Will suppressors ever be legal in Hawaii (Read 10624 times)

mauiblue

Will suppressors ever be legal in Hawaii
« on: June 26, 2015, 04:18:01 PM »
Any chance suppressors be made legal in Hawaii or is the political climate here bad enough where there is no chance of having them legalized? I would love to have my Ruger Mark III set up with a can.

xer 21

Re: Will suppressors ever be legal in Hawaii
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 04:38:11 PM »
i doubt it. 

stangzilla

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:03 PM »
Any chance suppressors be made legal in Hawaii or is the political climate here bad enough where there is no chance of having them legalized? I would love to have my Ruger Mark III set up with a can.

2 chances:
slim and none

ren

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
oh the horrors!!!
The lack of noise. A gun shot out of nowhere. Ninjas. Hitmen. Snipers. More crime! Less butterflies.
Deeds Not Words

mauiblue

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 06:21:48 PM »
So it seems that CCW have more chances of becoming a reality than legal suppressors? Too bad. Always wanted one on my AR15, too(^o^)

xer 21

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »
So it seems that CCW have more chances of becoming a reality than legal suppressors? Too bad. Always wanted one on my AR15, too(^o^)
the only reason CCW is more likely is because there's a slim chance that the Peruta Case stands.  other than that, it would have as much likliehood as suppressors: none.

beekeeping1341

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
No chance. The hunting culture that would push for them is, for all intents and purposes, non existent
I sure as hell don't need a permit to choose my religion, so why the hell do I need a permit to acquire a firearm?

Kingkeoni

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2015, 08:41:07 PM »
Yes there is a chance.

It, however, would involve voting all the old useless democrats out of office and replacing them with politicians that would push for it.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

mauiboi9

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »
Out of all the things most people wish they had, full auto, sbrs, etc. Out of them all i would want a suppressor if i could only choose one.
Im a recoil junkie

xer 21

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2015, 10:02:39 PM »
Out of all the things most people wish they had, full auto, sbrs, etc. Out of them all i would want a suppressor if i could only choose one.

easily.  i've never understood the allure of full auto beyond wasting a few rounds every now and then.  all though i do wish we had SBRs.  some guns are just begging for it. 

mauiboi9

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:44 PM »
easily.  i've never understood the allure of full auto beyond wasting a few rounds every now and then.  all though i do wish we had SBRs.  some guns are just begging for it.

true, pws diablos lol. The scars look sick sbr to.
Im a recoil junkie

xer 21

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2015, 10:40:44 PM »
that MPX too.  hell, every MP5 variant.  would be nice not to have those ridiculous fake suppressors.

Garuda

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2015, 10:48:34 PM »

Yup.  Bolt action 22 with a can....  That would be sweet

jonjon

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2015, 07:10:17 AM »
Cans?!?!?!?! No can  :(

:shaka:

nathanm14fan

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2015, 08:09:05 AM »
Next session I'd like to see a representative or state senator like Gabbard (who has submitted CCW shall-issue legislation in the past) submit legistlation simply striking suppressors from the HRS. As long as no one actually tries, then the answer will always be no.

rustyeleio

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2015, 08:37:01 AM »
Yes there is a chance.

It, however, would involve voting all the old useless democrats out of office and replacing them with politicians that would push for it.

Yes but, the chances of that happening...slim to none.   :rofl:

Our Democrat politicians are, for the most part, complacent, ineffectual and uninspired.  All they do is meekly tow the Democratic line but with the current executive branch, it can be very dangerous for the country to "just do as your told". :grrr:

mauiboi9

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2015, 09:55:29 PM »
that MPX too.  hell, every MP5 variant.  would be nice not to have those ridiculous fake suppressors.

If we could get mpxs lol.
Im a recoil junkie

Kingkeoni

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2015, 10:29:57 PM »
Did someone say suppressors?
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Pit808

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 01:12:50 PM »
My krink's really need to be SBR's.  I feel bad for them  :( 
chitty chitty bang bang.......

mauiboi9

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »
Solvent traps lol
Im a recoil junkie