Black Friday Sales - 2019 (Read 10507 times)

drck1000

Re: Black Friday Sales - 2019
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »
Mechanix 30% off site wide (I don’t recall who was looking for shooting gloves)

Surefire just posted Cyber Mon sales.

rustyeleio

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2019, 09:57:03 AM »
Sorry, Mechanix sale posted earlier.  Deleting.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:16:13 AM by rustyeleio »

zhuzhits

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2019, 09:35:51 PM »
Company policy does not a national holiday make.   :geekdanc:

Many companies give employees a choice.  Mine used to have the policy you can either take off the day after Thanksgiving or use it for Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve.    Those days usually wound up being half days, or at least early release, for those who showed up, so productivity was minimal.

In fact, with the number of people we hired who don't celebrate US holidays, our company allowed us to "bank" our holidays and take them on any other day we wished.  We had to take off the alternate "holiday" in the same fiscal year, and there had to be a (loose) significance to the date: someone's birthday, an anniversary, a holiday from your former country of residence/religious beliefs, etc.

Since we could do much of our work from home, we'd record hours worked on the skipped holiday without needing to go to the office (since it was closed).

Regardless, "Black Friday" and what it represents is not the reason for the day off on anyone's holiday policy.  It's simply making Thanksgiving a 2-day Holiday, mainly because so many people take leave that day anyway to get a 4-day weekend.

Huh??? This is a deal thread! Too many words, too few deals!

https://palmettostatearmory.com/magpul-gen-2-mbus-front-rear-back-up-sight-set.html?avad=211021_a18002975&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl

$52 and some change with free shipping!

changemyoil66

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2019, 02:26:11 PM »
AR500 Armor has been doing more marketing about their lead times.  Guess people were upset that they ordered with the lead time 6-10 weeks and it's going on week 14+.  Then they changed their lead times to 8-12 weeks.  But people saying it's been past that also.  MAny are posting in their comments section during their black friday deal asking how can they offer more, when they can't even meet their current orders.  They were not letting their customers know either, unless they called.

I can't see myself waiting 12 weeks for something.  Which is why I ordered from Spartan Armor.  Their lead time IIRC was 4 weeks or less.  And if it was 12 weeks, no one was commenting on how it was going way past that.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2019, 04:14:38 PM »
AR500 Armor has been doing more marketing about their lead times.  Guess people were upset that they ordered with the lead time 6-10 weeks and it's going on week 14+.  Then they changed their lead times to 8-12 weeks.  But people saying it's been past that also.  MAny are posting in their comments section during their black friday deal asking how can they offer more, when they can't even meet their current orders.  They were not letting their customers know either, unless they called.

I can't see myself waiting 12 weeks for something.  Which is why I ordered from Spartan Armor.  Their lead time IIRC was 4 weeks or less.  And if it was 12 weeks, no one was commenting on how it was going way past that.

We waited 8 years for Obama to leave office.

12 weeks is nothing.   :wave:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »
We waited 8 years for Obama to leave office.

12 weeks is nothing.   :wave:
Touche

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk