:02 PM »
I've dated a few nurses.  They all got very good grades in anatomy and therapeutic massage.   :thumbsup: :geekdanc:

I've only dated a dental hygienist.  She made sure to ask on the 1st date how often I floss.  Told her morning and night every day.  Pretty sure that helped me on the first date get a kiss.  She said she makes guys floss for a month before kissing them if they aren't regular flossors.

Rocky

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 03:07:56 PM »

Some things need to be unseen, and sadly can not be.   :shake:
-- Melvin Udall

mrgaf

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.