new Pmag: 5.56 short action AICS (Read 1348 times)

stangzilla

new Pmag: 5.56 short action AICS
« on: October 19, 2021, 02:29:12 PM »
https://magpul.com/pmag-10-556-ac.html?utm_source=mpi&utm_medium=homepage-link&utm_campaign=mpi-556ac-rel-oct2021&utm_id=na&utm_content=pmags&mp_global_color=118

I've been waiting for this to come out bc I wanted to put a Magpul Hunter stock on my 223 Ruger American, but needed a short action AICS mag to work with the stock.  now its finally here, i think 1 or 2 years later than projected
in the meantime i got a boyds wood stock and really like it.
so I'm not sure if I'm going to get the Magpul Hunter stock and use the new Pmag in it
but for those interested in the new 5.56 AICS Pmag, its finally out now

stangzilla

Re: new Pmag: 5.56 short action AICS
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 10:33:07 AM »
talked myself into getting the Magpul Hunter stock.  found a sale with free shipping, stealth gray color   
also got 2 mags AICS, 5.56/223
and going to switch around a couple optics
probably at least 2 weeks until i get everything together  :geekdanc:

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 11:43:20 AM »
I have a few Magpul AICS pattern mags for my .308.  They are decent, but the available COAL space is shorter than the metal AICS mags.  Not a big deal if you're shooting std COAL, but I did notice when I was trying longer in my load development process.  I had maxed out the COAL with my metal body mags and they weren't even close to fitting in the Magpul mags.  The pricing on the Magpul mag were quite good though, as usual. 

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 12:06:05 PM »
I have a few Magpul AICS pattern mags for my .308.  They are decent, but the available COAL space is shorter than the metal AICS mags.  Not a big deal if you're shooting std COAL, but I did notice when I was trying longer in my load development process.  I had maxed out the COAL with my metal body mags and they weren't even close to fitting in the Magpul mags.  The pricing on the Magpul mag were quite good though, as usual.

yes, i was thinking about if i really wanted to switch to the Hunter stock and Magpul mags bc how it is now with the Boyds stock and Ruger rotary mag, it can fit longer COAL ammo.  I'll just have to deal with how the mags are.  made my bed, now I gotta lie in it

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 12:23:03 PM »
yes, i was thinking about if i really wanted to switch to the Hunter stock and Magpul mags bc how it is now with the Boyds stock and Ruger rotary mag, it can fit longer COAL ammo.  I'll just have to deal with how the mags are.  made my bed, now I gotta lie in it
You can always buy a new bed gun. . .   ;D

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 12:44:44 PM »
i dont reload much 223. and if i do, its along the lines of factory ammo, so I'll probably be ok

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 01:18:36 PM »
good news is i just ordered the mags a few hours ago from Magpul directly, and it already has been picked up by fedex with a delivery date.  thats fast!   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: