Zuckerberg stutters worse than my old graphics card (Read 1561 times)

Mr. Farknocker

Zuckerberg stutters worse than my old graphics card
« on: November 19, 2020, 08:02:04 AM »
Want to see how Facebook censors information, corroborates with other platforms and tracks its users? Watch Zuckerberg squirm when questioned by Senator Hawley (R-Mo) about FB's programs and applications.  Go straight to the 7:00 mark.

oldfart

Re: Zuckerberg stutters worse than my old graphics card
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 10:52:01 AM »
"we should follow up on that"
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 11:07:36 AM »
Go to time mark 10:00 where they talk about our very own Senator Hirono.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »
Want to see how Facebook censors information, corroborates with other platforms and tracks its users? Watch Zuckerberg squirm when questioned by Senator Hawley (R-Mo) about FB's programs and applications.  Go straight to the 7:00 mark.

He is being asked a lot of specific data type questions that I wouldn't expect him to know off the top of his head so I can't really fault him for that. I wouldn't really call his speech stuttering though.

His answer about the tracking program was interesting though. It wasn't a complete denial and it sounds like it would be significant enough of a tool that he would know about it if it did exist but then again, for such a massive company maybe he wouldn't? Not sure. Of course he doesn't want to get caught in a lie so saying "I don't know" is always going to be the safest answer just in case.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 09:09:46 PM »
He is being asked a lot of specific data type questions that I wouldn't expect him to know off the top of his head so I can't really fault him for that. I wouldn't really call his speech stuttering though.

His answer about the tracking program was interesting though. It wasn't a complete denial and it sounds like it would be significant enough of a tool that he would know about it if it did exist but then again, for such a massive company maybe he wouldn't? Not sure. Of course he doesn't want to get caught in a lie so saying "I don't know" is always going to be the safest answer just in case.

Go back ans look at his previous testimonials.  He did the same thing REGARDLESS of the question.

The last one about a week or 2 ago, he was there to answer whether FB has a bias which causes them to ban CONSERVATIVES and censor CONSERVATIVE CONTENT more often than non-Conservative.

He was asked -- not for the first time -- if he can name ONE high profile Liberal FB member who was either banned or had their content cesored.  This, after Cruz rattled of several members of government and the media who were Conservative or anti-Democrat, and were banned locked out, and/or censored.

Zuckerberg said, "Not off the top of my head."

#1, that's bullshit.  If there was one, it wuld have made headlines JUST LIKE the ones Cruz listed.

#2, he knew what the topic of the hearing was.  Did he, nor his lawyers, not predict that such a question was possibly going to be asked? 

Let's review.  Topic:  Censorship tends to be AGAINST Conservatives and NOT Liberals.  He was asked to name ONE Liberal out of all the people being banned.  Didn't have a name.

Yeah, this is not a "data type question."  Doesn't take a database search to know if someone high profile like Rosie O'Donnell or Kathy Griffin was EVER censored.
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 08:53:36 PM »
Go back ans look at his previous testimonials.  He did the same thing REGARDLESS of the question.

The last one about a week or 2 ago, he was there to answer whether FB has a bias which causes them to ban CONSERVATIVES and censor CONSERVATIVE CONTENT more often than non-Conservative.

He was asked -- not for the first time -- if he can name ONE high profile Liberal FB member who was either banned or had their content cesored.  This, after Cruz rattled of several members of government and the media who were Conservative or anti-Democrat, and were banned locked out, and/or censored.

Zuckerberg said, "Not off the top of my head."

#1, that's bullshit.  If there was one, it wuld have made headlines JUST LIKE the ones Cruz listed.

#2, he knew what the topic of the hearing was.  Did he, nor his lawyers, not predict that such a question was possibly going to be asked? 

Let's review.  Topic:  Censorship tends to be AGAINST Conservatives and NOT Liberals.  He was asked to name ONE Liberal out of all the people being banned.  Didn't have a name.

Yeah, this is not a "data type question."  Doesn't take a database search to know if someone high profile like Rosie O'Donnell or Kathy Griffin was EVER censored.

Of course he did the same thing for so many questions. It is a massive corporation, what CEO memorizes data like what he is being asked? If congress wanted serious answers about data related questions then perhaps they should have given him a list of questions ahead of time.

Do you think Zuckerberg personally weighs in when a Facebook user posts something where a complaint is made? Do you think someone comes up to him and mentions a post by a republican senator and Zuckerberg makes the call? I am not saying this never happens, I just imagine it is something that would be delegated to someone else.

Plus there may be more to it. As we both know, comparing simple numbers, like how many people of what political orientation get banned doesn't tell us the whole picture. The nature of the posts that got blocks or bans also matter. Again, something I doubt Zuckerberg knew off the top of his head.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2020, 09:03:42 PM »
Of course he did the same thing for so many questions. It is a massive corporation, what CEO memorizes data like what he is being asked? If congress wanted serious answers about data related questions then perhaps they should have given him a list of questions ahead of time.

Do you think Zuckerberg personally weighs in when a Facebook user posts something where a complaint is made? Do you think someone comes up to him and mentions a post by a republican senator and Zuckerberg makes the call? I am not saying this never happens, I just imagine it is something that would be delegated to someone else.

Plus there may be more to it. As we both know, comparing simple numbers, like how many people of what political orientation get banned doesn't tell us the whole picture. The nature of the posts that got blocks or bans also matter. Again, something I doubt Zuckerberg knew off the top of his head.

We'll put you in the "can't comprehend the facts" column.

Move along.
-- Melvin Udall