7.62x39 Ammo Prices (Read 875 times)

Kawika808

7.62x39 Ammo Prices
« on: July 17, 2023, 02:39:57 PM »
So I looked around at online prices for 7.62x39 ammo (steel cased) and its is still hovering above .40 cents a round when other calibers such as 9mm and 223/556 have come down quite a bit. 

Due to the russian ban?   Should I stock up on some now or will an american company start pumping some out?

Let me know your thoughts🤙🤙

ren

Re: 7.62x39 Ammo Prices
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 03:21:24 PM »
 All you need is one manufacturer to go woke and do a Dylan Mulvaney. on7.62x39 ammo. Maybe have her appear on a case?
anyways, how many Ak owners are out there vs. ARs ?
Deeds Not Words

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 04:23:32 PM »
All you need is one manufacturer to go woke and do a Dylan Mulvaney. on7.62x39 ammo. Maybe have her appear on a case?
anyways, how many Ak owners are out there vs. ARs ?

Someone better start putting rainbows on it!
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

zippz

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 04:33:01 PM »
Guessing a lot of the foreign surplus went to Ukraine.

If it's made in the US, it should be more expensive than 5.56 if made with copper and brass.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

randay

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 04:54:51 PM »
Ive been on SEC waitlist since early pandemic. Even reloading components are hard to come by, so I would guess there is a real shortage. Even if you did reload, probly a nightmare going back and forth from steel and brass.

Kawika808

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2023, 07:35:12 PM »
Ive been on SEC waitlist since early pandemic. Even reloading components are hard to come by, so I would guess there is a real shortage. Even if you did reload, probly a nightmare going back and forth from steel and brass.

highroller guns has some in stock from .52-.65 a round steel case.....plus shipping😰

groveler

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2023, 09:17:41 PM »
So I looked around at online prices for 7.62x39 ammo (steel cased) and its is still hovering above .40 cents a round when other calibers such as 9mm and 223/556 have come down quite a bit. 

Due to the russian ban?   Should I stock up on some now or will an american company start pumping some out?

Let me know your thoughts🤙🤙
Most USA companies don't do 7.62X39.
all mine is Chinese or Russian., but MILspec.
Eg. Tuna tin sealed cans.
I would not advise this but a trip to the mainland,  some gun shows,
and some creative shipping will get you what you want.
Hawaii doesn't give a shit about the US Constitution
so why obey their laws?
Not illegal till you get caught.
Once again I don't advise doing anything illegal.
 :thumbsup:

ren

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2023, 09:44:36 PM »
so why obey their laws?

Chinese MILSPEC? Russian MILSPEC? Do they exist?
Deeds Not Words

randay

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2023, 07:01:07 AM »
how many Ak owners are out there vs. ARs ?
My AR shoots x39. I do not own an AK.

randay

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2023, 07:04:18 AM »
highroller guns has some in stock from .52-.65 a round steel case.....plus shipping😰

just looked up my receipts and i paid almost 40 cents each for brass cases. if you add the powder and head its about there. add the primer and youre over that. I think savings would only come in after the 3rd loading.  :(

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2023, 07:16:38 AM »
If you're running low, I would get maybe 2-3 cases (more/less depending on what you 'normally' have).  I haven't watched 7.62 x39 pricing that much, but I've seen Tula and some other brands on sale here and there online.  Would have to go through Kaleo Arms, but always a decent option.

I've mostly been watching prices for 5.56 and 9mm.  I haven't bought in a long time, but it's good to see a steady decline in prices for both of those.  9 mm still in the 0.30-0.33/round range, which I think is still too high for me to buy, but likely the "new normal".  I'll likely reload more than buy at that price.  Different for 7.62x39.  I don't shoot my AK that much these days.  I'd like to if I had more ammo, plus open shooting bays. 

hvybarrels

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023, 07:26:15 AM »
Modi just started taking delivery of a 6 million AK 203 order so pretty soon India ammo will be on the market.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

groveler

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2023, 03:55:25 PM »
Chinese MILSPEC? Russian MILSPEC? Do they exist?
Contrary to what you may think, but I have Chi Comm ammo from 1967 that shoots just fine.
They have standards. Their politics may suck, but their military stuff is reliable.
Say what you want but Russian stuff is designed for idiots to build and use so it works.
That is why the AK 47 is so popular.
Want bet on how many of all the M-4's Biden left for the Taliban will be reliably functional
in another year or two?
 :wave:

Kawika808

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2023, 05:26:09 PM »
so why obey their laws?

I was looking at PSA and their line of AAC ammo but I guess they dont produce 7.62x39 yet.   I would think they would consider it with all thats going on but we shall see.  Ill probably just pick up a little here and there when I can until things play out.  If shit goes further south for this caliber Ill just have to barter for more if needed🥶🥶🥶