GOP Future (Read 4211 times)

omnigun

GOP Future
« on: January 06, 2021, 10:33:04 PM »
Ding Dong the Trump is gone~  :geekdanc: :shaka: :D
I am happy to see him go, but sad to see who replaced him. 

On Jan 20 its official we have a borderline senile president. 
Congress has ratified the electors votes and Biden is the next president.

That being said the serious subject happens next....what will GOP do.  2022/4 might be last chance to set the course for this nation,  the last chance to defend 2a rights.  I see 3 options.

1) Reject Trump
2) Support Trump
3) Split

If they reject Trump they need to find their new identify after Trump tore apart the current GOP base and alienated the independents.  They need to find new leaders and representatives of the new/reformed GOP identity. This in my mind is the best chance to take back the country from the democrats. 

If they support Trump they will be supporting the failure of a president who lost the GOP, the house, senate and presidency.  They lost the presidency to a borderline senile old man....they have no real future and many GOP "old school" people will dump the party so will many independents.  This might lead to a democrat banana republic like Hawaii. 

If they split we might get more options with voting which is great but if the democrats don't split we will still end up with a democrat banana republic.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: GOP Future
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:51:10 PM »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 09:18:06 AM »

mrgaf

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 10:49:20 AM »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

zippz

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 12:53:41 PM »
Separate policy and personality.

Trump was excellent at policy.  Cutting regulations, cutting taxes, growing business, fighting back at China, peace in the middle east, supporting police, draining the swamp (it was a start at least), more government transparency, etc

Personality wise, energetic, but big ego and lots of room for improvement.  Put a shock collar on him and give the remote to Pence and he'd be perfect.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 03:27:53 PM »

Trump was excellent at policy.  Cutting regulations, cutting taxes, growing business, fighting back at China, peace in the middle east, supporting police, draining the swamp (it was a start at least), more government transparency, etc

Personality wise, energetic, but big ego and lots of room for improvement.  Put a shock collar on him and give the remote to Pence and he'd be perfect.

I know people who voted for Bill "I did not have sex" Clinton because he "had great hair," and played the sax on late night TV.  In 2000, the same people either abstained from voting or voted for Bush, because they didn't want to have a continuation of Clinton's policies under a President Al Gore.  Maybe people need to do a bit more research on their own before deciding on a president based solely on celebrity appeal.

Donald Trump created a brand, and that brand helped him win in 2016 -- but then so did the media who tried to help him win the primaries.  Had the media decided to skewer him before the primary elections like they tried to do after, he'd have never been elected in the first place IMO.

This election was decided more by the media and Big Tech than anything else.  People who voted Biden are already saying they'd have never done that if they'd learned about the Hunter Biden laptop and the evidence that Joe was absolutely part of the corruption and millions of dollars being laundered by Hunter.

Our election system isn't broken.  It's just been hijacked by the media, big tech and corrupt officials who think winning at all costs is justified, even if it means lying and keeping the voters in the dark.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 03:49:59 PM »
Outstanding comment.   

If not to prevent the disaster PRIAPS would have been, might have sat 2016 out.

hvybarrels

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 04:43:57 PM »
Without his personality he would never have gotten as far as he did. I voted for an a-hole because I need someone to go in there and kick some commie butt. Job well done! Now the commies have overplayed their hand trying to get rid of him.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 04:59:18 PM »
Trump was a pleasant surprise, not really knowing what he would do.  His goofy showbiz persona was all many of us had seen.

Yeah, he really stirred up a hornet's nest prodding the leftists and globalists.  S
omething of a surprise they did not try to knock him off.

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 05:19:08 PM »
Without his personality he would never have gotten as far as he did. I voted for an a-hole because I need someone to go in there and kick some commie butt. Job well done! Now the commies have overplayed their hand trying to get rid of him.
I rather have someone whos rough on the edges, but does a good job. Than someone whos a good speaker and screws the  nation (barry).

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

groveler

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 06:02:39 PM »
I'm old enough to figure out how I'll generally vote.
I don't like the GOP, but I DESPISE Democrats,  all of them.
I'm generally a Libertarian,  but I want a very strong
national defense and I'm sort of religious so that rules out
public deviancy and making little boys into girls and vise versa.
So in the end I vote what is best for my wallet, the country,
and my grand kids.
That is never a Democrat.
Libertarians never get elected.
I hope like hell in 2024 we have a decent candidate
after the GOPe purges.

zippz

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:45 PM »
After thinking about it, I may be a bit harsh on Trumps personality.  If you exclude his past history with women and connections to friends like Giuliani and Cohen, he's about average on the scale of President's personality faults.  He talks a lot more and says what's on his mind when other President's would keep silent.  Add in the media magnifying and distorting what he says, and I guess he's not so bad after all.  His biggest fault may be firing so many aides and directors which causes chaos in the administration.

I'd vote for him again in 2024 if he gets in the GOP primaries, but he might be too tarnished to win with the riot and his recent veto.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 06:19:46 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 06:22:12 PM »
After thinking about it, I may be a bit harsh on Trumps personality.  If you exclude his past history with women and connections to friends like Giuliani and Cohen, he's about average on the scale of President's personality faults.  He talks a lot more and says what's on his mind when other President's would keep silent.  Add in the media magnifying and distorting what he says, and I guess he's not so bad after all.  His biggest fault may be firing so many aides and directors which causes chaos in the administration.

I'd vote for him again in 2024 if he gets in the GOP primaries, but he might be too tarnished to win with the riot and his recent veto.

Todd, you know what happens to leaders in the military when confidence is lost. the same reason why Trump fired many in his admin. He believes at that level of office you should be at the top of your game - if you are not - you are gone.
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 06:31:39 PM »
Todd, you know what happens to leaders in the military when confidence is lost. the same reason why Trump fired many in his admin. He believes at that level of office you should be at the top of your game - if you are not - you are gone.

That's true for some, but he did have some good respected people that he fired.  Also then Trump would be faulted for appointing the crappy ones in the first place.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 06:44:47 PM »
In 2024 Trump will be as old as biden is now.  Four years is an eternity once one gets in the 70's.

Then there is the events that just folded recently, one after another of really bad judgements and decisions.

To much of my disapointment and sadness, it looks like Trump's political career is over.

I myself and millions of other people wished he won a second term.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

omnigun

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 06:44:57 PM »

For me he lies too much,  shifts all blame and what he did recently with the election is unforgivable.  Along with the past you mentioned and other faults.

hvybarrels

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 06:46:21 PM »
Joe Biden is a lying Jim Crow race baiting rapist who is compromised by the Chinese and half the country holds their noses. Forest through the trees, boys
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

ren

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 07:01:59 PM »
Joe Biden is a lying Jim Crow race baiting rapist who is compromised by the Chinese and half the country holds their noses. Forest through the trees, boys

NO!
"you are a lying dog-faced pony soldier"

Deeds Not Words

omnigun

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 07:03:48 PM »
Biden isn't that good either doesn't magically make Trump good.  That's why I voted neither. 

QUIETShooter

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »

Yep.  No argument here.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.