Which Electric Gun Are You Going To Buy? (Read 7755 times)

changemyoil66

Re: Which Electric Gun Are You Going To Buy?
« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2021, 07:37:50 PM »
Idk if airlines allows tasers. But u can mail 1 to yourself from FL or another state.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

stangzilla

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2022, 01:25:05 PM »
who are the local dealers for tasers?
and what kind of instruction do we need?

changemyoil66

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2022, 01:51:18 PM »
who are the local dealers for tasers?
and what kind of instruction do we need?

808 Gun Club's IG post about a class availability.  But they are requiring the buyer to bring in a PDF of their own background check from the eHawaii website.  This is against the law.  The seller must do the background check.  As of today, they have no inventory and don't plan on getting them in until later.  So their class will be more of a buy later kind of thing.  Their class is from 10am-3pm.

Taser Hawaii had an event on 1/1, but IDK what their status is. They were telling people that HPD will do the background check which is again against the law.  And in the KITV article, they stated that a permit is required to carry a taser, which is wrong.

Firearms International IG story had a few tasers in it.  But no word on when they going to sell.

The law doesn't state how long the "informational briefing" must be.  So I'm hoping a LGS out there will do 1 like how they do for pepper spray. Like 10-20 mins and done, not a 5 hour course.  Don't get me wrong, a course should be done, but not required to buy a taser. It should be at the owners to get further education and training.  In TX, Mrs. CMO bought a $20 stungun off the shelf. No briefing or background check. That's how easy it should be.  Pretty much there are more taser restrictions than firearms, with the exception of carrying.

stangzilla

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2022, 02:09:28 PM »
808 Gun Club's IG post about a class availability.  But they are requiring the buyer to bring in a PDF of their own background check from the eHawaii website.  This is against the law.  The seller must do the background check.  As of today, they have no inventory and don't plan on getting them in until later.  So their class will be more of a buy later kind of thing.  Their class is from 10am-3pm.

Taser Hawaii had an event on 1/1, but IDK what their status is. They were telling people that HPD will do the background check which is again against the law.  And in the KITV article, they stated that a permit is required to carry a taser, which is wrong.

Firearms International IG story had a few tasers in it.  But no word on when they going to sell.

The law doesn't state how long the "informational briefing" must be.  So I'm hoping a LGS out there will do 1 like how they do for pepper spray. Like 10-20 mins and done, not a 5 hour course.  Don't get me wrong, a course should be done, but not required to buy a taser. It should be at the owners to get further education and training.  In TX, Mrs. CMO bought a $20 stungun off the shelf. No briefing or background check. That's how easy it should be.  Pretty much there are more taser restrictions than firearms, with the exception of carrying.

thanks for the info

changemyoil66

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2022, 10:27:27 PM »
Kit n Gun also. Coming soon.

raudi

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2022, 09:40:54 AM »
The wife called, xring, youngguns, SEC and KGS. The gist of what she got from them was that they don't know/have the process to buy and carry yet. Xring did quote her $500 for the class.

changemyoil66

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2022, 09:49:59 AM »
The wife called, xring, youngguns, SEC and KGS. The gist of what she got from them was that they don't know/have the process to buy and carry yet. Xring did quote her $500 for the class.

Does that include a taser?

Heavies

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2022, 07:45:02 PM »

Im getting the impression some gun shops are requiring you to pay for "a class" to acquire a taser.  I didn't see that in the law as written.

macsak

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »
Im getting the impression some gun shops are requiring you to pay for "a class" to acquire a taser.  I didn't see that in the law as written.

it's not
it's an informational thing like with pepper spray...

RSN172

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2022, 08:23:50 PM »
TheGunDock.com. Taser Pulse $257 + $7.95 shipping 3 day priority mail. They sell to Hawaii. I know someone who ordered on Jan 7, received Jan 15.

Heavies

ren

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2022, 08:51:01 PM »
they have electric nail guns...
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2022, 09:29:46 PM »
Law states "informational briefing". No number of hours required by law. 5 mins is guud enuff in my book.

DocMercy

« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2022, 09:04:56 AM »
Marco of Firearms International is offering courses. Price is $149 and first course is on Jan. 29.

https://www.firearmsinternational.biz/products/firearms-international-5240-e52d72fc-6b48-4b20-a29b-2fc16f216d42

I'd like to know if HDF is going to be offering a course, since Meri would be the ideal person to train the whole family. I knew that the state would be imposing requirements above and beyond the draft bill, since HPD is always interested in whether a Taser owner is a convicted felon.

macsak

« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2022, 10:11:28 AM »
Marco of Firearms International is offering courses. Price is $149 and first course is on Jan. 29.

https://www.firearmsinternational.biz/products/firearms-international-5240-e52d72fc-6b48-4b20-a29b-2fc16f216d42

I'd like to know if HDF is going to be offering a course, since Meri would be the ideal person to train the whole family. I knew that the state would be imposing requirements above and beyond the draft bill, since HPD is always interested in whether a Taser owner is a convicted felon.

you have to take the class from the seller
so HDF will not be teaching a class because we do not sell tasers or stun guns
meryann may be doing something independently through her training org

Cheeehooo

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2022, 02:00:39 PM »
So Are we able to purchase and carry a taser without registering or training? Mahalo

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2022, 02:13:51 PM »
So Are we able to purchase and carry a taser without registering or training? Mahalo

The law says you can't buy a Taser without getting the mandatory briefing from a licensed retailer.

It also says you can't sell it in a private transaction.  You have to become a licensed seller, let a licensed seller perform the transaction, or turn it into the police for disposal.

The law requires a background check on the buyer, so only a licensed retailer can do that.

I foresee a number of people taking the Ainokea route.  Prohibiting a private citizen from selling his own property seems like a Constitutional violation.  The gov't does this when a firearm or accessory is banned, but any "grandfathered" items can remain the property of the owner when the law becomes implemented.  You just can't transfer it.  But, this case is totally different.  The Taser is not being banned, but the exact opposite.  If this provision stands, they could require background checks on anything they want, and that means no private citizen could ever sell, give or transfer that to anyone other than a licensed dealer or the police.   :shake:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2022, 03:30:50 PM »
I wonder how many people here wrote testimony when the bill was in process. How many stores trying to sell tasers wrote testimony with regard to all the hoops they have to jump thru.

RSN172

« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2023, 02:39:43 PM »
Taser just released a 10 shot version with 45 ft range. Not much bigger than the X26.  I can imagine the price.  I would guess over $2k easy

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2023, 03:05:41 PM »
Taser just released a 10 shot version with 45 ft range. Not much bigger than the X26.  I can imagine the price.  I would guess over $2k easy

Looks like it's being marketed to law enforcement for now.

One FB commenter asked if this is another lease program.  That implies AXON and/or Taser doesn't always make their best products available for direct purchase, so the price isn't advertised.  Might be why the product is already on the AXON site but not Taser's.

https://www.axon.com/products/taser-10

THE TASER 10 STORY

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall