24%
Dan (Kaneohe GS).
28.1%
Dale (YoungGuns).
2.3%
One of the other guys.
8.2%
Total Members Voted

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu? (Read 98839 times)

mongoose

Re: Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2012, 04:12:17 PM »
So Art got convicted right?
That would make him a felon?
SO he can't own firearms?  :wacko:

I dunno can anyone give us the full info on this?

http://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=2029.0

Waka808

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2012, 10:04:08 PM »
A new shooter (just about half a year active) and I've so far gone to OGC, KGS, YGs, and Magnum. Just from reading this thread, I've learned about 3 OTHER stores that I will definitely have to visit.

I've read many opinions, and mostly surprising ones. Regardless of other people's opinions, I've yet to receive extreme-hostile treatment (specifically from owners). I actually went to Magnum just earlier this week for the first time, and I was the only customer in the store (haha I WONDER why :P ). I actually wasn't even sure how Art looked like but I couldn't figure out who he was because I was actually treated quite nicely. The girl at the computer was quite the looker though  :love:

It wasn't until I was leaving that I heard one of the employees call for Art and I was kinda surprised that it was one of the more helpful guys.

I'll have to go back (with some friends) and see how my experience changes.

I definitely need to check out all the other stores though!

Kingkeoni

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2012, 12:56:46 AM »
A new shooter (just about half a year active) and I've so far gone to OGC, KGS, YGs, and Magnum. Just from reading this thread, I've learned about 3 OTHER stores that I will definitely have to visit.

I've read many opinions, and mostly surprising ones. Regardless of other people's opinions, I've yet to receive extreme-hostile treatment (specifically from owners). I actually went to Magnum just earlier this week for the first time, and I was the only customer in the store (haha I WONDER why :P ). I actually wasn't even sure how Art looked like but I couldn't figure out who he was because I was actually treated quite nicely. The girl at the computer was quite the looker though  :love:

It wasn't until I was leaving that I heard one of the employees call for Art and I was kinda surprised that it was one of the more helpful guys.

I'll have to go back (with some friends) and see how my experience changes.

I definitely need to check out all the other stores though!

Art isn't the evil guy that some people claim him to be.

The prices of his guns and ammo are usually higher than most other stores but there is the occasional great deal.

Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Dblnaknak

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2012, 01:22:29 PM »
After checking everywhere else first I went over to Magnum just to see if they had an item for my uniform. To my surprise Art looked like he was wearing a gun on his hip. hummmm. Now what was that law about felons and guns? They didn't have what I needed so I was releived that I didn't have spend money there.

djsmiles808

« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2012, 08:39:39 PM »
visited 3 of the above shops. yg, ogc & kgs. yg customer service was the best. no pressure and very informative. kgs  daniel is very straight up and tells you the truth in your face. very honest man and i like his pov on firearms. website is killer also. ogc parking was pretty far. prices were a little cheaper than the rest. went in told them i was looking for my first firearm purchase. so after talking to carter, i was being helped by his other workers. During that time about an hour comparing between 2 pistols, carter comes by and says "dude really? your still deciding? just pick one and be done with it." then pulls gun from my hands. major disrespect. sadly being a former sales rep, thats no way to treat a customer, especially someone new to firearms.  i just didn't like the fact that they daniel&carter had a mouth and gave me wise comments. could have been just that one time though. i'll give them another shot  :shaka:

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2012, 08:49:34 PM »
Lucky x-ring not on this list.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

42itus

« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
Lucky x-ring not on this list.

not yet.   ;)

djsmiles808

« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2012, 09:50:14 PM »
since you guys are the closest to home i'll probably swing by tomorrow to check out the shop  :shaka:

Kingkeoni

« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2012, 09:55:45 PM »
One of the other guys.  7 (7.3%).  :rofl:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:01 PM »
since you guys are the closest to home i'll probably swing by tomorrow to check out the shop  :shaka:

Make sure you print out our map.
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

DuckFat

« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2012, 10:49:35 AM »
visited 3 of the above shops. yg, ogc & kgs. yg customer service was the best. no pressure and very informative. kgs  daniel is very straight up and tells you the truth in your face. very honest man and i like his pov on firearms. website is killer also. ogc parking was pretty far. prices were a little cheaper than the rest. went in told them i was looking for my first firearm purchase. so after talking to carter, i was being helped by his other workers. During that time about an hour comparing between 2 pistols, carter comes by and says "dude really? your still deciding? just pick one and be done with it." then pulls gun from my hands. major disrespect. sadly being a former sales rep, thats no way to treat a customer, especially someone new to firearms.  i just didn't like the fact that they daniel&carter had a mouth and gave me wise comments. could have been just that one time though. i'll give them another shot  :shaka:
Dan Itoman? He's a really cool guy. I've noticed that most of the OGC staff has a tendency to make sarcastic comments but they don't really mean anything by it.
What if rhinos are just fat unicorns?

drck1000

« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »
Dan Itoman? He's a really cool guy. I've noticed that most of the OGC staff has a tendency to make sarcastic comments but they don't really mean anything by it.

Yeah, Dan is pretty cool.  He's never said anything really sarcastic to me.  He may joke around some and tease me, but like most things, there's a give and take.  Carter and Eric have said some sarcastic things, but like DuckFat mentioned, they don't really mean anything by it.  Gus is probably the only one in there that won't make a smart remark. 

BUD

« Reply #112 on: September 04, 2013, 09:10:00 AM »
Bahahaha.....love this thread!!!
It is what it is.

Sturmgeschutz

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »
Art isn't the evil guy that some people claim him to be.

The prices of his guns and ammo are usually higher than most other stores but there is the occasional great deal.

I agree, I knew him since hanabudda days and when I shopped there I ended up getting a fair deal.

sannixinc

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »
To correct the polls a little...
Art is no longer a gun shop owner, but the new staff at magnum, now HFR, is pretty friendly.

Q

« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2013, 05:10:24 PM »
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 12:53:58 AM by Q »

1422LR

« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2013, 05:14:52 PM »
Some may think this is a fun thread.

I don't.

I hope many of you will realize that this is exactly what they call[b] "cyber bullying."[/b][/color]

This thread should be stopped.

I hope you all go down to the store who had the winner and buy something and tell them, "we just joking around."

Kingkeoni

« Reply #117 on: September 04, 2013, 06:01:49 PM »
Some may think this is a fun thread.

I don't.

I hope many of you will realize that this is exactly what they call[b] "cyber bullying."[/b][/color]

This thread should be stopped.

I hope you all go down to the store who had the winner and buy something and tell them, "we just joking around."

This thread is just fine.

A) this thread is useful. It has allowed gun store customers to share their experiences at different gun stores.

B) I know for a fact that most of the gun store owners and employees read this forum. This thread has helped them see what customers expect. I have noticed that customer service has improved dramatically since topics like this have been made public.

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2013, 06:28:39 PM »
This thread is just fine.

A) this thread is useful. It has allowed gun store customers to share their experiences at different gun stores.

B) I know for a fact that most of the gun store owners and employees read this forum. This thread has helped them see what customers expect. I have noticed that customer service has improved dramatically since topics like this have been made public.

The rooster causes the sun to come up every morning with his crowing.

Logical fallacies assume A caused B because B did not happen until A happened.

Could there be another reason you noticed improved customer service, such as less stress, since the prices and products have returned to more "normal", pre-panic levels? 

Maybe there are fewer angry customers since the prices have dropped a bit and certain firearms are no longer scarce?

Just throwing that out as possibilities.

:wave:
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Kingkeoni

« Reply #119 on: September 04, 2013, 06:30:16 PM »
The rooster causes the sun to come up every morning with his crowing.

Logical fallacies assume A caused B because B did not happen until A happened.

Could there be another reason you noticed improved customer service, such as less stress, since the prices and products have returned to more "normal", pre-panic levels? 

Maybe there are fewer angry customers since the prices have dropped a bit and certain firearms are no longer scarce?

Just throwing that out as possibilities.

:wave:

PM sent