What the F*CK is a Corona Virus related Death? (Read 4953 times)

QUIETShooter

What the F*CK is a Corona Virus related Death?
« on: December 10, 2020, 06:51:22 AM »
From what I've read so far it can be broad.  Like if I am infected by the virus and I get in a car crash and die it will be recorded as a Corona virus related death.

What a bunch of f*ckn bullshit.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

omnigun

Re: What the F*CK is a Corona Virus related Death?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 07:02:48 AM »
It's more like you have a heart condition. You catch covid it puts extra stress on your heart and you die.  Without covid you probably be alive hence covid related.

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:35:34 AM »
From what I've read so far it can be broad.  Like if I am infected by the virus and I get in a car crash and die it will be recorded as a Corona virus related death.

Hey....never question the msm  or government officials.
It's a sure way to get "disappeared"
 :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 08:20:08 AM »

Someone gets shot in the head, gets "finished off" by COVID.

Try asking the #notareadoctor.  At least he has some credible training in "almost" medical field. 

QUIETShooter

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 08:51:18 AM »
I'm still reading up about how "they" come up with these numbers.

I'm reading this article about studies of past total deaths in the US from a couple of years ago and comparing it to 2020's total deaths and they are about the same.

I'm pretty sure the common flu, pneumonia, and severe colds can contribute to deaths in people with compromised immune systems.

omnigun

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2020, 09:59:59 AM »
I'm still reading up about how "they" come up with these numbers.

I'm reading this article about studies of past total deaths in the US from a couple of years ago and comparing it to 2020's total deaths and they are about the same.

I'm pretty sure the common flu, pneumonia, and severe colds can contribute to deaths in people with compromised immune systems.

And those would be labeled common flu, pneumonia, and severe colds related death lol

ren

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2020, 10:15:18 AM »
And those would be labeled common flu, pneumonia, and severe colds related death lol

there's nothing to "lol" about when it comes to people dying

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37439994/cdc-hawaii-now-one-of-42-states-with-highest-flu-activity/

During the third week of January, Health Department officials say roughly 32 percent of tests for influenza viruses have been positive, and the age group that has been impacted the hardest is between 5 to 24 years old.

According to the Influenza Surveillance Report, 15.6 percent of all deaths that occurred in Honolulu during the third week of January were related to pneumonia or influenza. There have been about 192 deaths in Hawaii since the flu season began in early October of last year.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/09/27/cdc-says-flu-season-deaths-topped-last-year/

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter.

In previous seasons, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to about 56,000.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/06/lets-put-covid-19-in-context/
But the big issue with the influenza/pneumonia death rate is that it has doubled in the last 10 years while the population has only grown 8%. It has increased from 241 annually during the 2005-2010 period, to 637 in 2017 to 542 in 2018, which means the deaths have more than doubled.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:25:04 AM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

omnigun

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2020, 10:38:03 AM »
there's nothing to "lol" about when it comes to people dying

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/37439994/cdc-hawaii-now-one-of-42-states-with-highest-flu-activity/

During the third week of January, Health Department officials say roughly 32 percent of tests for influenza viruses have been positive, and the age group that has been impacted the hardest is between 5 to 24 years old.

According to the Influenza Surveillance Report, 15.6 percent of all deaths that occurred in Honolulu during the third week of January were related to pneumonia or influenza. There have been about 192 deaths in Hawaii since the flu season began in early October of last year.

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/09/27/cdc-says-flu-season-deaths-topped-last-year/

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter.

In previous seasons, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to about 56,000.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/06/lets-put-covid-19-in-context/
But the big issue with the influenza/pneumonia death rate is that it has doubled in the last 10 years while the population has only grown 8%. It has increased from 241 annually during the 2005-2010 period, to 637 in 2017 to 542 in 2018, which means the deaths have more than doubled.

I'm not "lol" ing about the deaths but the entire point of this thread being related labeled deaths but those who belive covid shouldn't be labeled like that....

ren

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2020, 10:52:54 AM »
I'm not "lol" ing about the deaths but the entire point of this thread being related labeled deaths but those who belive covid shouldn't be labeled like that....

You are the only one on this thread lol-ing
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2020, 12:27:12 PM »

Agree. (except for your insensitive lol.)  But there are no mask mandates, lockdowns, travel restrictions, etc. etc.  People are questioning how bad is this "virus" really?

The question of this thread is how factual are these virus-related deaths.  Are deaths due to car crashes being added to the virus death toll just because the victim was infected for example.

If a patient dies of heart or kidney disease, cancer, or stroke, at the autopsy if the patient has even the slightest trace of the virus do the doctors rule covid-19 related death?

And if so is this a true assessment? This is the question of this thread.

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2020, 12:38:33 PM »
Example: Epstein, the noose had Chyna Virus on it.  And he caught it while touching the rope, then picked his nose.

ren

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 12:46:29 PM »
Agree. (except for your insensitive lol.)  But there are no mask mandates, lockdowns, travel restrictions, etc. etc.  People are questioning how bad is this "virus" really?

The question of this thread is how factual are these virus-related deaths.  Are deaths due to car crashes being added to the virus death toll just because the victim was infected for example.

If a patient dies of heart or kidney disease, cancer, or stroke, at the autopsy if the patient has even the slightest trace of the virus do the doctors rule covid-19 related death?

And if so is this a true assessment? This is the question of this thread.

Is there a financial incentive for hospitals to classify a COVID19 hospitalization and/or death?
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »
Is there a financial incentive for hospitals to classify a COVID19 hospitalization and/or death?

Yes.  Yes, there is.

The coronavirus relief legislation created a 20% premium, or add-on, for COVID-19 Medicare patients.

20% added onto the max Medicare reimbursement is YUUUUGE!  What hospital isn't going to fudge the numbers if they think they can get away with it?

If you want less of something, tax it.

If you want more of something, subsidize it.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 01:20:14 PM »
I've been wondering too if the stats are died with covid or died from covid.
From what I've heard so far, covid is a little more deadly than the average flu and there is a chance of permanent injury.   The dangerous part is it's twice as contagious which can make for exponential growth if not contained
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 01:49:42 PM »
From what I've heard so far, covid is a little more deadly than the average flu and there is a chance of permanent injury.   The dangerous part is it's twice as contagious which can make for exponential growth if not contained
Are you referring to lung scarring?  Or allegations of?

Kuleana

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 01:57:19 PM »
Although that pretty much summarizes, what we know thus far, regarding the mortality rate of Covid-19, there is still a number of unknown variables to make any long-term valid and reliable strategy to contain and/or eradicate it.

As to who dies of Covid-19, for now only, it appears age, viral load initially received, and preexisting health conditions are the only three currently reliable predictors of Covid-19 related mortality.

Unfortunately, there still needs to be more research done and that will take society years to accomplish, before any valid and reliable conclusions can be made.  In the meantime, vaccines notwithstanding, preventing community spread is one very inconvenient, but valid option, at this point.

drck1000

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 02:02:20 PM »
Although that pretty much summarizes, what we know thus far, regarding the mortality rate of Covid-19, there is still a number of unknown variables to make any long-term valid and reliable strategy to contain and/or eradicate it.

As to who dies of Covid-19, for now only, it appears age, viral load initially received, and preexisting health conditions are the only three currently reliable predictors of Covid-19 related mortality.

Unfortunately, there still needs to be more research done and that will take society years to accomplish, before any valid and reliable conclusions can be made.  In the meantime, vaccines notwithstanding, preventing community spread is one very inconvenient, but valid option, at this point.
You should speak to coroners.  Causes of death isn't a precise science in many cases.  In fact, for causes of deaths of some of my relatives, it was down right broad guesses.  So do more research, but in many cases, I believe it's a case of garbage in, garbage out. 

Kuleana

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 02:12:51 PM »
You should speak to coroners.  Causes of death isn't a precise science in many cases.  In fact, for causes of deaths of some of my relatives, it was down right broad guesses.  So do more research, but in many cases, I believe it's a case of garbage in, garbage out.
The research to this point is going to have a low percentage of validity and reliability.  This is because, the researchers still don't know, what they don't know.  For something new like Covid-19, no one knows its the long-term effects on humans because we are not there yet.  Consequently, no one should be surprised that policy makers are making unthought out decisions, on best guest estimates, or extrapolation, from related known coronaviruses.  That being said, to go on with life, with no community safety precautions in-place, would be irresponsible.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »

You should add "timeliness of diagnosis and treatment" to that list, too.

People who get tested as soon as they suspect infection, or who get tested routinely (Trump), have a more positive outcome than those who don't get diagnosed as quickly.

Trump was treated within a day or two of contracting it , 3 days at the outside, based on reports.  His treatment might have been more aggressive than the average patient, but he was back at work after testing negative several times in about 10 days.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 02:21:43 PM »
The research to this point is going to have a low percentage of validity and reliability.  This is because, 1) the researchers still don't know, what they don't know.  For something new like Covid-19, no one knows its the long-term effects on humans because we are not there yet.  2) Consequently, no one should be surprised that policy makers are making unthought out decisions, on best guest estimates, or extrapolation, from related known coronaviruses.   That being said, to go on with life, with no community safety precautions in-place, would be irresponsible.
1) Which was my point.  But yet, folks are conveying stuff as facts.
2) Unthought decisions, yup.  But I would say being used as political leverage is  :grrr: