CNN Hosts Forum With FL Reps/Sens (Read 2807 times)

drck1000

CNN Hosts Forum With FL Reps/Sens
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:07:37 PM »
Was watching a portion while working out after work. Was pleasantly surprised with some good discussion and suggestions from those that spoke. Also lots of frustration listening to much of the misinformation and the politicians seemingly playing to the crowd.

Anyone catch more of that? Missed the section where they had An NRA spokeswoman participate.

Drakiir84

Re: CNN Hosts Forum With FL Reps/Sens
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 07:02:58 PM »
The only part of this post that surprises me is that you work out....
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

macsak

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 07:06:04 PM »

heads

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 08:37:04 PM »
12 oz curls!  :thumbsup:

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
heads
Don’t encourage the tards...

:rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 09:26:52 AM »
Since this was hosted by CNN, it was pretty much 1 sided (anti-2a).  They had a few students post on their IG that CNN wanted to give them questions to ask.  But they refused and didn't enter.

It's amazing that the generation who last week was eating Tide pods, is telling me about my 2nd amendment right.

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 09:47:52 AM »
Since this was hosted by CNN, it was pretty much 1 sided (anti-2a).  They had a few students post on their IG that CNN wanted to give them questions to ask.  But they refused and didn't enter.

It's amazing that the generation who last week was eating Tide pods, is telling me about my 2nd amendment right.
Yeah, I expected it to be heavily anti-2a.  I missed the part where the NRA spokeswoman participated.  But I was actually pleasantly surprised at some of the comments from those that did participate.  One mentioned that this isn't a red vs blue (Cons vs. Lib) issue and another brought up good points about realities of gun control in almost a pro-2a light. 

But yeah, I mostly wanted to yell at those students who participated in sort of "what the hell do you know about realities of life".  The thing is that they will have an impact and I do see many who were previously neutral to 2a being swayed their direction.  They fully understand the power of social media, getting attention in the MSM, etc. 

ren

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:31:48 AM »
Typical. Give a platform to emotion rather than logical, rational debate. It was and still is too early to have an argument about gun control. This is what the left does...use these victims, these teens as pawns/ proxies for their message.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 04:13:28 PM »
Yeah, I expected it to be heavily anti-2a.  I missed the part where the NRA spokeswoman participated.  But I was actually pleasantly surprised at some of the comments from those that did participate.  One mentioned that this isn't a red vs blue (Cons vs. Lib) issue and another brought up good points about realities of gun control in almost a pro-2a light. 

But yeah, I mostly wanted to yell at those students who participated in sort of "what the hell do you know about realities of life".  The thing is that they will have an impact and I do see many who were previously neutral to 2a being swayed their direction.  They fully understand the power of social media, getting attention in the MSM, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/NRATV/videos/10155432213007898/

bass monkey

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 09:26:45 PM »
 It's always good to know what the other side is thinking and doing. 
Hard to counter if you don't know what's coming. 
Art of war