Getting Out of Dodge (Read 8795 times)

RSN172

Re: Getting Out of Dodge
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2017, 05:24:42 PM »
Move Big Island.  At least tbe road around the island is either pretty high up or a good amount inland. 

zippz

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2017, 07:53:41 PM »
If I had to transport all of my guns elsewhere on foot to another location, I'd strap a garbage can or storage bin to my handtruck and store it in there.  If that's not available, I'll grab a trash bin.  Or wrap my stuff up and put it in a shopping cart that'll be scattered around, or steal a homeless guys shopping cart.

When nothings available, you have to improvise and make it happen.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Rocky

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2017, 08:22:02 PM »
No one on this forum should ever end up at a shelter.
a.k.a  "Federal Vacation Plan".

As long as we are in disaster mode, I'd like to again offer a pretty interesting  web page I originally posted here years ago. 

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/index.html   

Some of the BEST information i have ever received.  :thumbsup:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Inspector

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »
Move Big Island.  At least tbe road around the island is either pretty high up or a good amount inland.
Up along the Hamakua Coast south of Honoka'a there is a section of the belt road that runs along a cliff close enough that it had to be stabilized otherwise it was going to slide off to the side and potentially be in a life threatening position. The asphalt was already cracking due to the movement. If I remember correctly it was about a 3 month job. Some of Obama's trillions he doled out to the states for infrastructure repair work paid for the road stabilization. Whatever happened to the rest of the funds, I couldn't tell you...
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

RSN172

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2017, 09:42:24 AM »
I rarely drive the Hamakua Coast.  If I need to go from Hilo side to Kona, I take the Saddle Road or the south way.  I can see much of Oahu being land locked in a big tsunami or hurricane.

davgdavg

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2017, 01:51:58 PM »
I don't understand the basic premise that a rifle or shotgun is too bulky to carry through waist high water.   ?