Armored Truck Robbery (Read 1702 times)

changemyoil66

Armored Truck Robbery
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:19:56 AM »
Per Allison Blair (Hawaii News Now), McDonalds in Nimitz had their armored truck robbed.  No further details.

Guess OC never work.  Forehead boy will use this to push his anti 2a when Young vs. Hawaii wins.

zippz

Re: Armored Truck Robbery
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:52:34 PM »
Likely complacency.  That's why situational awareness is extremely important for everyone when OC in public.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

groveler

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 01:12:32 PM »
Likely complacency.  That's why situational awareness is extremely important for everyone when OC in public.
More likely, somebody planned, and executed that plan.
I've watched these "security" people and they are a joke.
They only exist to scare off junkie robbers.
Kind of like our police.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 01:56:10 PM »
More info.  The guard chased after the robber who took the money bag.  So I guess he did do the right thing because deadly force wasn't needed because the thief was running away with the money.

Or maybe he no more bullets like the national guard at the airport during 9/11.

bass monkey

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »
The money is already insured
I'm sure they getting paid minimum
And most of their trainings say don't need to be a hero

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 02:42:09 PM »
The money is already insured
I'm sure they getting paid minimum
And most of their trainings say don't need to be a hero

Maybe the criminals are now catching on.  I used to work at a bank and they told everyone to just give the money and wait until the robber leaves before hitting the button.  We don't want a stand off situation like at the American Savings in Kahala.  What if there just happens to be a cop outside and they get the call.

We were robbed a few times and I remember when the robber asked 1 girl for her cash she gave it up.  Then looked at the teller next to her and asked for hers too.  She said "get the fuck out of here".  She was 1 potagee aunty who don't take crap from no one.  The robber left.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 03:16:03 PM »
It was a homeless man hiding in the bushes at the McDonalds.  The homeless guy (or housing-challenged individual is the more PC term) out and grabbed the bag from the guard and took off across Nimitz.  Guard gave chase but couldn’t catch him.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 07:37:31 PM »
The thief stashed the loot so he wouldn't be caught with it.  A witness said he looked "high on drugs".

He was arrested later when he came back to retrieve the money.  I guess it's true:  the perp always returns to the scene of the crime.

He'll get a clean, dry bed, clean clothes, a shower, food, medical treatment if needed, a cellmate to talk story with, and a lawyer's services.

Not bad for a failed crime of opportunity.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall