See the Red Dot EVERY Time (Read 1168 times)

macsak

See the Red Dot EVERY Time
« on: April 13, 2023, 12:09:19 PM »

changemyoil66

Re: See the Red Dot EVERY Time
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2023, 12:51:01 PM »
Focus'd

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2023, 09:23:14 AM »
Got to watch the vid.  John explains that he had 1 student want to remove the red dot because he had an issue finding the dot.  John mentions that it's his draw that is causing the issue.  IMO it's majority that, but I'll bet the student doesn't practice.  Even a shitty draw, you can learn to find the dot quickly.  I mean, not John quick, but find the dot at a normal amount of time, not take so long that you want to ditch it entirely.

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2023, 10:18:45 AM »
The centerline method he mentions works well, at least for me.  Variation in that I have the front sight "up" at the "marry" point and within the lower periphery of sight, higher than WP was demo'ing.  That said, the variations in draws, like the Charlie's Angels makes dot acquisition WAY tougher.  I've seen some folks that are super fast and proficient with the scoop and variations. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2023, 10:29:08 AM »
The centerline method he mentions works well, at least for me.  Variation in that I have the front sight "up" at the "marry" point and within the lower periphery of sight, higher than WP was demo'ing.  That said, the variations in draws, like the Charlie's Angels makes dot acquisition WAY tougher.  I've seen some folks that are super fast and proficient with the scoop and variations.

For my draw, I kind of do it like how the student does, but instead of my gun being canted to the left when it's at armpit level, mine is more straight and toward what I'm going to shoot at (the target).  But my draw is more mechanical.  Step 1, step 2, step 3, etc.. I mean it looks like 1 motion though. Cause sometimes I practice just certain steps.