Worn Striker Spring (Read 8585 times)

Heavies

Re: Worn Striker Spring
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2019, 06:02:06 PM »
Update
Send APEX pics and they said the gap between the slide and frame is very big.  So this may be the reason why the tolerances are being messed with. Below is their response.

Your firearm has quite a large slide to frame gap, which I believe is part of the failure to reset issue. If there’s a large space between the slide and frame, that means there’s a larger space (and therefore less contact) between the sear and striker. If the sear bounces slightly under recoil or is slow to return, it may not catch the striker consistently. Our kit includes a heavy sear spring to give the sear a strong return and prevent sear flutter.

I am going to send you a replacement sear spring just in case the one you received is on the shorter or lighter side. I am also going to send you an alternate Forward Set Sear. Our 7-Dot Sear is similar to our 3-Dot Sear, but it has a higher tilt to provide more contact with the striker. That way the striker won’t be able to bypass the sear. I do want to give you a heads up that the 7-Dot Sear will increase the trigger pull weight by approximately 1lb. To balance out the trigger pull weight increase, you can re-install your factory trigger return spring. As long as you do not have a state compliant model that comes with a 10lb+ trigger pull weight, your trigger return spring is approximately 0.5-1lb lighter than the silver spring in our kit.

Wholly crap, what states require a 10lb trigger pull?   :crazy:

Inspector

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

changemyoil66

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2019, 06:54:55 PM »
Wholly crap, what states require a 10lb trigger pull?   :crazy:
MA does. But at least they issue ccws. I would take a 10lbs trigger pull and ccw than 1lb and no ccw.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

changemyoil66

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2019, 10:04:39 PM »
See below 7 dot vs 3 dot. Also i added in the 1lb extra spring. I felt the one that i had was to light for ccw carry.

Function test fine. Trigger resets right at the wall. Will keel u guys updated after i put 100rds through her.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk