Democrat 2020 Presidential Primary Herd begins to Thin .... (Read 1736 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Eric Swalwell drops out of 2020 Dem presidential primary

California Rep. Eric Swalwell on Monday dropped out of the race for his party’s presidential nomination,
becoming the first of what's expected to be many Democrats to give up their presidential aspirations as
the crowded field winnows down.

Swalwell, who in recent polls failed to garner even one percent among primary and caucus voters, said

he was abandoning his presidential run in favor of focusing on getting reelected to House of Representatives.

“Being honest with ourselves, we had to look at how much money we were raising and where we were in the polls,”
Swalwell said during a news conference at a union hall in Dublin, Calif. “We have to be honest about our candidacy.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep-eric-swalwell-drops-out-of-democratic-presidential-primary

Funny how "honest" and "Swalwell" are not two terms I ever think of together.

The bad news is, he didn't have to resign from Congress to declare he would be spending all of his time campaigning for President while taxpayers continue paying him a salary. 
That really needs to change.  State office holders in Hawaii have to resign to run for Governor.  Federal office holders should have to do the same.  If they lose, they can run for office again next cycle.  Public office should have never become a lifetime employment opportunity.  TERM LIMITS FOR CONGRESS!!
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

Re: Democrat 2020 Presidential Primary Herd begins to Thin ....
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 09:13:02 PM »
i read that some dem is going to announce soon

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 12:34:12 AM »
i read that some dem is going to announce soon

.... according to unnamed sources? 
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 10:17:46 AM »
yeah
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/billionaire-activist-tom-steyer-enters-2020-presidential-contest/story?id=64213865

Sounds like he needs to work on his timing. 

He spends tons of money on "Impeach Trump" and "Climate Change" groups in the multiple-millions of dollars.  Sometimes I wonder if money makes people stupid.  They were smart enough to make the money, but not smart enough to support the fundamental values that made their wealth accumulation possible.

The former hedge fund investor joins the crowded field with only one week before the qualifying deadline for
the second Democratic debates in Detroit at the end of this month. To land on a debate stage, he will need to
cross the 65,000 donor mark or garner 1 percent in at least three polls, but both appear unlikely in such a
short time frame.

Even if he accumulates 65,000 donors, Steyer would be the 21st candidate to qualify and likely be edged out
by the 20 other candidates who have secured a spot through polling, according to the Democratic National
Committee's tiebreaker rules.
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 08:58:48 PM »
More Dems dropped out officially in the last few weeks.

Kirsten Gillibrand officially quit today.

So far in August, these candidates also suspended their campaigns:

Mike Gravel
John Hickenlooper
Jay Inslee
Seth Moulton

If you haven't heard their names before, don't sweat it.  Apparently no one has -- explaining why they had to quit!   :rofl:

Also, Tulsi Gabbard is being blocked from the next primary debate.  She didn't get a high enough polling based on DNC-selected polls.  Nothing shady with that list of polls, I'm sure.

-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 06:15:41 AM »
More Dems dropped out officially in the last few weeks.

Kirsten Gillibrand officially quit today.

So far in August, these candidates also suspended their campaigns:

Mike Gravel
John Hickenlooper
Jay Inslee
Seth Moulton

If you haven't heard their names before, don't sweat it.  Apparently no one has -- explaining why they had to quit!   :rofl:

Also, Tulsi Gabbard is being blocked from the next primary debate.  She didn't get a high enough polling based on DNC-selected polls.  Nothing shady with that list of polls, I'm sure.
Tulsi's endlessly complaining about the "lack of transparency" re what the "rules" are for qualifying for the debate and how those rules were established and by whom. Oh, really? "Lack of transparency"? You mean like how someone can call her office weekly for months asking about how she is going to vote on an upcoming bill and why, and get the answer "She hasn't decided yet" over and over including on the day of the vote and then she votes how we all knew she would vote all along (take away more of our Second Amendment-protected rights)? Fucking hypocrite.