Hung jury, mistrial.
43.8%
Total Members Voted

Voting closed: July 01, 2019, 08:44:39 PM

Kealoha Trial Verdict (Read 8875 times)

drck1000

Re: Kealoha Trial Verdict
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 11:01:59 AM »
Kat Kealoha will be locked up unril her sentencing in Oct, Judge Seabright ruled.
Good  :thumbsup:

Read that there are possibly other charges pending for the Kealohas. Wonder how far this will continue as sentencing for this conviction proceeds as well as if additional charges are pursued.

Next up, Kaneshiro...

punaperson

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 11:35:58 AM »
Kat Kealoha will be locked up unril her sentencing in Oct, Judge Seabright ruled.
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2019/06/28/verdict-has-been-reached-kealoha-mailbox-trial/

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person. Now we have to wait all these months to see what the actual "punishment" is... for this trial verdict... then two more on the way.

"On the conviction", [her attorney] added, “I only have three words: Appeal, appeal, appeal.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 11:38:39 AM »
The jury found both of the Kealohas guilty of five of the six counts against them:
Conspiracy and four counts of attempted obstruction.

They were found not guilty of making false statements.

I guess filing a false police report under penalty of perjury doesn't count as "making false statements."
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rpoL98

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 02:32:44 PM »
I guess filing a false police report under penalty of perjury doesn't count as "making false statements."
well we all know Hawaii judges have a different interpretation.  maybe because of the pidgin?  somethings just get lost in translation.  kinna hahd fo' unnastan'.

you think shell-shocked Louis is having 2nd thoughts about the woman he hitched up with, for better or for worse?

I'm sure Katherine will be an outstanding jail house lawyer, inmates are probably already lining up to be on her client list, in exchange for favors, protection, and specialty "skills".

RSN172

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 03:28:38 PM »
Dey lucky dey goin federal prison.  Dey wud b dead meat in Halawa or any otta local prison.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
well we all know Hawaii judges have a different interpretation.  maybe because of the pidgin?  somethings just get lost in translation.  kinna hahd fo' unnastan'.

you think shell-shocked Louis is having 2nd thoughts about the woman he hitched up with, for better or for worse?

I'm sure Katherine will be an outstanding jail house lawyer, inmates are probably already lining up to be on her client list, in exchange for favors, protection, and specialty "skills".

He seemed to be fine with the lifestyle her fraudulent and illegal activities afforded them.

Maybe her personality was improved, too, when under the influence?
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 05:11:18 PM »
Dey lucky dey goin federal prison.  Dey wud b dead meat in Halawa or any otta local prison.

She'll be in isolation for a couple of days until they have an idea if she's safe in GenPop being "former law enforcement".
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 06:10:15 PM »
so who was it that took the mailbox?
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

-- Melvin Udall

ren

Deeds Not Words

punaperson

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »
Are we really supposed to believe that current HPD chief Susan Ballard was in the higher echelons of the HPD brass for all these years and knew nothing of Kealoha's corrupt practices, including his use of the "secret police" (two of whom are now convicted felons and will be "dismissed" from the force)?

ren

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2019, 06:22:15 PM »
So since Louis denied CCW permits while he was corrupt does this conviction invalidate those decision?
Who would think that a corrupt police chief would deny you your right but abuse his powers for personal gain? Only in Hawaii.....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:42:30 AM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

punaperson

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 08:52:38 AM »
So since Louis denied CCW permits while he was corrupt does this conviction invalidate those decision?
Who would think that a corrupt police chief would deny you your right but abuse his powers for personal gain? Only in Hawaii.....
Well, to be fair, there have been and are corrupt police chiefs elsewhere, but the difference is that here in Hawaii it is the normal and accepted order of things... the damn feds from the mainland didn't understand that... fucking haoles...

ren

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
I hope that more people will see how the argument of "only govt should have guns" is an irony and just ignorance. Why should we trust govt to begin with? Especially when it comes to our own rights.
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2019, 02:15:54 PM »
Now we have the investigation of the Kauai PD going on, about cheating on the qualification tests.  If this is only the stuff we know about, imagine all the lying, stealing and other corruption taking place in all the PDs in Hawaii.  A few weeks ago there was that cop on Molokai arrested on drug charges.  Any wonder why I do not trust the police or have respect for them?

rpoL98

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2019, 02:42:07 PM »
This guy ....

https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/05/kealoha-trial-thats-not-the-way-that-mailbox-should-come-off/
you'd think it would be a slam-dunk for the FBI to determine make-model-year of the vehicle based on grill shape, lights, door & window shapes, vehicle profile, taillight pattern.   and then cross it with the elite special Criminal Intelligence Unit, their wives' cars, buddy officers, etc.  I'll bet the real mail box burglar is considering moving to Argentina or something right now.  just a matter of time before the other shoe drops.  his goose is as good as cooked.  I guess getting a conviction might be another story, but ought to be able pressure him to sing like a canary.

Are we really supposed to believe that current HPD chief Susan Ballard was in the higher echelons of the HPD brass for all these years and knew nothing of Kealoha's corrupt practices, including his use of the "secret police" (two of whom are now convicted felons and will be "dismissed" from the force)?

it's possible that the "old boy network" shunned Ballard if they considered her to be too much of a straight-arrow goody-2-shoes "boy scout".  she might've felt that "those guys" are probably up to no good, but MYOB carries the day.  possible, maybe even probable, but i'd go with "unlikely".  my bet is that she had more than an inkling that foul deeds were afoot.  she needs to clean house, top-to-bottom, drain her own deep-state swamp.  might have to fire 50% of the force, but i'll bet the ever-strong SHOPO police union is a major obstacle to a clean-up.   in fact, the bad cops can count on SHOPO to defend them to the end, until proven guilty.  And we all know how difficult that is here in Hawaii.  Hawaii judges....

ETA: if she lets the corrupt bad boy secret society continue to exist within her organization, not making it a top priority to root them out, then she's just as guilty, and shares in the corruption for being the one that can be counted on to "look the other way".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:07:13 PM by rpoL98 »

RSN172

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 02:34:51 PM »
I would like to know why the other two convicted felons, Nyugen and Hahn, are still on HPD payroll.  Hahn called in sick the day after the trial and taxpayers are paying for it.  Do they still have their badge, gun and police powers?  Hope at least that got taken away.  Louie has to return the $250k payout he got when he resigned, but that money is probably long gone.

ren

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 03:41:36 PM »
I would like to know why the other two convicted felons, Nyugen and Hahn, are still on HPD payroll.  Hahn called in sick the day after the trial and taxpayers are paying for it.  Do they still have their badge, gun and police powers?  Hope at least that got taken away.  Louie has to return the $250k payout he got when he resigned, but that money is probably long gone.

HOPE
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 07:22:57 PM »

King Louis still has his pension and I'm sure some other assets.  They didn't get to the position of "Honolulu's Power Couple" and have nothing tangible to show for it.

The retirement agreement says he has 60 days from the end of his last appeal for the conviction to repay the full amount.  That means he'll want to delay the appeal for as long as possible, knowing he's on the hook for a quarter of a million bucks when that process ends.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3377658-Louis-Kealoha-retirement-agreement.html
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 11:23:45 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2019, 10:01:58 PM »
Heard on the evening news that Kat Kealoha will be doing her time on the mainland.