Warrior Dash (Read 9414 times)

FATMANWA

Warrior Dash
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:40:51 AM »
If anyone is interested in doing the Warrior Dash in Feb, buy on monday. All races will be $35, ALL RACES!!! If you do not know what the Warrior Dash is, it is a 5k obstacle race. It is easier than the Spartan Race that happened a few months back as it does not involve any hills (at least here in Hawaii it dosent). Wife and I will be there and a bunch of guys from work. Hope to see others out there!

WTF?Shane

Re: Warrior Dash
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:29:37 PM »
Looks interesting. Where did you read $35 admission?

http://warriordash.com/location/2014-warrior-dash-hawaii/

Pizzo

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 02:36:08 PM »

I believe it's the "Cyber Monday" deal, but you have to do it super early before they run out.

They're only allowed to sell so many at that price and once they're gone....it's over! I bought mine last year the same way, it's a killer deal!!  :thumbsup:

FATMANWA

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »

I got an email telling me about it from the company.
I believe it's the "Cyber Monday" deal, but you have to do it super early before they run out.

They're only allowed to sell so many at that price and once they're gone....it's over! I bought mine last year the same way, it's a killer deal!!  :thumbsup:

Guess I will stay up late to buy it.

FATMANWA

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »
Site has crashed  >:(

Pizzo

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 01:47:56 PM »
I got my tickets this morning.

Looks like I get to play in the mud again!  :thumbsup:

FATMANWA

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 04:51:33 PM »
Got mine too this morning, 1100 wave.

Pizzo

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
Got mine too this morning, 1100 wave.
Right on, I got the 10:45 slot!

FATMANWA

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »
Right on, I got the 10:45 slot!

Might have to buy a 2a shirt to stand out, meet some of you guys.

FATMANWA

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Everyone getting ready for this? Ran 4 miles in 50 the other day, so I am hoping to improve from my last Warrior Dash time of 44:13. Wife wants to dress in costume for some silly reason, not sure what yet though.

jonjon

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 10:46:27 AM »
Holly Crap?!?!?!? only 9 more days till the race  :shake:

Better start training tomorrow  :crazy:

Pizzo

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »
Everyone getting ready for this? Ran 4 miles in 50 the other day, so I am hoping to improve from my last Warrior Dash time of 44:13. Wife wants to dress in costume for some silly reason, not sure what yet though.
I haven't really been "training" for it but my 2 mile time is 15 min, so maybe my 4 mile time would be around 30-40 minutes. Of course the mud pits and obstacles should make for a fun distraction and slow me down a bit!  ;D

Ya, my groups "signficant others" have all been upto something lately...pretty sure they're making some god awful costumes for us guys to wear!

Should be interesting, I just hope I can come out of it with a lil dignity intact...lol!!  :o :rofl:

FATMANWA

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 07:32:33 AM »
I haven't really been "training" for it but my 2 mile time is 15 min, so maybe my 4 mile time would be around 30-40 minutes. Of course the mud pits and obstacles should make for a fun distraction and slow me down a bit!  ;D

Ya, my groups "signficant others" have all been upto something lately...pretty sure they're making some god awful costumes for us guys to wear!

Should be interesting, I just hope I can come out of it with a lil dignity intact...lol!!  :o :rofl:
:thumbsup: 

jonjon

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2014, 07:06:20 AM »
So how did you guys do?

I ran in the 8am competitive wave, came in 6th and qualified for the Warrior Dash World Championships.

Not bad for one week of training  :shaka:

GreenStomper

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 08:53:11 AM »
You sir, are a machine.  :worship:
God, guns, and guts made America. Let's keep all three!

FATMANWA

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 04:06:30 PM »
So how did you guys do?

I ran in the 8am competitive wave, came in 6th and qualified for the Warrior Dash World Championships.

Not bad for one week of training  :shaka:

Did worse than my first time, around 50 min, legs were really stiff and I couldn't  keep running, Probably cause I am not used to running in grass and crowds. Had a great time as usual though. I didn't realize that not all waves were timed, so wife was a little bummed out. Luckily my buddy had a watch to time us.

jonjon

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 06:37:13 PM »

Did worse than my first time, around 50 min, legs were really stiff and I couldn't  keep running, Probably cause I am not used to running in grass and crowds. Had a great time as usual though. I didn't realize that not all waves were timed, so wife was a little bummed out. Luckily my buddy had a watch to time us.

They didn't time any of the heats, they just took the names of the first 25 finishers. Also they had no power for the clocks they had on the course  :wtf: For the price of the entry fee they should automatically have timing chips included.

Well, next up is the Spartan Race in March and the Warrior Dash was my official start to training for the Spartan  :shaka:

FATMANWA

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 07:12:36 AM »
They didn't time any of the heats, they just took the names of the first 25 finishers. Also they had no power for the clocks they had on the course  :wtf: For the price of the entry fee they should automatically have timing chips included.

Well, next up is the Spartan Race in March and the Warrior Dash was my official start to training for the Spartan  :shaka:

Weird, they had timing chips the first year I went, and you had to turn those in to get your free beer. Maybe their shipment didnt come in or something. When I got home I opened my free t shirt to find out they gave me a girls shirt! Dont know how that happened since they had seperate lines for male and femal.

CSaladino

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 11:12:42 PM »
Hawaii warrior dash is boring!  Not as crazy as the mainland courses!  I finished the course in 45 mins!  They also mentioned that we would gove a free turkey leg with entry!  They lied no free turkey leg! 

jonjon

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »
Hawaii warrior dash is boring!  Not as crazy as the mainland courses!  I finished the course in 45 mins!  They also mentioned that we would gove a free turkey leg with entry!  They lied no free turkey leg!

Spartan Race in August - definitely not boring  :shaka: