Maunakea TMT Protests (Read 169659 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Maunakea TMT Protests
« Reply #580 on: August 13, 2019, 12:18:35 PM »
There have been two Rep Gov in Hawaii.  William Quinn and Linda Lingle.  You are probably too young to remember Quinn who was Gov from 1959 to 1962.

The first governor, Quinn, was appointed by a Republican US President, not elected.

Although he won the state's first gubernatorial election in 1959, the fact that he was the incumbent, appointed Governor of the territory in 1957, makes his election almost a "gimme".

Technically, he was elected governor.  Realistically, he was already in the job when the first election was held.

However, it didn't take long (one term) for the Democrats to lay hold of the office for 40 years.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #581 on: August 13, 2019, 01:19:20 PM »
There have been two Rep Gov in Hawaii.  William Quinn and Linda Lingle.  You are probably too young to remember Quinn who was Gov from 1959 to 1962.
I wasn’t born yet  ;D

RSN172

« Reply #582 on: August 13, 2019, 01:41:14 PM »
I wasn’t born yet  ;D
I was 9 when Hawaii became a state.  My birth certificate has the seal of the Territory of Hawaii and has white letters on a black sheet.

mrgaf

« Reply #583 on: August 13, 2019, 05:52:51 PM »

However, it didn't take long (one term) for the Democrats to lay hold of the office for 40 years.

Just goes to show ya that vermin are a disease!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

punaperson

« Reply #584 on: August 15, 2019, 07:30:03 AM »
This "event" has faded in the media... not even on any of the front pages of the local media that I looked at today. But the superstitious racist criminals are still violating the law with total impunity.

Here's a brief comment I saw at Big Island Now:

reat disconformity

What is happening on the Mauna is not a 'protest' or a 'demonstration'.

It is a secessionist rebellion whose goal is to secede from the USA and re-establish a Monarchy over the objections of the vast majority of the population. The Mauna is simply a propaganda platform to this end and TMT is the innocent hostage. The small clique of 'cultural practitioners' (NOT native Hawaiians) leading the rebellion are master propagandists and legally astute.

So we now have a state government with an active and spreading secessionist rebellion ongoing right under its nose and, incredibly, elected officials voice support for the secessionists.

The government of Hawaii has collapsed and is no longer functional or operating under the US Constitution. Like Governor Ige, Lt. Governor Green and Mayor Kim, the loyalty of the state legislature is no longer with the United States, and it will not remove these Traitors. It is time to petition the US Military to remove these idiots from office for high Treason and re-establish a functional government.

drck1000

« Reply #585 on: August 15, 2019, 07:43:39 AM »
Heard Kai Kahele pushing to investigate the background, truth, legitimacy, etc of the Mauna Kea access road turnover, use, etc.

punaperson

« Reply #586 on: August 15, 2019, 07:58:17 AM »
Heard Kai Kahele pushing to investigate the background, truth, legitimacy, etc of the Mauna Kea access road turnover, use, etc.
Here's a brief video of a state senate committee member essentially claiming, were this "logic" extended (as it is by the "sovereignty" advocates, that all legal contracts and laws enacted post 1893 are "illegal" and the "kingdom" and/or "repubolic" are the true arbiters), that the "hawaiians" own everything... but here he's just arguing that they own this piece of property, so they are not breaking the law by sitting on their own property.

VIDEO: Who Owns Mauna Kea Access Road?

https://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2019/08/14/video-who-owns-mauna-kea-access-road/

« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:03:46 AM by punaperson »

RSN172

« Reply #587 on: August 15, 2019, 08:51:40 AM »
I also read an article that the MK Access Rd is under DHHL and not State jurisdiction, therefore these protesters have the “right” to stay there until/unless DHHL decides to move them out.  The State CANNOT remove them.

And our esteemed Lt Gov has started his fundraising for his run for Gov in 2020.

punaperson

« Reply #588 on: August 15, 2019, 09:33:26 AM »
I also read an article that the MK Access Rd is under DHHL and not State jurisdiction, therefore these protesters have the “right” to stay there until/unless DHHL decides to move them out.  The State CANNOT remove them.

And our esteemed Lt Gov has started his fundraising for his run for Gov in 2020.
Remember, Green is the guy who introduced the bill that would require a "mental health evaluation" by "a state approved mental health practitioner" within 90 days prior to any firearm purchase. I expect his next iteration to include ammo purchases. smh

RSN172

« Reply #589 on: August 15, 2019, 09:45:03 AM »
And the sad thing is he is almost sure to be elected Gov.

oldfart

« Reply #590 on: August 15, 2019, 09:54:57 AM »
---
He's going to wear his hospital scrubs to the inauguration.
What, Me Worry?

macsak

« Reply #591 on: August 15, 2019, 10:02:15 AM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #592 on: August 15, 2019, 10:15:05 AM »
Who cares if the road transfer to the state had all its "i"s dotted and "t"s crossed?

Two words:  Imminent Domain.
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #593 on: August 15, 2019, 10:25:24 AM »
Who cares if the road transfer to the state had all its "i"s dotted and "t"s crossed?

Two words:  Imminent Domain.
Perhaps you meant imminent Eminent Domain.

If the government cowards won't move criminals off a public roadway, why would they take double-secret probation legal action to claim even more legal right?

Besides, nothing the state could ever do is legal under the sovereignty claim that all actions after 1893 are null and void due to an illegal occupation. I  mean the state can do it, the courts, including the Supreme Court of Hawaii can uphold it... but it's still null and void. Ask the superstitious racist criminals themselves... they'll tell ya in no uncertain terms.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #594 on: August 15, 2019, 10:30:43 AM »
Perhaps you meant imminent Eminent Domain.

If the government cowards won't move criminals off a public roadway, why would they take double-secret probation legal action to claim even more legal right?

Besides, nothing the state could ever do is legal under the sovereignty claim that all actions after 1893 are null and void due to an illegal occupation.

The rule exists whether or not the people in power choose to avail themselves of it.

Just saying, trying to lay legal claim to land under a trust doesn't hold water when the gov't has complete ability to override the legal system in that situation.

The state only has to reimburse the current owners a fair price for the land they take, and it must be justifiably in the public interest to take the land.

That would answer this ownership question now and in the future should new protests seek to block the road again.
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #595 on: August 15, 2019, 10:53:05 AM »
The rule exists whether or not the people in power choose to avail themselves of it.

Just saying, trying to lay legal claim to land under a trust doesn't hold water when the gov't has complete ability to override the legal system in that situation.

The state only has to reimburse the current owners a fair price for the land they take, and it must be justifiably in the public interest to take the land.

That would answer this ownership question now and in the future should new protests seek to block the road again.
I'm guessing that litigation would take at least 5 years. And...1. the sovereignty people would still claim it's illegal thus null and void, and 2. you'd likely still have someone in charge of the government who wouldn't be willing to enforce the law (e.g. Green).

RSN172

« Reply #596 on: August 15, 2019, 11:06:57 AM »
That's what happens when you have gutless cowards in office, or those that do anything to get re-elected.

punaperson

« Reply #597 on: August 15, 2019, 11:55:28 AM »
That's what happens when you have gutless cowards in office, or those that do anything to get re-elected.
AKA Democrats, RINOS, etc.

Has anyone at all, at any level of government, legislative or executive branches, made a clear unequivocal public statement to the effect that "The law must be enforced. People blocking any public roadway must be removed. No exceptions."?

groveler

« Reply #598 on: August 15, 2019, 12:00:50 PM »
This "event" has faded in the media... not even on any of the front pages of the local media that I looked at today. But the superstitious racist criminals are still violating the law with total impunity.

Here's a brief comment I saw at Big Island Now:

reat disconformity

What is happening on the Mauna is not a 'protest' or a 'demonstration'.

It is a secessionist rebellion whose goal is to secede from the USA and re-establish a Monarchy over the objections of the vast majority of the population. The Mauna is simply a propaganda platform to this end and TMT is the innocent hostage. The small clique of 'cultural practitioners' (NOT native Hawaiians) leading the rebellion are master propagandists and legally astute.

So we now have a state government with an active and spreading secessionist rebellion ongoing right under its nose and, incredibly, elected officials voice support for the secessionists.

The government of Hawaii has collapsed and is no longer functional or operating under the US Constitution. Like Governor Ige, Lt. Governor Green and Mayor Kim, the loyalty of the state legislature is no longer with the United States, and it will not remove these Traitors. It is time to petition the US Military to remove these idiots from office for high Treason and re-establish a functional government.
Let them leave!
Define the territory they want, set borders and let them go.
If I'm stuck in the wrong spot,  we can do it the old fashioned way.
War.
That is the Hawaiian way.

RSN172

« Reply #599 on: August 15, 2019, 12:09:05 PM »
AKA Democrats, RINOS, etc.

Has anyone at all, at any level of government, legislative or executive branches, made a clear unequivocal public statement to the effect that "The law must be enforced. People blocking any public roadway must be removed. No exceptions."?
Not that I am aware of and I am 100% certain the answer is "NO, BECAUSE I AM TOO AFRAID TO JEPRODIZE MY POLITICAL CAREER TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT.  I did not get elected for this.  All I wanted to do was make some money with under the table deals and kissing people's asses.