Restrictions On Solicitation Emails? (Read 1288 times)

Inspector

Restrictions On Solicitation Emails?
« on: November 14, 2018, 06:23:24 PM »
Restrictions on solicitation emails?

I was looking for 55 and over adult communities in AZ where my wife and I might want to move to. I signed up for an email newsletter that advertised a new community still in the planning stage. With houses starting at $170k I wanted more info. I clicked on the link and provided my contact info so they can send me the information on this new community. I received the following reply:

Hello David,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding new homes. Unfortunately, anti-solicitation regulations and registration requirements in your state or province prohibit us from sending you any information. The most up-to-date information regarding our communities is available on our web site, so we encourage you to check back often for the latest news.

Your contact info has been added to the interest list for the communities you have signed up for and will inform you if we are able to send information to you in the future. In the meantime, the next time you find yourself near one of our communities, please stop by for more information.

Best regards,

Shea Homes New Home Advisor Team

What are they not allowed to send me? I asked for their information they offered. It’s not like they would be sending me unsolicitated emails.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Restrictions On Solicitation Emails?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 12:59:58 AM »
Restrictions on solicitation emails?

I was looking for 55 and over adult communities in AZ where my wife and I might want to move to. I signed up for an email newsletter that advertised a new community still in the planning stage. With houses starting at $170k I wanted more info. I clicked on the link and provided my contact info so they can send me the information on this new community. I received the following reply:

Hello David,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding new homes. Unfortunately, anti-solicitation regulations and registration requirements in your state or province prohibit us from sending you any information. The most up-to-date information regarding our communities is available on our web site, so we encourage you to check back often for the latest news.

Your contact info has been added to the interest list for the communities you have signed up for and will inform you if we are able to send information to you in the future. In the meantime, the next time you find yourself near one of our communities, please stop by for more information.

Best regards,

Shea Homes New Home Advisor Team

What are they not allowed to send me? I asked for their information they offered. It’s not like they would be sending me unsolicitated emails.

My guess is, they risk losing their real estate license, paying fines, or both, if they solicit in states they aren't licensed in.

Similar issue with NRA Carry Guard and NY.  NRA isn't licensed to sell insurance (regardless of the type) in NY, so they were fined.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 05:25:40 AM »
My guess is, they risk losing their real estate license, paying fines, or both, if they solicit in states they aren't licensed in.

Similar issue with NRA Carry Guard and NY.  NRA isn't licensed to sell insurance (regardless of the type) in NY, so they were fined.
Thanks, that makes sense.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 07:43:14 AM »
You're a tax paying home owner in HI.  You're a hot commodity that the Hawaii politicians don't want you to leave and take your tax $$$ elsewhere. . .  :P [kidding, well, mostly]