Revolver Shoot at Silhouette Range March 4 at 8am (Read 28547 times)

stangzilla

Re: Revolver Shoot at Silhouette Range March 4 at 8am
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2018, 12:01:45 PM »

oldfart

« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »

=========
nice!
looks like somebody been practicing on the computer editor :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

Heavies

« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2018, 01:09:51 PM »
very cool video!   :thumbsup:
Thank you! Thanks for the footage!  I thought I took more video and pics, but didn't realize my phone was out of memory..   

Heavies

« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2018, 01:11:09 PM »
=========
nice!
looks like somebody been practicing on the computer editor :thumbsup:
Free windows movie maker and royalty free music..  lol 🤙

Heavies

« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »
Anyone get a vid of me shooting the 500?  Like see how badly I flinched.   Lol

stangzilla

« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2018, 03:12:26 PM »

sorry I didn't get any video's that day.  but if you did flinch with that 500, I don't blame you.  that thing is 2 handfuls.  (that's what she said)   ;)
we'll have to make a second edition of the revolver day and get more video.

drck1000

« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »

Awesome!  Need to get more of you into that video compilation next time!

The videos, this one and the ones I took, don't fully capture the black powder experience.  The amount of smoke and of course the smell.  It was also super interesting watching you and TomG load up the black powder revolvers. 

I had expected a little friendly competition to have come up.  There were plenty of opportunity.  The S&W versus Ruger collection.  Black powder vs black powder.  Of course, with others watching when you're shooting, you're gonna get some comments and that is always a form of friendly competition. 

drck1000

« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »
sorry I didn't get any video's that day.  but if you did flinch with that 500, I don't blame you.  that thing is 2 handfuls.  (that's what she said)   ;)
we'll have to make a second edition of the revolver day and get more video.

Potential for guns like the 454 and 500 to bring out the "flinch reflex" in me is why I tend to shy away from shooting them.  That and I like having sensation in the web between my thumb and index finger on my shooting hand.   ;D

Good times! 

stangzilla

« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2018, 11:15:02 AM »
Potential for guns like the 454 and 500 to bring out the "flinch reflex" in me is why I tend to shy away from shooting them.  That and I like having sensation in the web between my thumb and index finger on my shooting hand.   ;D

Good times!

after shooting the 454 and 500, shooting my 44 magnum felt like a 45acp....almost

drck1000

« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2018, 11:59:59 AM »
after shooting the 454 and 500, shooting my 44 magnum felt like a 45acp....almost
Haha.  Yeah.  Later in the day, dogman was shooting what I think was a .38 SPL and looked and sounded like he was shooting a 22. . .  ;D

Heavies

« Reply #90 on: March 06, 2018, 08:22:31 PM »
Awesome!  Need to get more of you into that video compilation next time!

The videos, this one and the ones I took, don't fully capture the black powder experience.  The amount of smoke and of course the smell.  It was also super interesting watching you and TomG load up the black powder revolvers. 

I had expected a little friendly competition to have come up.  There were plenty of opportunity.  The S&W versus Ruger collection.  Black powder vs black powder.  Of course, with others watching when you're shooting, you're gonna get some comments and that is always a form of friendly competition. 

Sad to say, wasn't using the real "holy black".   It's a little bit difficult to come by, and I save it for my flintlock.  Pyrodex smell is slightly different and not as pleasant as the real black powder.  The real deal brings back the little kid memories of New Years Eve for me!  Lol! 

Forgot all about having a competition....   was having too much fun checking out all the cool wheel guns.  Maybe me and Tom can race loading the cap and ball quickest and getting shots on target.  hahah 

drck1000

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2018, 07:49:35 AM »
Sad to say, wasn't using the real "holy black".   It's a little bit difficult to come by, and I save it for my flintlock.  Pyrodex smell is slightly different and not as pleasant as the real black powder.  The real deal brings back the little kid memories of New Years Eve for me!  Lol! 

Forgot all about having a competition....   was having too much fun checking out all the cool wheel guns.  Maybe me and Tom can race loading the cap and ball quickest and getting shots on target.  hahah
Bringing back NYE memories would be great! 

I was totally expecting a competition to form.  But yeah, everyone was just enjoying all the different guns. 

I timed Tom.  It took him a little under 5 mins to load all, I believe 6 cylinders.

Tom_G

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2018, 08:01:35 PM »
Maybe me and Tom can race loading the cap and ball quickest and getting shots on target.  hahah 
It's on!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

Tom_G

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2018, 08:02:24 PM »
Bringing back NYE memories would be great! 

I was totally expecting a competition to form.  But yeah, everyone was just enjoying all the different guns. 

I timed Tom.  It took him a little under 5 mins to load all, I believe 6 cylinders.

4:38. And that was the first load of the day. I bet I trimmed that time by 8, maybe 9 seconds before it was all said and done!
The difference between theory and reality is that, in theory, there is no difference between theory and reality.

macsak

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2018, 08:17:54 PM »
4:38. And that was the first load of the day. I bet I trimmed that time by 8, maybe 9 seconds before it was all said and done!

story of my life...

oldfart

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2018, 08:20:48 PM »
What, Me Worry?

Pipitlvr808

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »
Twiddling my thumbs waiting for another Revolver shoot out....

changemyoil66

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2019, 05:48:45 PM »
Damn ill be in taiwan. Next one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2019, 06:06:03 PM »
Damn ill be in taiwan. Next one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
This is from last year. March 4 is a Monday...

macsak

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2019, 06:24:14 PM »
This is from last year. March 4 is a Monday...
focus