Gun safes looking for options. (Read 13059 times)

omnigun

Re: Gun safes looking for options.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2017, 09:40:18 AM »
Senetics near the closed Kmart in town also carries American Security.
Another thought, anyone have any experience with these?
https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/sporting/model-52/

Looks like if its easy to put together its easy to take apart! lol

mauiboi9

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 02:48:26 PM »
Thanks guys I'm on island so I'll call x-ring but headed to aloha lock and key

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im a recoil junkie

mauiboi9

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2017, 02:49:40 PM »
X-ring closed on mondays lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im a recoil junkie

Lawdawg71

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2017, 06:12:39 PM »
Westcoastsafes.com.  We got our Ft Knox from there but they have liberty, amsec, Browning and others to chose from. Shipping was about $800.

Pit808

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 08:36:06 PM »
You can change a keypad to a dial pretty easily.  My browning came with a SG keypad and I swapped it for a SG 6730.  I think my SG dial lock was about $70.  I would recommend a dial over keypad.  The SG keypad that came on my browning wouldn't always unlock on the 1st, 2nd or third time even with a fresh battery.  When I took out the keypad and looked at the little parts, the mechanism did not inspire confidence.  The dial lock was solid.
chitty chitty bang bang.......

mauiboi9

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 01:24:17 AM »
Westcoastsafes.com.  We got our Ft Knox from there but they have liberty, amsec, Browning and others to chose from. Shipping was about $800.

Ill try to give them a call todays the last day of their sale so maybe it was meant to be lol. Idk if ill have to contact pasha after to try to get a quote. Or idk if ill just go with the cannon thats here already and change out the keypad for a dial. Didnt get to make it to aloha key and safe. Traffic was bad and had other errands to run. I very much appreciate all the feed back ive been getting from you guys. I just wanna make sure i get the right thing. I dont plan or want to buy another safe. Wants this to be my one and done.
Im a recoil junkie

Lawdawg71

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 05:42:57 PM »
I was told by others before we bought our safe, to buy the biggest safe you can afford, and to buy the most steel you can afford.  Hope that helps.

changemyoil66

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2017, 09:49:33 AM »
2nd that Liberty safe monitoring device.  Works great.  Just a little hassle when you have more than one because you can only link one device per email address.  Still, great device.

Didn't know they make these. Ordering now.

Amazon won't ship to Hawaii.  Neither will Liberty direct.  I had to order direct from Deans Safe and pay $12 for shipping.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 01:39:40 PM by changemyoil66 »

808shooter

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2017, 01:43:05 PM »
 :geekdanc:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:43:50 AM by 808shooter »

changemyoil66

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2017, 01:53:03 PM »

mrgaf

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2017, 09:06:32 PM »
Looks like if its easy to put together its easy to take apart! lol

Hmmmmm not impressed especially with the back of the "cabinet". A good breaker bar and hammer, it would be an easy target. For that matter, unless you bolt it to the deck, two guys could just walk out with it and bust it up at a different location . Try that with a big tradional safe and you nuts would fall out 😜For about $300-400 more, you can get a real safe.  :shaka: :shaka: :crazy:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Drakiir84

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2017, 10:32:50 PM »
Aloha Overstock has one for 300.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

rklapp

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2017, 11:07:15 PM »
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

mauiboi9

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2017, 12:45:42 AM »
Thanks everyone for the input sorry i didnt update but i ended up picking up the safe from the guy that was moving.
Im a recoil junkie

changemyoil66

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2017, 09:07:48 AM »
Hmmmmm not impressed especially with the back of the "cabinet". A good breaker bar and hammer, it would be an easy target. For that matter, unless you bolt it to the deck, two guys could just walk out with it and bust it up at a different location . Try that with a big tradional safe and you nuts would fall out 😜For about $300-400 more, you can get a real safe.  :shaka: :shaka: :crazy:

The above is true, a security cabinet only takes minutes to open with the right tools.  But nothing can stop a determined burglar.  My friends 300lbs safe was cemented into the floor and they took the entire safe.  When you're at work for 8 hours, the burglars have all day to work on it.  That's why I also bought the safelert that lets me know if someone opens the door or bangs on the door.

He has a security cabinet the thief couldn't get into, but also has a guard squirl.

mrgaf

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 08:54:06 PM »
The above is true, a security cabinet only takes minutes to open with the right tools.  But nothing can stop a determined burglar.  My friends 300lbs safe was cemented into the floor and they took the entire safe.  When you're at work for 8 hours, the burglars have all day to work on it.  That's why I also bought the safelert that lets me know if someone opens the door or bangs on the door.

He has a security cabinet the thief couldn't get into, but also has a guard squirl.

YIKES :wtf:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.