Trump Impeachment Proceedings (Read 58447 times)

macsak

Re: Trump Impeachment Proceedings
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2019, 10:15:21 AM »
Funny how shes getting credit for the trade deal, when it was Trump who planned it from day 1.  It was being held up by the DNC.

but now mcconnell holding it up...

changemyoil66

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2019, 01:43:10 PM »
but now mcconnell holding it up...

He don't trust anything the DNC pushes through all of a sudden.  Like when Hillary tweeted vaccines are good for children.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2019, 06:32:07 PM »
Funny how shes getting credit for the trade deal, when it was Trump who planned it from day 1.  It was being held up by the DNC.

Pelosi admits the USMCA is a better program for the US than NAFTA ever was.

That's due to Trump's negotiations -- nothing at all to do with Congress.  Anything Congress changes will be pork for their constituents.  I can guarantee that.

So, even by Pelosi's characterization, the new Act is a major improvement, which would have never happened if Trump wasn't president.  I can't imagine Hillary negotiating anything that doesn't include "donations" to the Clinton Foundation.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »
Watching as much of the Judicial Committee hearing as I can stomach.

Eric Swalwell (Stallsmell?) looks directly at the camera when speaking.  House members have said that's against the Rules of the House.

When speaking, a member is supposed to direct their statements to the chair.  Speaking the the television audience breaks that rule.

He should be sanctioned for breaking the rules.
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2019, 10:58:07 PM »
"MR. CHAIRMAN, THERE ARE 23 AYES AND 17 NOES."

Jerry Nadler's Judiciary Committee voted down strict party lines to present the articles of impeachment to the full house (Fool House?) for a vote.

So much for Pelosi saying, "impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something
so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan,
I don’t think we should go down that path because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it."

The only impeachment vote so far that was bipartisan was the vote AGAINST the impeachment inquiry.  Two Dems voted against.  Only Dems voted to move forward.

The Democrat party has no idea what a "principle" is nor how to abide by them.  They are 100% outcome-oriented at all cost -- the rules/laws/Constitution/damage to the nation be damned.
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2019, 06:02:55 AM »
"MR. CHAIRMAN, THERE ARE 23 AYES AND 17 NOES."

Jerry Nadler's Judiciary Committee voted down strict party lines to present the articles of impeachment to the full house (Fool House?) for a vote.

So much for Pelosi saying, "impeachment is so divisive to the country that unless there’s something
so compelling and overwhelming and bipartisan,
I don’t think we should go down that path because it divides the country. And he’s just not worth it."

The only impeachment vote so far that was bipartisan was the vote AGAINST the impeachment inquiry.  Two Dems voted against.  Only Dems voted to move forward.

The Democrat party has no idea what a "principle" is nor how to abide by them.  They are 100% outcome-oriented at all cost -- the rules/laws/Constitution/damage to the nation be damned.
I think Trump backed them into a corner when he put Barr into AG position. In other words, I think their plan was to put impeachment out there and if the poling din’t support it they were going to censure or just not impeach. But once Barr came in and put Durham on the case and it turned from an investigation into a criminal matter they really have no choice but to impeach and try to put Trump into bad graces with the voters. If Trump loses, Barr is gone and the criminal investigation and indictments go away. If Trump wins a lot of people are going down. This is why they are vowing to continue to throw out impeachment if he wins. The longer he stays in office the more people are going to get indicted and brought to justice.

And from what I think I read from Judicial watch they have memos showing Obama knew about the investigation and apparently did nothing to try and stop it. Not sure yet if they know he approved and put his stamp on the investigation? But he definitely knew about it at some point. Whether the beginning or later remains to be seen. Either way, if Obama knew at any point and did not try and shut it down, he was a part of the illegal activities. I think that ultimately, he is the one they are trying to protect if not his AG’s and Secretary of State as well.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

macsak

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
Pelosi admits the USMCA is a better program for the US than NAFTA ever was.

That's due to Trump's negotiations -- nothing at all to do with Congress.  Anything Congress changes will be pork for their constituents.  I can guarantee that.

So, even by Pelosi's characterization, the new Act is a major improvement, which would have never happened if Trump wasn't president.  I can't imagine Hillary negotiating anything that doesn't include "donations" to the Clinton Foundation.

I watched a youtube video that explained at least part of what the holdup is
NAFTA had a restriction on pharmaceutical patents of 12 years in the US, but only 5 years in Canada and mexico
so a drug company had the rights to that drug for that period of time before generics became available
obviously, the longer period favors the drug company because they can profit more
trump's USMCA had the limit at 10 years for Canada and mexico, and 12 years for the US
Pelosi at the last minute got it changed to ZERO years in Canada and mexico, meaning generics would be available immediately

Pelosi needed to release the news about USMCA for 2 reasons:
1 to show some news that the house was working on something other than impeachment
2 to give the dems in states that voted for trump something to show their constituents that they are helping with jobs. word was that these dems were threatening to vote no on impeachment, and this is the carrot for them to toe the party line.

I think it was the Huckabee video I posted yesterday that said them dems are talking about having a bunch of dems voting no, so that when it is only a handful, they can tout that as a victory...

macsak

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2019, 11:54:31 AM »
I watched a youtube video that explained at least part of what the holdup is
NAFTA had a restriction on pharmaceutical patents of 12 years in the US, but only 5 years in Canada and mexico
so a drug company had the rights to that drug for that period of time before generics became available
obviously, the longer period favors the drug company because they can profit more
trump's USMCA had the limit at 10 years for Canada and mexico, and 12 years for the US
Pelosi at the last minute got it changed to ZERO years in Canada and mexico, meaning generics would be available immediately

Pelosi needed to release the news about USMCA for 2 reasons:
1 to show some news that the house was working on something other than impeachment
2 to give the dems in states that voted for trump something to show their constituents that they are helping with jobs. word was that these dems were threatening to vote no on impeachment, and this is the carrot for them to toe the party line.

I think it was the Huckabee video I posted yesterday that said them dems are talking about having a bunch of dems voting no, so that when it is only a handful, they can tout that as a victory...

and then right after Pelosi announced USMCA, she unveiled the healthcare bill that the house passed on party lines
my thought is that the republicans are holding up the senate vote on USMCA and going to use the zero year thing as a negotiating point against the healthcare bill

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
and then right after Pelosi announced USMCA, she unveiled the healthcare bill that the house passed on party lines
my thought is that the republicans are holding up the senate vote on USMCA and going to use the zero year thing as a negotiating point against the healthcare bill

Timing the passage of USMCA is important.  There's a gov't funding bill needed by Dec 20 to either fund it for the remainder of the year through Oct 2020, or at a minimum another CSR (Continuing Spending Resolution) through February.  If nothing gets done, we'd see a gov't shutdown less than a week before Christmas.  Not a good situation for the Dems politically.

The second reason timing is important is the Senate MUST take up impeachment within 30 days of the articles being forwarded to them.  While they are in "impeachment mode", the Senate is prohibited from taking up any other issues.  Therefore, if there's no budget agreement/CSR before then, it can't be acted on until the impeachment trial ends.  If the CSR runs out before the trial ends, they'll have to somehow call an emergency session to renew it assuming that's possible.  Same is true for USMCA -- it sits until the trial ends.

While the Senate listens to the trial evidence, the Senators can't make any public statements.  They must also be present in the chamber.  That throws a wrench in the campaigns for Senators running for President:  Booker Klobuchar, Warren and Sanders.  So, for however long the trial goes on, two of the primary front runners will be off the campaign trail.  Booker and Klobuchar could withdraw from the race using the trial as a factor even though they have little to no chance of winning.

That's a major reason Impeachment is being rushed.  That, and the polls have been trending more and more against impeachment.  If they wait too long, any support they have now will continue to erode.
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2019, 02:13:02 PM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2019, 04:45:43 PM »
Seems there is a defector in the ranks...

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/14/jeff-van-drew-change-parties-085036

If you look at the articles passed by the Judiciary Committee, they 100% abandoned a criminal impeachment and is instead forwarding articles outlining Constitutional violations only.

No quid pro quo.
No bribery.
No campaign finance law violations.
No obstruction of justice.

Abuse of power and obstruction of Congress are all they can pretend to find.

There were 2 Dems voting against the impeachment inquiry.  Jeff Van Drew was one.

I've seen 2 interviews with House Dems who won in Trump-supporting districts.  They said their phones are ringing off the hook.  One had to install a third line because they couldn't handle the volume of calls.

If that's indicative of the rest of the Trump-supporting districts, we might see enough Dems voting against the articles to avoid going to the Senate at all.

There are 31 Dem Representatives from Trump-supporting districts.  Pelosi needs 17 of then to cross the impeachment hurdle, assuming the same number that voted for the inquiry remains the same.

That's about 55% chance of impeachment, 45% of it failing.

As bad as this sham is for the Dems already, I wonder if the Dems can't save a little dignity by stopping this crazy train before the Senate does.

How sad that the only 2 presidents impeached since 1869 will still be living if the House vote passes -- one for actually breaking the law, and one for trying to get to the bottom of the election interference HE was investigated for.
-- Melvin Udall

zippz

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2019, 03:57:21 PM »
Oh no, it's happening.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2019, 11:00:43 PM »
In case anyone reading this missed the last 3 months of impeachment testimony in the House of Representatives, let me catch you up:

1.  The Democrats want to impeach the President in order to protect the integrity of the 2020 election by overturning the results of the 2016 election;

2.  There's no evidence Trump committed any crime, so the articles of impeachment are as broad as possible:  abuse of power and obstruction of Congress;

3.  The obstruction of Congress charge is based on Trump not handing over any evidence of crimes he's committed after cooperating for almost three years with the FBI and Mueller's investigations that found no evidence of any crime he's committed;

4.  The FBI IG found that the FBI lied to the FISA court to continue trying to catch Trump committing a crime;

5.  The Democrats refused to allow the Republicans or Trump's lawyers to participate fairly in the impeachment inquiry;

6.  Now Chick Schumer is demanding his list of witnesses be allowed even before the articles have arrived in the Senate, totally tone deaf to the way the Democrats rammed the impeachment process through the House.

Most people have tuned this entire sham out, because the outcomes were guaranteed:

A.  The House was going to vote to impeach no matter what the evidence showed, and

B.  The Senate will vote to dismiss all charges.  They only need 51 votes to do that.  It'll never get to a vote to remove him from office, which needs 2/3rds of the Senate to do.

100% waste of our time, money and Congressional salaries.  They've done little else other than try to take credit for some of Trump's achievements (USMCA).  They haven't even been able to pass a budget ... again.  We're facing a government shutdown this week because the House is too busy with "ORANGE MAN BAD" to do their actual jobs.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2019, 11:10:22 PM »
Trump gets impeached and Pence becomes POTUS

Pence selects Trump as his VP

Pence steps down and Trump is now POTUS again

Trump selects Pence as VP again

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2019, 12:27:54 AM »
This is the first preemptive impeachment in history.

"We need to remove the President from office so he can't invite foreign interference in the 2020 Presidential election."

Right ..   :wacko:
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector

« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2019, 08:28:23 AM »
This is the first preemptive impeachment in history.

"We need to remove the President from office so he can't invite foreign interference in the 2020 Presidential election."

Right ..   :wacko:
They are so worried about the foreign country interfering with the election in 2016 that one of the articles of impeachment is charging the president for asking the head of that same country to investigate the interference in our election in 2016.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2019, 10:08:14 AM »
They are so worried about the foreign country interfering with the election in 2016 that one of the articles of impeachment is charging the president for asking the head of that same country to investigate the interference in our election in 2016.  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I'd give anything for McConnell and the Senate GOP to pass the exact same rules the House used in their hoax hearings. 

Then, when Crying Chuck Schumer runs to whine to the press about how unfair the rules are, McConnell can say where they came from!

:rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »
So far, few if any in the news have drawn the line between the Mueller Report and the FBI IG Report.

Mueller testified he had no idea who Fusion GPS is.

The IG testified Fusion GPS was a central player in the Steele dossier and how the information was critical to getting warrants to spy on the Trump campaign, including FBI Agent Bruce Orr and his Fusion GPS Lawyer wife.

Mueller's team intentionally avoided all things related to the origins of the dossier to cover up the FISA abuses and the obvious connections to Clinton and the DNC.

Short story is Clinton, via her campaign and the DNC, commissioned opposition research on Trump from foreign sources, including Russians, which the FBI relied upon to defraud the FISA judges into rubber-stamping their surveillance warrants.

Everything that happened after that, including all prosecutions related to Trump's teams, should be overturned as "fruit of the poisonous tree".

I hope Durham's findings go there.
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
-- Melvin Udall

Inspector