How's the line at HPD? (Read 967390 times)

xer 21

Re: How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
Yeah it's a overreaction, until you don't have any - or there is a shortage.   Which, there will indeed be a shortage of ammunition, and firearms for a few months following this.

which of course is due to an initial over reaction, and then we have a nice vicious cycle of buying and shortages that takes months to even out.

Funtimes

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 07:44:46 AM »
which of course is due to an initial over reaction, and then we have a nice vicious cycle of buying and shortages that takes months to even out.

We have two justices that want to retire, a clear and concise statement that they want to renew the AWB.  California just recently had the largest threat to gun rights since the previous AWB (But this was one actually worse, since it was total confiscation).  Hawaii's major politicians have publicly stated that they support banning magazines, 'assault weapons."  There is plenty for your common man who doesn't understand the parliamentary procedures of the Senate to find to worry about buying guns and ammunition.
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

DuckFat

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 08:39:00 AM »
As I drove by at about 8:00am on Beretania this morning I saw the line was out the door near the 2nd pillar
What if rhinos are just fat unicorns?

drck1000

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 09:28:21 AM »
As I drove by at about 8:00am on Beretania this morning I saw the line was out the door near the 2nd pillar
That sucks.  I'm probably going to try to register a long gun this afternoon and possibly apply for a handgun permit.  I hope things calm down a little this afternoon.  I plan on putting a lot of time on my meter either way. 

I went in a couple weeks ago to register a new handgun at around 11:45 am on a Friday.  I assumed it would be packed!  When I got there, no line and only one person waiting in the room.

viet_ladin

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2012, 10:14:20 AM »

I was in that line!  :shaka:  Got there at 8, left around 9:10.  While we were waiting, there was an accident right outside too, sounded pretty crazy.

dubya

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 10:24:32 AM »
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 04:34:47 PM by dubya »

RockmanX

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 10:35:26 AM »
10:34am right now and line isn't to bad, at least today they had a seperate call for those only picking up permits.

mongoose

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 11:33:52 AM »
I was in that line!  :shaka:  Got there at 8, left around 9:10.  While we were waiting, there was an accident right outside too, sounded pretty crazy.

I was in that line too. My total time there - 1 hour 15 minutes. I guess lucky for me, I'm not working right now.

ren

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 12:10:58 PM »
Imagine if all those future gun owners all joined the NRA :thumbsup:...or maybe the NRA should take a lesson from the Democrats and target Hispanics ;D
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 01:19:11 PM »
Just got to HPD. 12th in line. Will see.

viet_ladin

« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »
I was in that line too. My total time there - 1 hour 15 minutes. I guess lucky for me, I'm not working right now.

Lucky you!  I had to be at work by 9:30, and to top it off, I'm pulling a 16 hour shift!  :wtf: 

drck1000

How's the line at HPD?
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
Went pretty quick. I was done by 2 pm. Long line when I left though.

Boomah

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
Made it by HPD today as well, 0700ish... About 15 folks waiting, apparently the first guy got there at 0600.   By 0730 about 25, maybe more with a mix of firearms & permit picker-uppers.   Line moved pretty fast, I was done by 0900, the line was out the door when I left.   Think I'll stick with late afternoon for now  ;D

Boomah  :shaka:

Dblnaknak

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2012, 07:40:59 PM »
First off, I'm NOT "acting" like anything.  Labeling other gun owners as "idiots with no rational" does NOT help.  This is MY opinion.  The fact that ppl are scared that their RIGHT to own a gun might be taken away is sad.  Patronizing other gun owners like that is arrogant.  Labeling gun owners as idiots, crazy, paranoid, violent or whatever is why so many frown upon gun ownership to begin with. Especially with what's going on in the news.  In short, judging others is lame.

There are gun owners and there are paranoid gun owners that think they are in the right to shoot anyone in self defense. It's those gun owners that ruin it for the good gun owners. Go read the law. You might think twice about shooting someone and grab the bat instead. You can always decide to shoot him then sell me the rest of your guns for cheap to pay for your attorney during your murder trial.

There are also the noob gun owner that bought a whole bunch of guns after he read in a forum the Obama is going to ban guns. That is the gun owner I plan on taking advantage of and low balling him into selling his gun, that he has never shot, for way under what he paid.

ImKu

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2012, 09:15:34 PM »
There are gun owners and there are paranoid gun owners that think they are in the right to shoot anyone in self defense. It's those gun owners that ruin it for the good gun owners. Go read the law. You might think twice about shooting someone and grab the bat instead. You can always decide to shoot him then sell me the rest of your guns for cheap to pay for your attorney during your murder trial.

There are also the noob gun owner that bought a whole bunch of guns after he read in a forum the Obama is going to ban guns. That is the gun owner I plan on taking advantage of and low balling him into selling his gun, that he has never shot, for way under what he paid.

Ok, so I'm having a hard time understanding why YOU feel the need to direct your comments at me.  There is a  "new topic" button if you want to talk about your recommendations on gun ownership.  Scoring good deals on someones impulse buy is your own prerogative, but are you making an argument that using a gun in self defense is a bad idea?  Don't know if your tellin me to go read the law, but I have and understand it to the extent where I feel comfortable.  The last thing on my mind if someone draws on me is wondering how much I need to pay to have an attorney, and I will not be that guy that brings a bat to a gun fight.  I will say that it is very important to understand local laws in regards to self defense utilizing a deadly weapon.  Ok   :stopjack:

Thank you to those who shared info about the line at HPD, I'm thinking that afternoon looks to be my best bet.

The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

Inspector

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »
Got to the front if the line at 6:30am. Left at 8am registered 2 lowers  and a rifle. When  the doors opened there 15 people in line. When I left there were about 20 with the line to the door.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
Thank you to those who shared info about the line at HPD, I'm thinking that afternoon looks to be my best bet.
From my experience last week Friday and talking with others about their experience, it really can be hit or miss.  I generally try to avoid going between 11:30 am until around 1:30 - 2:00 pm ish time frame as many people seem to be going there on their lunch hour/break.  But when I went during that time frame a couple few weeks ago, it was EMPTY!  I was shocked and ended up with almost an hour left on my meter when I left.

Even when I got there when the line was long, the line went by pretty fast since there were a bunch of people just picking up their permits.  It backs up when people need to get finger printed (new permit applications and out-of-state registrations).  Registering of long guns seemed to be pretty quick though. 

ImKu

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 07:59:07 PM »
From my experience last week Friday and talking with others about their experience, it really can be hit or miss.  I generally try to avoid going between 11:30 am until around 1:30 - 2:00 pm ish time frame as many people seem to be going there on their lunch hour/break.  But when I went during that time frame a couple few weeks ago, it was EMPTY!  I was shocked and ended up with almost an hour left on my meter when I left.

Even when I got there when the line was long, the line went by pretty fast since there were a bunch of people just picking up their permits.  It backs up when people need to get finger printed (new permit applications and out-of-state registrations).  Registering of long guns seemed to be pretty quick though.

I was thinking that my best bet was after the lunch break crowd...2:00ish...no whammies, no whammies
The mind acts like an enemy for those who do not control it.
- Bhagavad Gita

ren

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »
stupid, panic buying....it is free market system.
Deeds Not Words

WCMTWS

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »

gay.