12.7x42 (Read 2323 times)

mosin nagant

12.7x42
« on: November 15, 2019, 12:06:33 PM »
I finally got my reloading kit in now my question is what is the best place to get powder and primers for the .50 Beowulf? I’m don’t have a clue what I’m about to get into so any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Aloha

Inspector

Re: 12.7x42
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »
I don’t reload for this round so my comments are going to be general here.

After a review it appears that Hodgdon Lil Gun, IMR 4227 and Alliant 2400 are the stars for the lighter bullets approximately 250gr/300gr up to about 350gr/375gr. Some mentions of H110 for lighter bullets as well. Above 375gr the go to powder seems to be Alliant Reloader 7. I am a Hodgdon/IMR fan for most of my reloading, the Alliant powders are excellent. I just got into Hodgdon powders during the shortage period due to Hodgdon being the only powder I could get most of the time. Before 2008 I mostly used IMR and Alliant powders. I used a lot of the old standards made by Alliant like 2400.

The data I provided below uses CCI #350 LPP Magnum. This is the only LPP I used in my magnum loads.

Here are the recommended powders and loading data from Alexander Arms:

http://www.alexanderarms.com/images/pdfs/beowulf_reloading.pdf

Generally speaking YG’s have mostly had the best prices except the fishing supply store has good prices as well (I forgot their name). But YG’s has the best selection.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!