2017 Firearm Registrations, Permits to Acquire and CCW Permit numbers are in (Read 7814 times)

changemyoil66

What happened in 2012 and 2013 for the huge jump?

Flapp_Jackson

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

Thanks.  But is the jump because it was an elementary school?  Cause active shooters happened all year and after Florida MSD, there was the AWB, but not as high as a jump.

Flapp_Jackson

Thanks.  But is the jump because it was an elementary school?  Cause active shooters happened all year and after Florida MSD, there was the AWB, but not as high as a jump.

The day after the Newtown shooting, people in DC started talking about a new AW ban.

That week, OGC sold out of every AR, AK, associated mags and accessories, and ammo.  It was hard to hear inside the store with the "echo" bouncing off the bare walls.

All other stores experienced the same.

Then Obama appointed Biden to come up with a comprehensive list of things the gov't can do (laws, XOs, etc) to prevent mass shootings.  There was a Congressional hearing on the subject with law enforcement, mental health and gun control witnesses.  Mark Kelley, the husband of Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, was included.

The gun control effort was moving full steam ahead.  If they couldn't capitalize on something like Sandy Hook, then they have no chance of winning -- they said as much.  Emotional appeals needed to be immediate to be most effective.

State bans don't drive sales in other states.  A national ban affects all states.  Bigger incentive to get yours now so it can be grandfathered in after any ban is effective.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

So what the DNC doesn't realize is that bans or talk about bans increase sales big time. Counter productive?

Bota-CS1

Pretty interesting.  Over the reporting period there have been 4 years where registrations have declined from previous years; ‘03 ‘07 ‘14 and ‘16.  2016 saw the biggest drop with almost 5,000 fewer permits applied for.  Coincidentally, late 2016 we saw the implementation of Rapback.  And since that time, overall numbers still haven’t returned to pre 2016 levels.  🤔.  2007 - 2008 saw the biggest increase, which corresponds roughly with the Obama election. Best Gun Salesman EVAR! Lol
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Flapp_Jackson

So what the DNC doesn't realize is that bans or talk about bans increase sales big time. Counter productive?

More logic, reasoning and facts?   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

"Confiscations - Four “assault pistols,” one “short barrel shotgun,” and one “short barrel rifle,” as defined and prohibited by state law, were confiscated by the firearm registration personnel statewide in 2018." I am assuming that some military folks did not read the laws.
My money's on that "short barrel shotgun" being a BATFE-legal and 49-other-states legal Mossberg 590 Shockwave (or similar by another manufacturer). Only in Hawaii can the dumbshit progressive statists carve out an illegality that literally everyone else acknowledges is bullshit.

I should qualify the above as being legal everywhere else when they first came out... I wouldn't be surprised if New Jersey, Massachusetts, etc. may have since outlawed them, as they have dumshit legislatures and governors as well.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 07:07:11 PM by punaperson »