Are misaligned/canted 686 barrels still a problem? (Read 7119 times)

drck1000

Re: Are misaligned/canted 686 barrels still a problem?
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 08:10:57 AM »
Finally picked up my 686 and it’s ever so slightly misaligned. You won’t really notice it unless you look for it. I plan on taking it to the range and if it shoots well then I’m fine with it. Thanks again for all of your help especially those that I pm’d with questions.
Sorry. I can’t figure out why imgur won’t let me post pics.

That sucks. . .

Did you contact the seller about it? 

Revolver gurus (dogman, stang, etc) - Is the cant something that can be tweaked?  I only have experience with canted sights for ARs.  In that case, many times the cant can be "lived with" as long as the rear sight can handle the cant.  But I've also had guns where the cant was "in spec", but it bothered me so I had the mfr (BCM) try to get it more centered. 

Nostayhome

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 08:16:04 AM »
That sucks. . .

Did you contact the seller about it? 

Revolver gurus (dogman, stang, etc) - Is the cant something that can be tweaked?  I only have experience with canted sights for ARs.  In that case, many times the cant can be "lived with" as long as the rear sight can handle the cant.  But I've also had guns where the cant was "in spec", but it bothered me so I had the mfr (BCM) try to get it more centered.

It’s brand new so I can always send it back to S&W. It’s only minimal and you have to really look for it to notice it.

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 08:23:53 AM »
It’s brand new so I can always send it back to S&W. It’s only minimal and you have to really look for it to notice it.
Ahh, got it. 

Hopefully it shoots well.  Let us know.   :thumbsup:

[resisting urge to look at my 686 closer. . .  :-\ ]

Nostayhome

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 08:50:18 AM »
Ahh, got it. 

Hopefully it shoots well.  Let us know.   :thumbsup:

[resisting urge to look at my 686 closer. . .  :-\ ]

Haha! I’ll definitely let you guys know how it goes.

mauiblue

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2019, 01:50:46 AM »
I've had a 686 Plus with 4 inch barrel for about a dozen years now. Fabulous gun and accurate. My favorite gun to shoot. Then there is my Model 638 snub revolver t bought about seven years ago that I couldn't hit the side of a barn with. Finally sent this gun back to S&W to fix the misaligned barrel. All that time shooting it I thought it was me. Dumb. I still like S&W revolvers as they have a good service department and great customer service.

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk