Friends of the NRA Banquet 2017 (Read 11126 times)

zippz

Friends of the NRA Banquet 2017
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:53:55 PM »
The Friends of the NRA banquet is coming up.  It's a fundraiser to help with the junior air rifle teams, ranges and more things to help the gun community.  They have a delicious banquet, auctions and raffles, and guest speakers.  A wonderful annual event where you can meet other members of the gun community.

If we can gather 10 people for the Kaneohe one we can have our own 2ahawaii table.  They also take donations for their auctions and raffles.

https://www.friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/Index/12

August 16    -    Lihue, Kauai
October 28  -    Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
November 12  -   Kaneohe, Hawaii

Aloha Friends, Sponsors, and Guests,

Please join us for the annual Hawaii Friends of NRA Oahu Dinner on Sunday, November 12, 2017. The fun begins at 4:00PM! The Dinner ticket order form and Sponsor opportunity form are attached. Dinner tickets may also be reserved online at https://friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/Details/12?eventId=54573

In order to host more guests we will again hold the dinner at the Windward Ballroom at the E-Club at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base Hawaii. That’s the complex just inside the main gate with Kahuna’s Grill as it’s prominent vendor. Please reserve your Sponsor and family, club, team or group tables early so we can accommodate everyone’s seating preferences in the new venue. Hopefully no one gets stuck on a wait list this year!

We will have a great buffet and wonderful door prizes, custom firearms and art, games, auctions, and more fun. We look forward to honoring the new HHSAA Sporter Air Rifle State Champions and JROTC Top Junior Shooters. Please help us continue to support our high school air rifle teams, JROTC, Wounded Warrior Air Rifle Rehabilitation Programs, 4-H and Scout shooting sports, public range construction, wildlife conservation, and firearms safety programs.

Please forward this announcement to your customers, club and team members, and other interested folks!

Mahalo,

Dawn R. Horn
Treasurer, Hawaii FNRA

« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 03:59:19 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Inspector

Re: Friends of the NRA Banquet 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
Zippz,

How much is a ticket and what are the hours of the event. The problem I have had with these in the past is that they occur on Sunday and I have to get up Early Monday morning for work. The other problem is that I have been asked to go with several groups and it is tough to figure out which group (table) to sit with.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Surf

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 07:55:08 AM »
Dave,

Tickets are $55 per person.  It is on a Sunday and Starts around 4pm.  HRA definitely sells the most tables by far.  I have my own group of regulars that I sit with.  There is dinner, time to peruse the auction stuff, silent auction and then the a live auction and raffle prizes throughout the night and I like to donate there.  It can be a bit long if you stay all the way to the end.  But if you don't buy anything or don't care about the auction or raffle you can leave whenever.  They also have a bar.  I also like to support the local schools and the kids from the air rifle teams that are working the event and like to donate there.  They and are fundraising also and I think this is about the most satisfying part of the event.  If groups can manage to donate a nice air rifle, that is satisfying.   

Inspector

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:57 AM »
Dave,

Tickets are $55 per person.  It is on a Sunday and Starts around 4pm.  HRA definitely sells the most tables by far.  I have my own group of regulars that I sit with.  There is dinner, time to peruse the auction stuff, silent auction and then the a live auction and raffle prizes throughout the night and I like to donate there.  It can be a bit long if you stay all the way to the end.  But if you don't buy anything or don't care about the auction or raffle you can leave whenever.  They also have a bar.  I also like to support the local schools and the kids from the air rifle teams that are working the event and like to donate there.  They and are fundraising also and I think this is about the most satisfying part of the event.  If groups can manage to donate a nice air rifle, that is satisfying.
Thanks Surf,

I need to review my finances especially after I get the bill for my wife's hospital stay and figure out if I can afford to go. I have been wanting to do this for quite some time. Some I have spoken to have complained about how long it goes and how late. I'm not buying any more guns so while I love auctions I can't participate in the gun auctions any way. But I will want to have some $ to give to the local schools and the kids. Maybe I will go this year then depending on finances and leave when I get tired. Thanks again.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 08:24:26 AM »
I went in 2014 and 2015.  It's a fun event and definitely great to support.  At least I'm hoping it's the same event, but the ones that I went to had the members of the rifle teams "working".  Helping with finding tables, raffle, etc.  You get to meet and talk with the folks much of the funds and prizes go toward helping supporting.  Yeah, you need to take your wallet as there's a lot of enticing things to bid on, raffle, etc. 

zippz

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 08:53:16 AM »
It goes on until about 9PM.  Dinner is at about 6pm with the guest speakers, then closing the auctions at the end.  You could leave at 8 if you don't bid on auctions or do the raffles. 
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

jc2721

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 09:59:25 AM »
The last couple of banquets I've gone to have ended around 10-11 p.m.  There's usually a large cash raffle ($1500) at the end of the evening, so I've always stayed to the end.  I haven't won a prize yet, but I always plan on dropping a few c-notes.  Some stuff is very nice, others--not so much but they're usually donations from some very generous people.  There's always an African hunt and/or a North American big game hunt auctioned off.  If I recall, one year a guy I know won an African hunt for $1500/person!  He never did go, however.

Drakiir84

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »
Won a gun the last 2 years, I intend on keeping that trend alive lol.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

Surf

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »
The last couple of banquets I've gone to have ended around 10-11 p.m.  There's usually a large cash raffle ($1500) at the end of the evening, so I've always stayed to the end.  I haven't won a prize yet, but I always plan on dropping a few c-notes.  Some stuff is very nice, others--not so much but they're usually donations from some very generous people.  There's always an African hunt and/or a North American big game hunt auctioned off.  If I recall, one year a guy I know won an African hunt for $1500/person!  He never did go, however.
The African hunt is $1500 for 4 people for a full week.  This includes ground transportation, lodging, hunting guides and all meals and they will prepare portions of your animal, plus safari's for the family if they don't hunt.  Also includes 2 animals off the "included in the price" list of game, minor animals.  This does not include airfare, guide tip, alcohol, taxes, taxidermy or shipping, but they will arrange the taxidermy and shipping.  It is also very easy to upgrade to larger game animals and this is where the costs can really climb into the thousands or tens of thousands just for the game fees.  Overall you can expect to pay several thousands of dollars for a trip like this, $20-$25K for a family of four on the low end, but the price is good for what you are actually bidding on.  I have until 2018 to use mine, but they often extend it a year or two if you ask.  Just trying to arrange the time. 

Rocky

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 05:39:19 PM »

Last year got a pair of FrontSite  Commander Memberships , year before I got the African hunt for 4 people 7 nights . Great deal on that one but the cost per kill was high.
Last year's hunt auction was a "Red Deer " hunt in New Zealand.

I've seen them auction more than guns,  like Clint Eastwood memorabilia, NRA logo'd salt n pepper shakers, fire pit etc... One year they  auctioned one of those under the bed vaults that was locked.  ???
 It had cherry  ass rifle in side as a bonus..  :o

Banquet is lots of fun, but my problem is I easily drop over $1K-$2K every  year. :P
I must LOVE Hawaii's air rifle teams  :love:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

zippz

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 09:54:54 PM »
Aloha Friends, Sponsors, and Guests,

Please join us for the annual Hawaii Friends of NRA Oahu Dinner on Sunday, November 12, 2017. The fun begins at 4:00PM! The Dinner ticket order form and Sponsor opportunity form are attached. Dinner tickets may also be reserved online at https://friendsofnra.org/eventtickets/Events/Details/12?eventId=54573

In order to host more guests we will again hold the dinner at the Windward Ballroom at the E-Club at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base Hawaii. That’s the complex just inside the main gate with Kahuna’s Grill as it’s prominent vendor. Please reserve your Sponsor and family, club, team or group tables early so we can accommodate everyone’s seating preferences in the new venue. Hopefully no one gets stuck on a wait list this year!

We will have a great buffet and wonderful door prizes, custom firearms and art, games, auctions, and more fun. We look forward to honoring the new HHSAA Sporter Air Rifle State Champions and JROTC Top Junior Shooters. Please help us continue to support our high school air rifle teams, JROTC, Wounded Warrior Air Rifle Rehabilitation Programs, 4-H and Scout shooting sports, public range construction, wildlife conservation, and firearms safety programs.

Please forward this announcement to your customers, club and team members, and other interested folks!

Mahalo,

Dawn R. Horn
Treasurer, Hawaii FNRA

zippz

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2017, 09:49:28 PM »
More banquet info and prize info.

zippz

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
I got my tickets, me and London808 will be sitting at the HRA table.  Anyone else going?

zippz

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 04:22:17 PM »
Harvey Gerwig, Pres of HRA, still has a few more tickets to sell for this weekends banquet.  If you do not have military base access, then you may have to catch a ride with someone that does.  Let us know if you need help.

London808

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 05:14:01 PM »
Harvey Gerwig, Pres of HRA, still has a few more tickets to sell for this weekends banquet.  If you do not have military base access, then you may have to catch a ride with someone that does.  Let us know if you need help.

Yep willing to give people a ride if needed.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

zippz

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:01 AM »
Friends of the NRA is looking for auction and raffle donations.  They're running short because of the downturn at the gun stores this year.

I donated a Magpul Rem700 S/A stock w/magwell and a bunch of Mountain House dehydrated food kits.  Bid on them at the banquet this sunday.

They still have a couple tables worth of seats if you still want to go, but they won't be able to get you a milittary base pass for your car, so you have to arrange for transportation.

zippz

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 08:00:19 PM »
Some pics from the Friends of the NRA a couple weeks ago.

It was at the MCBH Enlisted Club again like last year.  Nearly sold out with about 300 attendees.  HS air rifle teams, politicians, firearms business owners, club officers, and 2a supporters.

Funds from the event go towards Junior shooting programs, range development, and firearms safety programs

The event is run by the Friends of the NRA and junior shooting team volunteers.

The "Wall of Guns" is always a popular event.  They cut a deck of playing cards in half and give you half, and throw the other half into a bucket drawing.  Winners get to choose a gun from the wall.   You also get to chat with these two happy volunteers.

The "Red Bucket" drawing.  You get red tickets if you buy a set of raffle books.  5 winners got to take a gun home.

And the higher level "Gold Bucket" drawing.

Live auction items

More live auction stuff.  Someone took home a Cowboy set with a bullwhip for $350.  Also a fiddle from some famous singer, not sure who it was.

Big item for the night was the Cobalt Kinetics rifle, a $2,500 rifle won for $1,600.  Donated by Security Equipment Corp.

Raffle drawings and FNRA Banquet achievement banners.  Hawaii seems to have the most successful program in the nation.

Rep Sam Kong attended his first FNRA banquet, my rep and 2a supporter from Aiea.

Lots of Air Rifles awarded to the kids.

A gaggle of of 2a supporters. 

All of the items for auction and raffle were donated by local and mainland businesses and clubs.  Give them your support.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:06:56 PM by zippz »

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2017, 09:31:53 AM »
Maybe the wife and I will go next year.

Rocky

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 10:07:33 AM »
Gave the trip to my Brother -in law as a retirement gift.  :love:
He went last year with his bro and 2 friends.
23 trophies between them. He should get them soon
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 10:57:40 AM »
I went a couple years ago. It was great.
This year my friend won a RIA 45 auto
What, Me Worry?