Pilot program: ordering ammo online & home delivery to Oahu (Read 20515 times)

KaleoArms

Pilot program: ordering ammo online & home delivery to Oahu
« on: November 23, 2018, 11:38:29 PM »
Edited to simplify.

We collect ammunition requests from the 1st to the 7th of odd numbered months (January, March, May, July, September, November). 
A list of commonly requested ammunition calibers/brands/bullet grain weights etc is posted online a few days before the pallet request window begins.  Most pallets are typically half from this list and half other requests.  We are happy to quote prices for any ammo not on the posted list.
When the pallet arrives at the port in Honolulu we arrange for local delivery direct to you. 
As always, ammunition purchases are limited to persons who are not prohibited by law from purchasing or possessing etc ammunition.  Our in-person delivery system does verify age eligibility.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 09:12:08 PM by KaleoArms »
http://www.kaleoarms.com/hawaii-ammunition
Ammunition to Hawaii
Reloading brass

rklapp

Re: Pilot program: ordering ammo online & home delivery to Oahu
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2018, 12:12:50 AM »
Very cool. Capitalism at it's finest.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

zhuzhits

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 11:41:11 AM »
Wow, good prices. I'll be off island in the delivery time frame, Otherwise I would order. I will keep checking back for next time. Thanks for doing this. :shaka:

dwela

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:17:27 AM »
Will you be expanding ti include other islands?

oldfart

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
Good idea :thumbsup:

Can get extra sauce and napkins too? :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Heavies

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2018, 11:44:27 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KaleoArms

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 02:00:03 PM »
Will you be expanding ti include other islands?

That's the eventual goal.  The logistic hurdle for the neighbor islands is the final delivery from the port to end purchaser.  We have a network in place to get the ammo from the mainland to the neighbor islands (on a pallet), and we're in the process of finding that last delivery/courier leg.

This trial has logistically so far gone ok.  This trial inadvertently ended up being during the two busiest online shopping and subsequently shipping weeks so the boxes coming across the land to the port are running a couple days behind.  Most arrived at the port yesterday and are waiting for a few straggler boxes that for some reason or another took a different FedEx Ground path to the port.  Currently, the pallet is on track to ship ocean this week, and when it lands 4-5 days later, it will ship UPS ground the same day. 

mrgaf

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 02:01:35 PM »
Hello 2aHawaii community,

We are testing a new program that offers Oahu residents internet ordering of ammunition and home/office UPS delivery.   Ammunition ordered on our site (http://www.kaleoarms.com/hawaii-ammunition/) will be delivered to your Oahu address by UPS Ground (adult signature required).

The case will ship free.  The price listed (plus sales tax) is the price to your doorstep.

For this trial session, orders must be submitted by Monday November 26, 2018 @ 9pm HST. 
Estimated delivery is the week of December 10, 2018 (could be sooner depending on how the dock is).
Delivery updates will be provided along the way (Overland to Port, At Port, On Ship, Arrived Oahu, Tendered to UPS, and UPS tracking number).

The attached image is a list of the common calibers/brands currently available online.  They are caliber/brands that are either generally popular or were ones that we were asked to quote.  If you are looking for a particular ammunition (caliber or brand etc) that is not listed here, please send a PM, email us at customer.service@kaleoarms.com, or give us a call at 1-800-280-3317.  We will be happy to find/quote the ammo you are looking for to make the sailing.

At this time, we are only doing case quantities.

Would it be possible to get some gun club grade 12 ga target ammo?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

KaleoArms

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »
Would it be possible to get some gun club grade 12 ga target ammo?

No problem!  We are planning another pallet for mid-January to Oahu, and will likely start building that pallet in early January.  Feel free to email us what you're looking for (caliber/brand/type etc) and we'll go from there.  Thanks!

Edit: I got your email (will reply directly to that)
Ammunition to Hawaii
Reloading brass

blastoff747

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 12:44:10 AM »
No problem!  We are planning another pallet for mid-January to Oahu, and will likely start building that pallet in early January.  Feel free to email us what you're looking for (caliber/brand/type etc) and we'll go from there.  Thanks!

:shaka: for this service.  Too bad it was during the holidays, I was only able to buy a few cases.  If you have one when tax returns come in watch out  :geekdanc:.   :thumbsup:

mrgaf

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 10:52:35 AM »

Thanks... standing by....
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

blastoff747

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 12:48:03 AM »
 :thumbsup:  Received delivery today.  Used liveview on ups site to follow delivery to make sure I was home.  Packed well and secured tightly.

jaynick

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2018, 12:35:54 PM »
Got mine. :shaka:
besides having to be home to sign for it, i like this convenient setup. Id also be interested in picking it up at the port/storefront/wherever to get it even cheaper and avoid having to be home.
My heavy boxes get smashed by ups half the time and they come anywhere from 2-8pm so picking it up myself would be fine by me.

KaleoArms

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 04:12:32 PM »
Evaluating this first pilot, we're thinking of adjusting delivery options.  We went with UPS because their regulations allow intra-Oahu small cartridge delivery (FedEx doesn't), because most people usually trust the established big three of shipping (UPS, FedEx, and USPS) to come to their homes etc, and because UPS has a very good tracking and accountability system.  The adult signature is a hassle for all (and actually an expensive service), but the value of the packages and its contents pretty much necessitated it. 

In future pallets, we are leaning towards offering two options for delivery.  Before the first pallet, we looked to see if any there are any courier services that could do the delivery, but several refused because "guns..." and most were just astronomically priced.  So, we are thinking of essentially becoming our own private courier (like how pizza delivery works) and also offer a UPS option as an addon.

Gordyf

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 06:35:13 PM »
Have you looked at Aala Ship Service, (Ship to Hawaii.com)
They are conveniently located at Pier 32 or 33, no credentials to access their facility and they  advertise that they do "hazardous" material.
Well established in the waterfront and local freight community.
Just a suggestion
Aloha
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:23:20 PM by Gordyf »
Aloha
Gordy

KaleoArms

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 09:15:49 PM »
Have you looked at Aala Ship Service, (Ship to Hawaii.com)
They are conveniently located at Pier 32 or 33, no credentials to access their facility and they  advertise that they do "hazardous" material.
Well established in the waterfront and local freight community.
Just a suggestion
Aloha

I heard good things about them too.  When I inquired with Ship to Hawaii last month, they said they don't ship ammunition. 
Ammunition to Hawaii
Reloading brass

Gordyf

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2018, 06:54:40 PM »
Might be worth a visit.
Don't have a name to call but...
They are a big player in the waterfront.
A one on one over lunch may be productive.
Full disclosure... I do not represent them, but have had extensive dealings with them over many years. All Good.
I think that they are interested in making a legal buck
Aloha
Gordy
Aloha
Gordy

KaleoArms

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2019, 04:02:35 AM »
Updated the original post with the Jan 2019 pallet info.

rpoL98

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2019, 11:31:01 AM »
got mine today.  Kaleo delivery, terrific!
 :thumbsup:

Heavies

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2019, 04:04:28 PM »
Got mine.  Thank you VERY much!