Plastic straws illegal in CA (Read 10227 times)

RSN172

Re: Plastic straws illegal in CA
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 11:59:55 AM »
Hoping that Southwest coming here will drive the rates back down.
I hope so too.  I have Pualani Gold so I get a 50% bonus on miles added per segment,  and I like HA service and on time record but if SW is much cheaper, then $ talks.  Getting back to the topic, should I dump my straws in CA?  Will I get arrested if they find all those banned straws in my suitcase?  I already will be driving through CA with a non CA compliant G19.

6716J

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2019, 12:03:47 PM »
I hope so too.  I have Pualani Gold so I get a 50% bonus on miles added per segment,  and I like HA service and on time record but if SW is much cheaper, then $ talks.  Getting back to the topic, should I dump my straws in CA?  Will I get arrested if they find all those banned straws in my suitcase?  I already will be driving through CA with a non CA compliant G19.

Stop at all the Starbucks along the way and put a handful out on the counter with a post-it saying "FREE High Capacity Liquid Suction Devices"
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

RSN172

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 12:15:10 PM »
Doing some research, you have to ask for a plastic straw.  They cannot just give you one or have them available to take in CA.  You can still get one with your drink if you ask.

6716J

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2019, 11:11:36 AM »

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.