Hawaii Hunter Education Classes (Read 61840 times)

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Hawaii Hunter Education Classes
« on: August 07, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »
This is the information for the Hawaii Hunter Education class put on the the Department of Land and Natural Resources.  After completing this class, you can get your hunting license and apply for pistol purchase permit.  I strongly suggest anyone that uses this course to get their pistol purchase permit to take a NRA sponsored firearms safety course and get some practice time in first.  Saftey is the number one thing when operating firearms.

Hawaii Basic Hunter Education Course

For more information please contact us:
Hawaii Hunter Education Program
1130 N. Nimitz Highway, A-212
Honolulu, Hawaii 96817-4580
(808) 587-0200 voice
(808) 587-0205 fax

Neighbor Islands Registration
(800) 353-4868

email: hawaiihuntered@hawaii.gov

The schedule of classes can be found here:
http://hawaii.gov/dlnr/huntered/info/classes
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 06:53:35 AM by 2aHawaii »
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

redryderbb

Re: Hawaii Hunter Education Classes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 11:54:52 PM »
Hello everyone!  I was wondering about the Hunter Ed Classes (Oahu), some months have 2 days of class and other months have 3 days of class offered.  What is the difference? I know that the 2 days of classes has longer hours than the 3 days of classes, but are they going to cover pretty much every material between the 2 days and 3 days classes?
Also on the website provided above, it states: Students must complete all three (3) nights to get certified.  Is that certified to get a hunting license?  So if I attend a month with 2 days of class, do I have to attend another 1 day class?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 12:01:20 AM by redryderbb »

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 04:41:49 AM »
The three class thing is new to me, but the way it looks on the site, I'd assume that you just attend whatever classes are scheduled for that grouping and you are good to go. Well, if you pass the test that is.

So two day class, just needs two days. Three day class needs three days. You can always call to confirm, too.
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Bigkahuna808

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • "He's got the eye of the Jew"
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 09:11:34 PM »
I took mine over 10 years ago.  It was. 2 days.  Friday evening and all day sat.

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 11:19:22 PM »
I took mine over 10 years ago.  It was. 2 days.  Friday evening and all day sat.

I took mine a month ago, and it was still the same...
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

redryderbb

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 12:49:16 AM »
Thanks for the responses! :shaka:
I'd rather choose and attend the 2 days of class even though it is longer hours.  Attend the 2 classes, pass the test then all pau   :thumbsup:
I just got to get on the list for 2 days of class since it seems to be all booked.  Maybe I'll just go there early and stand in line to be considered as a stand-by participant  :) 

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Sheepdog
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 04:31:17 AM »
Thanks for the responses! :shaka:
I'd rather choose and attend the 2 days of class even though it is longer hours.  Attend the 2 classes, pass the test then all pau   :thumbsup:
I just got to get on the list for 2 days of class since it seems to be all booked.  Maybe I'll just go there early and stand in line to be considered as a stand-by participant  :) 

Oh, make sure if you are going stand-by, that you get on the list. There should be a sign-up paper around or in the office.
I am not a lawyer.

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 08:08:33 AM »
Get there early if you go stand-by. I was there and hour and a half early and was towards the end of the list. From what was said, the class is always packed.
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

redryderbb

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »
Oh, make sure if you are going stand-by, that you get on the list. There should be a sign-up paper around or in the office.
Get there early if you go stand-by. I was there and hour and a half early and was towards the end of the list. From what was said, the class is always packed.
Big Mahalos for the heads up guys.  I'll try to get there maybe at least 2 hours early, sign-up and get in line for the stand-bys.  Tomorrow's class (Friday) won't be too bad since the class starts at 5:45pm.  But on Saturday the class starts at 7:45am, and I will have to be there by 5:45am. I'll probably be still be half awake  :sleeping: ;)

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 10:12:55 AM »
No need to show up two hours early on the second day. Stand by is only for the first day. Once you are signed up, your in.
Make sure you take notes when they say "you need to know this" or "it just might be on the test".
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

Gorilla25

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 09:27:28 AM »
Any one know how/where I can get another hunters education class card? I misplaced my card and would like a replacement. Thanks in advance

bass monkey

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
You should be able to contact them and have them print out another certification.

Gorilla25

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 09:42:32 AM »
just noticed the email at the top. Thanks

HNL03

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 11:02:50 AM »
Nimitz business center where eagle cafe is. 2nd floor, when you drive up the ramp they are right there on the right. I went there for the same thing 2weeks ago. I think it costs around $5 dollars.

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
Nimitz business center where eagle cafe is. 2nd floor, when you drive up the ramp they are right there on the right. I went there for the same thing 2weeks ago. I think it costs around $5 dollars.

They charge for the course now??

Or do you mean for parking?
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

bass monkey

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 03:26:42 PM »
I believe he is talking to the guy asking about getting a another copy, it costs $5, cause the guy is the one that bumped up this thread.

HNL03

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 03:30:27 PM »
They charge for the course now??

Or do you mean for parking?
Nope that is for a copy of the certificate and card

Gorilla25

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2013, 07:08:20 AM »
Thanks! and sorry for the confusion when I bumped the thread  :-\

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »
Thanks! and sorry for the confusion when I bumped the thread  :-\

No, no...my fault for the confusion.  I misread the posts.
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

axis

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »
Does anyone know what the minimum hunting age is in Hawaii? i've heard everything from 10 years to 15 years old. my son is 11 and if that is old enough i would like to get the ball rolling.
" Hope for the best but always be ready for the Worst!"