Custom Home Room Gun Safes (Read 5515 times)

Grogidubnus

Custom Home Room Gun Safes
« on: April 29, 2019, 04:04:37 PM »
Anyone know of any company on island that can build a safe into a large closet area, maybe 5' x 8' with a vault door. Looking for something that I can open, walk in, and hang/store my firearms on the walls.

changemyoil66

Re: Custom Home Room Gun Safes
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:08:15 AM »
IDK anyone.  But if you do end up doing this, sounds like it would be a big safe and look cool.  Can you post pics when done?  unless you're worried about opsec, then never mind.

Grogidubnus

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »
I don't mind posting pics of the completed vault. It'll basically be a vault room, or walk-in vault. I've been searching online, and haven't found anything for Hawaii. Looked into building one myself a little bit, might have to go that route. Getting the vault door to Hawaii will be the biggest hurdle it seems. Getting it into the house would be the next hurdle lol.

Lihikai

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 05:09:30 PM »
Instead of a vault door, you might be able to use a high-end commercial steel security door. 

Grogidubnus

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 05:20:47 PM »
Instead of a vault door, you might be able to use a high-end commercial steel security door.

I'll look into that  :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 10:08:08 AM »
24 Hour Fitness was built in the old Hawaiian National Bank, so the area you bench press is in a vault.  They still have the huge door.  It's about 2 feet thick. 

Grogidubnus

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2019, 04:45:02 PM »
24 Hour Fitness was built in the old Hawaiian National Bank, so the area you bench press is in a vault.  They still have the huge door.  It's about 2 feet thick.

Tell them I'll take it!!!  :D

stangzilla

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2019, 05:34:24 PM »
you mean like this?    ;)

not mine of course, i'm not rich.   :D

its not a vault door but its heavily secured and air conditioned

Grogidubnus

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 10:09:17 PM »
Yep, that would work too. Maybe not as big as that though, I wish I had that much room to work with.

stangzilla

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2019, 05:14:02 AM »
I've often thought about this too
Making a whole room into a walk in safe
Then I would have to fill it up  :D

Grogidubnus

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
My wife wants me to have a walk-in vault room/closet installed, I can't think of a higher authority to give a green light than that lol.

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2019, 08:47:36 AM »
you mean like this?    ;)

not mine of course, i'm not rich.   :D

its not a vault door but its heavily secured and air conditioned

Whoa!

I knew a guy in AZ that had a walkin gun room about that size.  I can't seem to find the pics now.  Think it may be on the site that I was banned on.   :(  He since passed, but when he was active, he had so much stuff that he started flat out giving them away.  He had mags for guns that be bought just because there were on sale and didn't even own the gun.  He's given me a bunch of mags (AK, pistol, others) just because.  I told him that I got a new AK and he mailed me a box with like 6 brand new AK mags.  Was cheaper Korean ones, but they worked!  Miss that guy. . .  :(

drck1000

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »
My wife wants me to have a walk-in vault room/closet installed, I can't think of a higher authority to give a green light than that lol.
You sure it's not a trap?  ;D

I hope not.  If you can get the go, then  :thumbsup:

I don't have much room in my place for that.  I could convert one of my closets to a large gun vault, but not much beyond that. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2019, 09:12:45 AM »
Tell them I'll take it!!!  :D

Not sure if joking or srs.  But if srs, if you call them, they might accommodate you because it's an eye sore and takes up space.  But IDK how you gonna get it up the stairs.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/24-hour-fitness-bishop-honolulu?select=jv-r7BnFplfs2nmU8thNyQ

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/24-hour-fitness-bishop-honolulu?select=Q2DoyF8TwNOkJSeZeDsMDA

This is the 2nd round door. IIRC, there is a rectangle vault door also, but I can't find pics of it.

19pontiac79

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2019, 09:57:39 AM »
It's my cousins company. He doesn't have the website up for security side of business yet. You can look at his quality work with his home renovations construction company at.

www.Taniguchibuilders.com

And his Instagram for the security side till the web site is up.

Aloha
Wade  :shaka:
"if can. Can. If no can. No can" - Uncles 😆
"Why? The ring no block the hole." - Uncle's 😘
"You can throw a rock any distance and you will hit a double standard. = LIFE" 🤷🏽‍♂️

Grogidubnus

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2019, 10:45:48 AM »
Not sure if joking or srs.  But if srs, if you call them, they might accommodate you because it's an eye sore and takes up space.  But IDK how you gonna get it up the stairs.

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/24-hour-fitness-bishop-honolulu?select=jv-r7BnFplfs2nmU8thNyQ

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/24-hour-fitness-bishop-honolulu?select=Q2DoyF8TwNOkJSeZeDsMDA

This is the 2nd round door. IIRC, there is a rectangle vault door also, but I can't find pics of it.

I was joking, I can't imagine what that thing weighs, and how to get the combo for it at this point.

Grogidubnus

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2019, 10:48:24 AM »
THANK YOU WADE!!!

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2019, 09:13:41 PM »
Depending on how handy you are you could take a solid core door or steel door and some diamond plate to make a pretty secure space. Might need to reinforce the walls as well so someone can't chop through the wall.

You could build one with heavy hinges and a solid lock and lock hasp. Wouldn't be pretty maybe but functional.

808Hunta

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 01:48:13 AM »
Aloha Grog,

Been off the forum for awhile if u still need assistance lmk we have vaults.

Aloha

sa594

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 10:57:13 PM »
Aloha Grog,

Been off the forum for awhile if u still need assistance lmk we have vaults.

Aloha
[/quote]

Check pm