Who's Shooting This Week? (Read 138717 times)

zippz

Re: Who's Shooting This Weekend?
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2018, 09:13:53 PM »
Now if there was a way to get something like this started at Pohakuloa.  Both army and Marine Corps use the range facility.  Cannot believe the ranges are all that crowded that civilians could not be accommodated.  No safety boats needed, etc.

I mean, geezus, you ever used Google Earth to see all the ranges they have there?

It's possible if there are military volunteers willing to do it.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Surf

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »
I'll be shooting a little bit tomorrow.  Sunday is family day.

zippz

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2018, 09:21:10 AM »
Nice day at Kbay.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Lihikai

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »
Is that R1?

mrgaf

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2018, 11:28:47 AM »
sprained my ankle, so i'll be staying home reloading some .44magnum.  getting ready for the next time.   :shaka:

Get well!  :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

zippz

« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2018, 12:04:47 PM »
Kbay range cut short due to thunderstorms on the way.

Inspector

« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2018, 07:48:56 PM »
Go shoot with Inspector's crew.  Even in a wheelchair, you'd be about the right "speed".   ;D

Just kidding Inspector.  Well, mostly.   :P
Well, you're enabling others to enjoy shooting, so  :thumbsup:

When I used to RSO at SRGC, I often would be able to shoot near the end of the range day.  Even here and there when members would "insist" I try their new (insert firearm).
You said you are just kidding but you don't know how close to the truth you really are.  :shake: :shake: :shake:

I had to work all day today. Got soaked and left when the lightning started. I have too many chores I couldn't get done today so I'll have to do them Sunday. Which means no burning powder for me this weekend. At least I'll get some OT. I may be able to get an hour or so of reloading time in tomorrow.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

robtmc

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2018, 08:09:04 PM »
Nice day at Kbay.
Y'all make me miss Oahu.............

Just kidding.   :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2018, 03:32:56 AM »
Awesome day of shooting with awesome people. Love days like today where I can challenge myself to improve and share in the improvement of other like-minded folks. Reminds me why I love shooting and that there are awesome folks in Hawaii that support for those who are interested in become more proficient shooters. 

drck1000

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2018, 10:03:55 AM »
You said you are just kidding but you don't know how close to the truth you really are.  :shake: :shake: :shake:

I had to work all day today. Got soaked and left when the lightning started. I have too many chores I couldn't get done today so I'll have to do them Sunday. Which means no burning powder for me this weekend. At least I'll get some OT. I may be able to get an hour or so of reloading time in tomorrow.
Hope you can put that OT $$$ to good use! 

zippz

« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:53 AM »
Is that R1?

Its been a while since anyone shot at r1.  Target carriages had lots of spider webs on em.  Hopefully be able to add in the urban course next time.

Inspector

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2018, 11:53:59 AM »
Hope you can put that OT $$$ to good use!
Since my bills are almost all paid now I can start having a little extra spending money again. I thought they were all paid but another one just came in yesterday. It is $200. Not a huge amount but enough to put me back another few weeks.  >:(

On a positive note I am in my garage reloading some special ammo. :thumbsup:

mr. me 808

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2018, 11:59:27 AM »
Went to the pistol side at KHSC today after a long hiatus from shooting.  VERY rusty!  Had a near miss today.  Was shooting my ppq and a bullet got stuck in my barrel.  Fortunately for me it got stuck at the back end of the barrel so the next round wouldn’t chamber.  If it got stuck further down the barrel it could have been a VERY bad day!  Still need to investigate to figure out what happend.  I reload so I suspect a reloading error.  So for everyone who reloads or shoots for that matter, be safe out there.  For me this was a great lesson learned and a reminder that safety should always be at the forefront of my mind in every aspect of shooting.  Aloha!

dustoff003

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2018, 06:34:03 PM »
Since my bills are almost all paid now I can start having a little extra spending money again. I thought they were all paid but another one just came in yesterday. It is $200. Not a huge amount but enough to put me back another few weeks.  >:(

On a positive note I am in my garage reloading some special ammo. :thumbsup:

I think I know what you reloading/creating! Let me know how it comes out.

Inspector

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2018, 06:58:57 PM »
I think I know what you reloading/creating! Let me know how it comes out.
I had my short list of two cartridges to reload today. I wanted to reload the obsolete 7.62x39R and I wanted to reload the obsolete 7.55x53.5 Swiss for the first time. I started the first cartridge (7.62x39R) and the wife interrupted me for an hour or so. And just as I was finishing up the first cartridge (only 50 rounds) A very old friend from High School called. We have not talked for about 5 years. Right after I hung up another friend called. By the time I was done talking I no longer had time to start working on the Swiss cartridge.

I have all the components. I have done all the research. Having the time to get to it is the hard part. I'll try and get to it next weekend. On a positive note I think my reduced loads for the K31 7.5x55 Swiss may actually work. I have some research on that to do to verify this. I need to do some rifle and brass cleaning on top of all of this.

Bushido

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2018, 07:59:29 PM »
Kbay range cut short due to thunderstorms on the way.

Yup, just my luck right before my relay.

At least I got to see the range and what to expect. Looking forward to shooting there in some wind. The layout will do some some up/down drafts with the wind. Should be good learning experience.

Went to Koko Head this morning for short practice session. Was pretty empty.

Surf

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2018, 09:01:54 PM »
Awesome day of shooting with awesome people. Love days like today where I can challenge myself to improve and share in the improvement of other like-minded folks. Reminds me why I love shooting and that there are awesome folks in Hawaii that support for those who are interested in become more proficient shooters.
Great having you out as always and great time that followed!

Rhed

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2018, 10:12:06 PM »
Looks like you guys had fun. Anyone can go shoot there? Or gotta be military?

Teichi

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2018, 06:20:23 AM »
Looks like you guys had fun. Anyone can go shoot there? Or gotta be military?
Puuloa Rifle and Pistol Club is a military Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) organization chartered under Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS). All non-DOD participants need to be sponsored on base by a military member. All rifles or pistols need proof of military or HPD registration. Range 1 at Kaneohe has only 6 known distance firing points, the amount of shooters will be limited.

drck1000

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2018, 09:27:05 AM »
sprained my ankle, so i'll be staying home reloading some .44magnum.  getting ready for the next time.   :shaka:
Jinxed myself. . .

I tweaked my ankle just before the shooting class started.  It didn't bother me while were shooting, but last night, I guess I tweaked it again and could barely walk around the house until I iced it.  Damn, getting old sucks. . .

How's your ankle now?  Hope you got a lot of reloading done!