Trump signs Executive Order for First Annual Purge Night: Nov 1, 2018 (Read 9690 times)

drck1000

Re: Trump signs Executive Order for First Annual Purge Night: Nov 1, 2018
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2018, 01:59:40 PM »
I think Costco would be over kill, isn't the purge only 24 hours?  So no need scavenge either.  Best bet would be to make a guillie suit and lay down in the bush for 24 hours.  Or better yet, buy lots of ammo and just randomly shoot our your window and doors.  Pretty sure criminals won't attempt to fight and would rather have a softer target.  Suppressing fire.
I didn't look into the details of the purge.  I just viewed it as a state of anarchy and one needing to defend one's self.  That said, IF this were to go down and anarchy sets in, is it realistic that things would get back under control after the 24 hour window?  Maybe, maybe not.  Then again, this is supposed to be a fun exercise in what ifs, so what if. . .

PeaShooter

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2018, 03:11:52 PM »
If you guys leave your houses though you might not have one when you return. Not sure what the exact rules of the purge are.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2018, 03:18:27 PM »
If you guys leave your houses though you might not have one when you return. Not sure what the exact rules of the purge are.

If you mean the house will be gone, that's what insurance is for.

If you mean there will be people living there you didn't invite, laws will be reinstated when purge night ends.  Call the Cops.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

London808

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2018, 03:19:35 PM »
I didn't look into the details of the purge.  I just viewed it as a state of anarchy and one needing to defend one's self.  That said, IF this were to go down and anarchy sets in, is it realistic that things would get back under control after the 24 hour window?  Maybe, maybe not.  Then again, this is supposed to be a fun exercise in what ifs, so what if. . .

The purge runs from sunset to sun rise (12 hours) one day a year. during this time there is no law.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2018, 03:25:10 PM »
The Purge is a 12 hour period from 7pm to 7am during which all previously criminal activity is now legal. 
The emergency services (police, EMTs, etc.) are suspended.  The only exceptions are that government officials of “rank 10 or higher” cannot be harmed
and you can only use weapons below “Class 4”.  This rules out WMD. 

People who don’t follow the rules of the Purge are executed. 

The Purge is supposed to be a cathartic experience for the citizens of the USA, allowing them to vent any aggression and frustration they might have on that one night. 

As a result, the rest of the year they would be relatively calm.

-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »
Or go home at 658 and no need call the cops.

Didnt know gov officals lvl10 are exempt.
If you mean the house will be gone, that's what insurance is for.

If you mean there will be people living there you didn't invite, laws will be reinstated when purge night ends.  Call the Cops.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
7 am to 7 pm and everything returns to normal? The stay at home and hunker down and wait it out. I’d likely get together with at least one good friend on my floor, but hopefully the whole floor. Not as many points of entry to defend.

I’d choose a friend’s house if any had a more robust structure. That said, like mentioned above, if you demonstrate that you’re ready and willing to defend property, I’d expect potential aggressors to move on. But what if you encounter a larger mob that is intent on razing everything? I’d want a building with concrete or masonry walls.

The boat idea is interesting. I’d want it to be decently fast to avoid some other boats and maybe range to go far out to sea and stay away for the 12 hours.

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2018, 05:37:31 PM »
7 am to 7 pm and everything returns to normal? The stay at home and hunker down and wait it out. I’d likely get together with at least one good friend on my floor, but hopefully the whole floor. Not as many points of entry to defend.

I’d choose a friend’s house if any had a more robust structure. That said, like mentioned above, if you demonstrate that you’re ready and willing to defend property, I’d expect potential aggressors to move on. But what if you encounter a larger mob that is intent on razing everything? I’d want a building with concrete or masonry walls.

The boat idea is interesting. I’d want it to be decently fast to avoid some other boats and maybe range to go far out to sea and stay away for the 12 hours.
Never saw the movie, but i dont expect even a mob to stay and fight. Unless u have something they really want (millions in cash, gold, etc). So once u start sending hundreds of rounds toward them, most would move on toward someone who isnt as ready.

If there is no law, i have no problem sending rounds their way. Armed or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

PeaShooter

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
I figured that insurance might not apply to purge. Hawaii cops might all die next morning.

The Purge is supposed to be a cathartic experience for the citizens of the USA, allowing them to vent any aggression and frustration they might have on that one night. As a result, the rest of the year they would be relatively calm.
That's an idiotic reason oh well. I thought it was to kill homeless or weak people or something.

hvybarrels

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »
I’d leave the country. There are way too many people who are far better at gunfighting than I will ever be, but even if that weren’t the case arsonists would ruin it for everyone. Gotta make money the other 364 days and that’s not possible if half the town is smoking ruins.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2018, 11:48:30 PM »
I’d leave the country. There are way too many people who are far better at gunfighting than I will ever be, but even if that weren’t the case arsonists would ruin it for everyone. Gotta make money the other 364 days and that’s not possible if half the town is smoking ruins.

I don't remember cities burning in the Purge movies I watched. I think the premise is more one of targeted crimes against individuals or families versus total mayhem and destruction of public and private property.  it's one of those unanswered questions from the movies.  What would stop arsonists from burning cities and national forests? Does the fire need to be put out by 7AM when the purge night ends?  Maybe all crimes must be completed by 7AM or face criminal prosecution??   :wacko:
-- Melvin Udall

Tom_G

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2018, 10:08:59 AM »
Festival! Festival! Festival!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Flapp_Jackson

-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2018, 01:39:45 PM »
you are not of the body

you will be obliterated

it is the will of landru trump
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2018, 03:06:52 PM »
you are not of the body

you will be obliterated

it is the will of landru trump

** obliterated --> absorbed
-- Melvin Udall

oldfart

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2018, 03:15:32 PM »
** obliterated --> absorbed
=========
 I just watched the final scene where spock and kirk confront the image of landru.
 Landru threaten them with obliteration. Because they were just being a pain in the a--

one of my favorite episodes from my vod collection
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »
=========
 I just watched the final scene where spock and kirk confront the image of landru.
 Landru threaten them with obliteration. Because they were just being a pain in the a--

one of my favorite episodes from my vod collection

-- Melvin Udall