25th Annual Shooting Sports Fair (June 16 & 17 at KHSC) (Read 16720 times)

zippz

Re: 25th Annual Shooting Sports Fair (June 16 & 17 at KHSC)
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2018, 12:50:17 PM »
Do you have an estimate script price per rifle?  This way I know how much cash to bring.

Around 1 or 2 rounds per dollar depending on what you're shooting.  Bigger stuff costs a bit more.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2018, 02:44:11 PM »
I'll probably buy in 50 scripts for starters. 

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2018, 03:50:16 PM »
I'll probably buy in 50 scripts for starters.
Think you'd be able to shoot a bunch of ARs & AKs with that amount.  The .308 and 30-06 guns are more.  I think they usually allow 2-10 round mags when it isn't busy.  Can do more if the lines are shorter.  50 scripts probably get you around 5-10 round mags.  5 round mags are available too. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2018, 09:45:12 AM »
I'll spend what ever my dad wants.  He is one of those who aren't totally anti-2a, but anti "assault rifles".  He isn't a protestor either.  Just when asked his 2 cents, he gives it.  So his mind can be changed. (Insert Charlie Kirk meme).

He is reading Tom Clancy books now and ask me many questions about M4's, Glocks, suppressors, etc...  So I'm hoping this will help him understand more about assault rifles and the differences between civilian and military rifles. He asked if it was ok to go Costco after since I told him about our "places to keep law" when he takes us to the airport for Vegas.  He even feels that's a stupid law.  I'm not bringing anything to KHSC tomorrow so told him we can go Costco after.

His question was "what if you have to take a major dump?".  Told him, you better shit your pants then.

Inspector

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2018, 10:41:51 AM »
Range setup tomorrow starting at 11 am I believe.  I'm planning on heading out there in the afternoon. 

I haven't seen the volunteer list, but we can always use volunteers.  While experience with firearms is great, there's plenty of opportunity to help out if you don't or for those who have significant others, kids, etc who don't have experience with firearms.  This is actually a pretty good opportunity for a first experience as there will be dozens of firearms instructors as well as a wide variety of firearms to try.
I won't be able to volunteer this year. Have fun and be safe this weekend.  :shaka: :shaka: :shaka:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Bushido

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »
I'll spend what ever my dad wants.  He is one of those who aren't totally anti-2a, but anti "assault rifles".  He isn't a protestor either.  Just when asked his 2 cents, he gives it.  So his mind can be changed. (Insert Charlie Kirk meme).

He is reading Tom Clancy books now and ask me many questions about M4's, Glocks, suppressors, etc...  So I'm hoping this will help him understand more about assault rifles and the differences between civilian and military rifles. He asked if it was ok to go Costco after since I told him about our "places to keep law" when he takes us to the airport for Vegas.  He even feels that's a stupid law.  I'm not bringing anything to KHSC tomorrow so told him we can go Costco after.

His question was "what if you have to take a major dump?".  Told him, you better shit your pants then.

I'm sure he'll have a great time. After he's hooked, bring him to the open shoot next weekend.

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2018, 09:17:46 PM »
I won't be able to volunteer this year. Have fun and be safe this weekend.  :shaka: :shaka: :shaka:
Well, feel free to swing by Sun am and say hello.

Inspector

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2018, 05:22:36 AM »
Well, feel free to swing by Sun am and say hello.
Thanks for the invite. I wish I could I could go. I have to work today (Saturday) which means I have a whole day of chores and errands I need to do on Sunday. Also, I am having a little landscaping work done at the house and he will be working Sat and Sun and I need to be available during both days as he does his work. I finally found a hard working, reliable person to do yard/landscaping work for me. Found him through HomeAdvisor.com. He charges a little more than I want to pay but being reliable and ambitious has got to be worth something. So he is worth it just for doing a good job and being a man of his word. Funny side note, everytime it comes for me to pay him, his wife shows up with their child in another car. As soon as I give him his fee, he walks it over to the wife and gives it to her. I’m sure there is a story behind it. I can only imagine.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

zippz

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2018, 07:24:32 AM »
Work trip got cancelled so ill be working the pistol tables today.  Getting setup for the busy day.  Bring your friends today.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

drck1000

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2018, 06:26:55 PM »
Fun first day. Not sure of the attendance numbers, but was busy in the morning and then thinned out in the afternoon. Sunday is usually busier than Saturday with many family enjoying Father’s Day weekend at the range.

Weather was awesome for shooting and shaved ice! Another day tomorrow! 

GlockNewb

« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2018, 06:54:44 PM »
Co-workers had fun today, bringing other friends tomorrow
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

changemyoil66

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2018, 01:05:50 PM »
Dad had fun.  This was the 2nd time he shot.  Last time was 20 years ago.

He tried the AK and AR.  He sees them in the movies and wanted to check it out.
Tried the Glock because HPD uses it and in Tom Clancy novels
1911 in 45.  He didn't like the kick.  Seen this in WWII movies
SAW, loved it.  Told him next time we go Vegas, full auto is way more fun
Beretta m9 cause the military uses it and sometimes in his Tom Clancy books
Benelli M2
SIG pistol, again mentioned in books he reads

So seems like he wanted to try what he sees on TV/books.  He also asked when movies show the good guy shooting 1 handed while running, is that possible?  Now he knows how difficult it is, so it's mainly BS.

His overall fav was the SAW.  HUGE thanks to the RO that spotted his squib load when on the Ruger 9mm.  That could have ended very badly and would have pushed him more on the anti 2a side. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2018, 08:48:06 AM »
The wife shot a 44 mag and the BAR.  She wants a revolver now.

I shot the UMP45.  That was fun.  I would buy a sub-machine gun if we didn't need that 16in barrel.

Mainly we were there so dad could shoot.

drck1000

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2018, 11:52:01 AM »
Sunday was much busier than Saturday, but overall didn't seem as busy as previous years.  Still great turnout though as it was steady for most of the day.  Got to see many familiar faces from previous years as well as quite a few 2aHawaii folks.  Always good to see first time shooters getting introduced to shooting sports as well as families sharing shooting together.  Many families came through my line to shoot the same gun and that was always fun. 

As I discussed with a few folks, in many regards I learn more about shooting observing others.  That includes in classes/training and also SSF.  You get to see tendencies and how they affect shooting performance as well as see some interesting things when guns are "well used".  Will likely start another thread on the subject, but I saw a 300 BLK lower rendered inoperable due to debris from a blown primer. 

Overall another successful and fun event.  No injuries that I am aware of.  Seemed like many folks got to enjoy the event.  Those that attended as well as volunteered. 

Drakiir84

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2018, 02:23:39 PM »
Mayor Caldwell came with his daughter on Saturday and they had a great time.  This isn't the first SSF that the Mayor attended but this time around they showed a lot more interest in being educated about firearms and learning more.  I applaud anyone that can open their mind to see the other side and avoid the politics involved.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

changemyoil66

« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »
Mayor Caldwell came with his daughter on Saturday and they had a great time.  This isn't the first SSF that the Mayor attended but this time around they showed a lot more interest in being educated about firearms and learning more.  I applaud anyone that can open their mind to see the other side and avoid the politics involved.

Baby steps.

macsak

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2018, 02:58:06 PM »
Baby steps.

don't get your hopes up, guys...

Drakiir84

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2018, 03:31:23 PM »

I never do lol.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

ren

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2018, 03:40:08 PM »

Deeds Not Words

drck1000

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2018, 03:42:35 PM »
Caldwell, daughter and Ken Ito came by and shot with us. The daughter was apprehensive to shoot the AR and AK. After sorne coaching and encouragement, she seemed to enjoy it. Not quite a gun enthusiast, but not afraid of them anymore.

Had a good (albeit short) conversation with both Caldwell and Ito when I had a break for lunch.  Yeah, I sensed a genuine interest in being educated. I had seen both at SSF and other HRA events before, but ever really interacted with them that much before.