PSA at Kokohead (Read 2372 times)

ren

PSA at Kokohead
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:18:41 AM »
When the ROs tell you to stand behind the yellow line during a ceasefire do so! There's not enough ROs so if you see something wrong say something. :thumbsup:

The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall.
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

Re: PSA at Kokohead
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 11:05:36 AM »
When the ROs tell you to stand behind the yellow line during a ceasefire do so! There's not enough ROs so if you see something wrong say something. :thumbsup:

I sense a story behind this PSA. 
Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 02:02:51 PM »

John has a long mustache.  ;)
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

takeiteasy

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 03:32:24 PM »
I felt like a ass when called out..  safety means following the RO.   Do it.   We win :shaka:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 03:38:57 PM by takeiteasy »

macsak

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 04:08:25 PM »
I felt like a ass when called out..  safety means following the RO.   Do it.   We win :shaka:

it's part of the initiation process...

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 04:38:55 PM »
it's part of the initiation process...
Anyone who hasn't been yelled at by Sai (sp?) has missed out on a big part of the KHSC experience. . .

Half joking, but half serious. . .

aieahound

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 07:00:14 PM »
I got yelled at by Sai regarding yellow line in my rookie year.
Never did it again and warn anyone who comes with me to try shooting of the seriousness.
PTSD getting yelled at by Sai. (Going with spelling above.)
But worth it and glad he was there and miss his voice.

And yeah Ren what’s the story behind the post?
We know there’s a story.

drck1000

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2021, 07:08:06 PM »
I’ve never been yelled at by Sai.  Though I was there when he came close to killing someone.  Exaggeration, but not by much.  There was one of those “I know everything about firearms from (insert reason)” know it all types that decided to not only uncashed a firearm behind the line, but took it out of the case and flagged pretty much the entire side of the rifle line benches.  Sai went absolutely apoplectic (a word I picked up from watching videos about Hitler). I really did fear for that fool’s life. 

DocMercy

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 07:24:35 AM »

There are times when there are not enough chairs available. Like when you are watching a purdy female competitor with great form, shooting on the line.  :love: I mean, she has a steady hand, and excellent aim. No other thoughts crossed my mind. Ahem.

Inspector

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 08:40:31 AM »
Anyone who hasn't been yelled at by Sai (sp?) has missed out on a big part of the KHSC experience. . .

Half joking, but half serious. . .
The one and only time my wife came with me to KHSC she got yelled at by Sol!!!! 😂
AZ MASS ELECTION FRAUD OCCURRED!!! - IT HAS BEEN PROVEN!!!
2A HAWAII FORUM VIRUS - OMNICRON VARIANT

QUIETShooter

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 01:13:22 PM »

I sense a story behind this PSA. 

I'll take a guess at it:

The idiot wanted to sit down.  So during the cease fire period he went to sit down on one of the rifle benches.......
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

rustyeleio

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 11:26:35 AM »
 :shake: I too got a tongue lashing from Sai for uncasing my rifle facing the wrong way and I witnessed an really old man get yelled at for the same reason.  I appreciate it more now than I did then... :rofl:  I will never, ever forget that lesson so I guess there was a method to his madness.  I did feel really bad for the old guy because that was pretty brutal.

:thumbsup:

QUIETShooter

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 11:43:02 AM »
Who is this "Sai" guy?  He still at KHSC?  Anybody get pictcha? 

He seems like an older gentleman.  But all the RSO's are old.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

changemyoil66

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 11:51:59 AM »
:shake: I too got a tongue lashing from Sai for uncasing my rifle facing the wrong way and I witnessed an really old man get yelled at for the same reason.  I appreciate it more now than I did then... :rofl:  I will never, ever forget that lesson so I guess there was a method to his madness.  I did feel really bad for the old guy because that was pretty brutal.

:thumbsup:

Ive seen this happen twice and each time the guys responded "it's not loaded". Then RO replied "how does anyone else know it's not loaded".  Then they proceeded to lock the bolt back, as required when benching a rifle.  Only to have a round extract.  Each time were military guys.

aieahound

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 12:10:10 PM »
Ive seen this happen twice and each time the guys responded "it's not loaded". Then RO replied "how does anyone else know it's not loaded".  Then they proceeded to lock the bolt back, as required when benching a rifle.  Only to have a round extract.

That would trip me out.
Bring a hot gun to the range… :wtf:….and sweep the muzzle.

And Sai is a legend. Voice of Command. No Nonsense. Had a Loud Ass Speaker so you shriveled as he spoke to you. Never saw anything that wasn’t deserved, including on my own ass.
And nice guy.

drck1000

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 12:19:50 PM »
"Sometimes lessons are best learned the hard way" - Someone who learned lessons the hard way (me included)

I recall a number of times that Sai yelled at folks.  Did he take it too far?  Maybe to some, but I also take safety very seriously, so not to me.  Why folks, typically the "I've been shooting all my life" or "I'm a weapons expert" types want to argue against clearly posted rules, is beyond me and when I have zero problems them getting yelled at.

The old guy one is one maybe different.  I've taken my dad a bunch of times and I generally handled the casing and uncasing.  That said, there were times when his muzzle discipline did wander a bit when shooting pistols, but nothing unsafe.  As long as said old guy wasn't one of the types noted above.  No excuse for "I wasn't aware", but different than those that think they know and disregard safety. 

drck1000

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 12:26:49 PM »
Who is this "Sai" guy?  He still at KHSC?  Anybody get pictcha? 

He seems like an older gentleman.  But all the RSO's are old.
I don't have one.  Best I can remember, think of a really asian Robert Kekaula. 

I do recall talking story with him here and there.  Really nice guy.

Most of the current ROs are cool.  Some tend to want to try to be more helpful at times.  Personally, I just want to be left alone.  Not that I know it all, but I'm usually there for a purpose.  Yeah, free to talk story, check out my guns, etc.  But if I want help, I'll ask.  There are some that have come to my bench and want to offer help.  Well, other than Slick who just comes by to bug me anyways.   :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 12:27:24 PM »
IDK who Sai is.

All are old

Fat, Japanese looking guy

Filiino guy with thick accent

Guy missing some digits with white hair. usually feeding the chickes/birds

Taller Asian mix guy, usually on the mic

Then there's uncle sitting outside the mens restroom with cigar and puko shirt.

This is for rifle side only.  Usually the flip mano helps us when needed. He taught me about bore sighting.

drck1000

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 12:35:58 PM »
IDK who Sai is.

All are old

1) Fat, Japanese looking guy

2) Filiino guy with thick accent

Guy missing some digits with white hair. usually feeding the chickes/birds

Taller Asian mix guy, usually on the mic

Then there's uncle sitting outside the mens restroom with cigar and puko shirt.

This is for rifle side only.  Usually the flip mano helps us when needed. He taught me about bore sighting.
1) Moustache and shorter than others?  If so, he not THAT fat. 

2) Slick.  Be careful if he gives you the secret handshake. 

Anyone remember the flare day?   :shake:

raudi

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2021, 01:07:58 PM »
1) Moustache and shorter than others?  If so, he not THAT fat. 

2) Slick.  Be careful if he gives you the secret handshake. 

Anyone remember the flare day?   :shake:

Flare day, when the young asian RSO shot a flare into the berm and set the hillside on fire?