24%
Dan (Kaneohe GS).
28.1%
Dale (YoungGuns).
2.3%
One of the other guys.
8.2%
Total Members Voted

Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu? (Read 98811 times)

Kingkeoni

Re: Poll time: who's the grouchiest gun store owner on Oahu?
« Reply #160 on: September 04, 2013, 11:14:11 PM »
Lets forget all the  :popcorn: and get  :stopjack:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

flaboy808

« Reply #161 on: September 04, 2013, 11:16:12 PM »
Ur killin me bro

Who me?   :-*

If it's any consolation, I just figured out why there are a bunch of other "polls" in the general discussion area. I stop looking at the forum for a few hours and I miss all the excitement and miss out on a great deal for a range bag in the for sale section.  :sleeping:
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

macsak

« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2013, 11:24:29 PM »
aw man, are you still giving me grief about the range bag?
i said i would give you a deal on the minimags
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/thumbsup.gif

Who me?   :-*

If it's any consolation, I just figured out why there are a bunch of other "polls" in the general discussion area. I stop looking at the forum for a few hours and I miss all the excitement and miss out on a great deal for a range bag in the for sale section.  :sleeping:

SurFKooK

« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
WOW!!! Pages 6,7, & 8 got really intense huh.. MEAN DA DOPE!!!  :rofl: Thanks again for da entertainment guys, I love dis forum  :shaka:

TeamMidori

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »
Awesome thread!

TeamMidori

« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2013, 12:00:32 AM »
Awesome! Rofl
K....let me diffuse the tension in this thread with one off topic post, if the mods allow....
So you wanna hear da potogee moment of the year? 
Wen I first joined the forum recently, i immediately started using TAPATALK, and I saw all those words in colons.......so I started doing it too.  I didnt know what the hell i was doing but i was all cool like, yeah, im using the lingo....uhraight!  but had no idea they were originally icons! 
So anyway, I always got the thumbs up, shaka, cool, but I didn't know what some others were.  So i was like 'whats this :popcorn: shit' and said fuckit - im gonna google for online lingo or urban slang, and see what this is about. 
so, like a first class babooze, I looked up 'popcorn'........it said it alludes to drama........and it said sometimes people use popcorn icons or a string of them to signify someone's creating drama.......so I was like aw man, all these low rent posters, won't even shell out for the emoji keyboard app for their iPhones.....cheeeep city! LOL
So then for my next post, I was like, no more typing words in colons....im gonna use emoticons....yeah baby.  so i opened my emoji emoticons keyboard, and was like...yo, where's the friggin shakes, the popcorn, and the shakas, and the stopjack......then I was allll confused!
So I said, lemme go on safari and go post on the website so I could use "THEIR" icons......and when I started typing, and saw the icon selection......all of a sudden it hit me......and all that typing of words in colons, and thinking people were cheap for not using emoji, etc, all crystallized....and I said out loud...."IM A DOUCHE UH-BAAAGGG, and was rolling on the floor laughing......or I should say :ROFL:
K.....if no body laughed at that potogee story, they ain't got NO sense of humor........sorry mods.

Funtimes

« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2013, 02:20:16 AM »
Nope. I've never defended the weak.  Not any time in that 10 years I sacrificed with my family for 10 years while deployed on a Submarine for Enduring Freedom / Iraqi freedom.  Not in the classes that I offered victims of crime, business in downtown chinatown that I offered to train for free, victims of any violent incident who I would train and educate for free.   No weak people in the 500+ students in the last two years that I have personally put through 8+ hours of firearms education; not in the time we volunteered for teaching first aid-cpr at schools.
Not for the dozens of hours I've spent helping individuals from OWS in Thomas Square or filing lawsuits on behalf of myself or other individuals.

You know, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever done something nice for those people!

As far as your cyber bullying goes - kids need to tuff it up; and most of the parents that I see don't pay attention to their kids anyways.  Aside from that, what I see is many people of all ages calling a spade, a spade.  People call you fat? Guess what, you are probably fat.   People tell you that you stink? Well, unless you have a medical condition your ass might need some deodorant or a bath.   Most of these issues are personal choices that people can change, and some are not.

Do I make fun of people? Not ones that can't help it no - and generally it's people who purposefully put themselves in the spotlight and open their mouth in a public setting who I let loose on (Politicians).

People called me stupid growing up? Why? I dropped out of high school. (Don't mention that I had a 4.0 GPA for all of UMUC undergrad courses, and am in graduate school now)
People still call me fat! 

All of my friends ride my ass online, give me shit, talk crap, make jokes.  It made me a better person.

Darmok and Jalad @Tanagra

« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2013, 07:55:28 AM »
"... the right to be let alone -- the most comprehensive of rights and the right most valued by civilized men."
--Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Jl808

« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2013, 08:02:05 AM »
^^^ best dialogue in the movie. :thumbsup:
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

aieahound

« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2013, 09:41:38 AM »
WOW!!! Pages 6,7, & 8 got really intense huh.. MEAN DA DOPE!!!  :rofl: Thanks again for da entertainment guys, I love dis forum  :shaka:
Awesome thread!
I stop looking at the forum for a few hours and I miss all the excitement and miss out on a great deal for a range bag in the for sale section.  :sleeping:

+1+1+1

FighterUnion808

• Trade Count: (0)
  • GooDNighT RigHT!!!!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2013, 10:15:25 AM »
+1+1+1
yah man awesome thread, talk about a roller coaster ride! i think some of us really need to revaluate there mental assessments when HPD ask us if were mentally stable to legally own firearms.
2, 3, 2, pivot out 1, 2, round house!  1 down 1 round!

macsak

« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2013, 10:41:40 AM »
aw, man, are you salty about the range bags like flabby808?
i had to pay him off so he stops crying about it, am i gonna have to give you something too?
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/afro.gif

+1+1+1

aieahound

« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »
Nah Man.
 I got my goody bag from the Pau Hana so I'm all good. ! ( and thank you )

Trade you used dental utensils for a range bag?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I only missed it by minutes.
As Yosemite Sam says: FrigginMigginSigginRigaMoral.

:stopjack:

macsak

« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
http://2ahawaii.com/Smileys/extended/thumbsup.gif

how's the taro?

Nah Man.
 I got my goody bag from the Pau Hana so I'm all good. ! ( and thank you )

Trade you used dental utensils for a range bag?  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I only missed it by minutes.
As Yosemite Sam says: FrigginMigginSigginRigaMoral.

:stopjack:

Antithesis

« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2013, 01:06:34 PM »
Would you be okay with it if someone started a thread called "who is the grouchiest 2aMember" with your name at the top of the list?

How would you feel?

Why do you think many young teenagers commit suicide because of cyber bullying?
Who has the largest nose at Defcon school?
Who is the meanest girl at Twin eye fall school?
Who has the ugliest clothes?

The poll could have just mentioned the particular vendor, but no, it had to single out names. Why?
Even the vendors name would not be necessary, just a poll on improved customer service is suffice.
Get rid of the names.

I think in general people need to grow thicker skin.  It's the internet; people are entitled to their comments and opinions. The stores and store owners are the pillars of our firearm community; they are going to be commented on at some point.   I thought this was playful and in good natured. 

If someone started a poll and I was at the top for being the grouchiest person, I think I would take a deep introspective look at myself and see if I truly was presenting myself in such a way that was off-putting, ESPECIALLY if my business and financial well being (i.e. being able to provide for my family and feed my kids) was dependent on customer service and how people perceive me.  Either way, I would be grateful for the feedback, because it allows me to change my behavior to ensure my business survives.  But that's just me.  People are more than welcome to run their businesses and represent themselves on the internet however they please, and I wish them all the best. 
"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
If you wish for peace, prepare for war

gsmgc

« Reply #175 on: September 06, 2013, 07:18:40 AM »
This has been an interesting read.

I have been to mostly all of the guns shops on Oahu.

Some days the owners/workers are in a good mood, sometimes not.

I think it is purely a reaction to all of the PITA customers.  :grrr:

Kingkeoni

« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2013, 07:22:24 AM »
This has been an interesting read.

I have been to mostly all of the guns shops on Oahu.

Some days the owners/workers are in a good mood, sometimes not.

I think it is purely a reaction to all of the PITA customers.  :grrr:

Customer service is hard.

I've seen people ask the dumbest questions, simply because they didn't know any better.

I once heard a guy walk in to a gun shop and ask "I can't legally buy a gun, if I pay a little more can I buy it without paperwork?"

This was at magnum and he asked Art.

Art kicked him out and told him he was calling the police.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Bunker

« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2013, 07:19:59 PM »
I refuse to vote but one thing I'll say. Anyone (including myself) who manages people or a business or organization (in my case) is going to be grouchy at times. Try dealing with employees that screw up or potentially jeopardize everything you have worked hard to achieve by doing some dumbshit thing. It happens and can be challenging at times, and OBTW the prick customers who push your patience but yet you try to accommodate them, all the while you are trying to pay the bills, pay your employees, and keep a good inventory. That adds a nice dynamic to the owners frustration and sometimes grouchiness.

I will say one thing about Carter since people like to bring his name up. I enjoy dealing with him and had nothing but good experiences. He has been professional, thorough, very trustworthy, and has provided me good sound advice and useful recommendations. Some may bitch or complain but he is one of the few guys in this business that I trust and I will always consider when I make a purchase or need a good FFL to transfer a firearm. Some may have different experiences but mine have all been pleasant.

Q

« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:07:12 PM by Q »

Garuda

« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2013, 10:28:13 AM »
Customer service is hard.

I've seen people ask the dumbest questions, simply because they didn't know any better.

I once heard a guy walk in to a gun shop and ask "I can't legally buy a gun, if I pay a little more can I buy it without paperwork?"

It sure is!    It's easy for a customer to write a scathing review as opposed to take the time to right a good one.  Everyone has their off days, good days and bad.  That said I have nothing but respect for people who create something out of nothing and start their own business.  I would like to do the same, one day.  I've shopped at most places and have had overall positive experiences.  Sometimes you hear things that come out a little gruff.  Why take it so seriously?