On mask and gloves for the virus (Read 17680 times)

passivekinetic

Re: On mask and gloves for the virus
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »
I am laughing at home because the whole thing is so ridiculous!

So this condom analogy, take it further.

You don't wear a condom unless you are 100% HIV positive.

So if you have symptoms such as organ failure or some other kinds of warning signs, then get tested, and MAYBE you can consider wearing a condom then.

And THEN you tell your sex partners (and also mention to your spouse, LOL) that they might want to get tested, but none of them should wear any condoms until they start showing symptoms or get a positive test result.

WTF folks!?! Is this the world we live in now?! Why are so many people not seeing how ridiculous the official mask policy is?

PS - Oh, don't wear real condoms. DIY! Save those sausage skins and maybe repurpose the plastic bags and ziplocs. Use CONTACT CEMENT maybe if you have to (let dry first). LOL
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

Rocky

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2020, 10:57:40 AM »
I just thought of an analogy.

#Pho-Cuss

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=36322.msg323616#msg323616

You are excused if you've never dated a hot tree hugger who insisted on organic.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Heavies

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
I am laughing at home because the whole thing is so ridiculous!

So this condom analogy, take it further.

You don't wear a condom unless you are 100% HIV positive.

So if you have symptoms such as organ failure or some other kinds of warning signs, then get tested, and MAYBE you can consider wearing a condom then.

And THEN you tell your sex partners (and also mention to your spouse, LOL) that they might want to get tested, but none of them should wear any condoms until they start showing symptoms or get a positive test result.

WTF folks!?! Is this the world we live in now?! Why are so many people not seeing how ridiculous the official mask policy is?

PS - Oh, don't wear real condoms. DIY! Save those sausage skins and maybe repurpose the plastic bags and ziplocs. Use CONTACT CEMENT maybe if you have to (let dry first). LOL

It's a good analogy.  IF YOU USE THEM PROPERLY.

Do you wear a condom at all times?

Do you attempt to wash them and reuse them?
Do you put one on and touch everything on the planet, then use them for what they are supposed to be used for?
Do you use one and leave it on after you use it?
Do you use it and take it off and throw it on the ground for some kid to pick up and play with?
No one is saying don't use, just be smart about it, and attempting to stretch items beyond their intended use is counterproductive and even dangerous.
And furthermore, all these gotdamn imbeciles are taking off their infected ass PPE and throwing them everywhere and not disposing them properly. Potentially infecting those of us who have a brain and use it.
As gun owners, I hope we are using our heads and not just willi nilly doing things that don't make sense.

Do you buy a brand new gun and take it to the range before you even know how to use it properly and how to safely unload it?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 12:33:40 PM by Heavies »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 12:26:02 PM »
It's a good analogy.  IF YOU USE THEM PROPERLY.

Do you put one on and touch everything on the planet, then use them for what they are supposed to be used for?

No one is saying don't use, just be smart about it, and attempting to stretch items beyond their intended use is counterproductive and even dangerous.

As gun owners, I hope we are using our heads and not just willi nilly doing things that don't make sense.

Do you buy a brand new gun and take it to the range before you even know how to use it properly and how to safely unload it?

I've got your analogy right here!    :rofl:

Social distancing (abstinence), in the HIV scenario, would be 100% effective.  Condoms are lucky to be 90% effective as they can fail or be used improperly.

Why trust a 90% solution when 100% is available?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Heavies

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 12:38:17 PM »
I've got your analogy right here!    :rofl:

Social distancing (abstinence), in the HIV scenario, would be 100% effective.  Condoms are lucky to be 90% effective as they can fail or be used improperly.

Why trust a 90% solution when 100% is available?
Not really because abstinence in this case is not plausible.   People still need to work, get food, etc. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 02:57:30 PM »
Not really because abstinence in this case is not plausible.   People still need to work, get food, etc.

That's my point.  The whole HIV/Condom analogy is not accurate.  Too many other variables.

I think the firearm analogy is best.  If you get one for protection, but don't learn/practice proper safe handling, you're increasing your chances of being harmed/killed.

A gun only keeps you safer in case of a real attack/threat.  Same for masks.  If you never encounter the virus, the mask served no purpose.

Both masks and guns have multiple benefits.  Guns protect against violence, can put food on the table, and may be used in trade.  Masks can prevent infected users from infecting others, reduce the chances of the wearer getting infected, works for much more than just COVID-19 and may be used in trade.
-- Melvin Udall

passivekinetic

« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2020, 03:06:36 PM »
OMG! You guys are too much! Nuts!

Please, STOP THE INSANITY already!

I don't think we should continue this discussion. It seems people's minds are set and even using logic and analogies is not working.

One more time, let's look at this point by point.

You wear the mask when you go outside of your home.

No, they are one use items, but when you have only one mask, you have to do it, to avoid infection. So you do it extremely carefully, using a scientific approach. Masks are being disinfected and reused by medical professionals now. Check the news. It was on the news last night.

Do you use it and take it off and throw it on the ground for some kid to pick up and play with?

No, the majority of people are not going to do that.

Exactly. So use them as intended, to prevent being infected, and also infecting others. Wear a mask. Disinfect it properly if you can't buy another one and dispose of the one you used.

And furthermore, all these gotdamn imbeciles are taking off their infected ass PPE and throwing them everywhere and not disposing them properly. Potentially infecting those of us who have a brain and use it.

Most people won't do that. A few imbeciles are also using guns and condoms incorrectly. So all guns and condoms should be banned for everyone?

Exactly my point. Use logic and rational sense please.

Exactly we do not. There is a proper technique to putting on and taking off a mask. The public needs to be educated about it. It is not rocket science and is infinitely simpler than handling a gun. There are countless videos in many languages explaining how to don and doff a mask.

That's my point.  The whole HIV/Condom analogy is not accurate.  Too many other variables.

I think the firearm analogy is best.  If you get one for protection, but don't learn/practice proper safe handling, you're increasing your chances of being harmed/killed.

A gun only keeps you safer in case of a real attack/threat.  Same for masks.  If you never encounter the virus, the mask served no purpose.

The analogy is not accurate because you guys are using irrational reasons to think about it.

You are basically using the liberal logic of firearms to apply to masks, saying there are crazy people who are irresponsible and that people who do not use guns properly will kill themselves and others, so nobody should be using these. And that guns are useless if you never encounter a real threat. Might as well never use seat belts either. Or condoms!

OK enough of this, sorry but it's too much. If you STILL don't get it, I think there's nothing to be said.
"The sheep fear sheepdogs, because they fail to see the wolves."
- Anonymous

Heavies

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2020, 04:32:44 PM »
OMG! You guys are too much! Nuts!

Please, STOP THE INSANITY already!

I don't think we should continue this discussion. It seems people's minds are set and even using logic and analogies is not working.

One more time, let's look at this point by point.

You wear the mask when you go outside of your home.

No, they are one use items, but when you have only one mask, you have to do it, to avoid infection. So you do it extremely carefully, using a scientific approach. Masks are being disinfected and reused by medical professionals now. Check the news. It was on the news last night.

No, the majority of people are not going to do that.

Exactly. So use them as intended, to prevent being infected, and also infecting others. Wear a mask. Disinfect it properly if you can't buy another one and dispose of the one you used.

Most people won't do that. A few imbeciles are also using guns and condoms incorrectly. So all guns and condoms should be banned for everyone?

Exactly my point. Use logic and rational sense please.

Exactly we do not. There is a proper technique to putting on and taking off a mask. The public needs to be educated about it. It is not rocket science and is infinitely simpler than handling a gun. There are countless videos in many languages explaining how to don and doff a mask.

The analogy is not accurate because you guys are using irrational reasons to think about it.

You are basically using the liberal logic of firearms to apply to masks, saying there are crazy people who are irresponsible and that people who do not use guns properly will kill themselves and others, so nobody should be using these. And that guns are useless if you never encounter a real threat. Might as well never use seat belts either. Or condoms!

OK enough of this, sorry but it's too much. If you STILL don't get it, I think there's nothing to be said.

I get the point you are making. 

The point I am making is that 8 out of 10 people I see in public wearing a mask and gloves are infecting themselves, just by observing what they are doing, if the virus was on their person.

pj_benn

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2020, 04:43:27 PM »
Did some skimming. I am trained and fit tested for a variety of different respirators and wear them regularly. The respiators they sell at safety systems will protect you but not the people around you, if you are worried about old or ill people you are around. The respirators used for construction have one way valves so when you breathe out the air flows out without passing through the filter. Any droplets/micro droplets/germs etc will go right out. Same reason that the masks that were good for wildfire people cannot be used by medical, the wildfire masks have one way valves. Please take this into consideration when you choose what you are going to wear. Please consider all the drs and nurses suffering because of hospital over capacity all around the world, wear something that protects not only yourself but others you come into contact with too.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2020, 04:57:07 PM »
Did some skimming. I am trained and fit tested for a variety of different respirators and wear them regularly. The respiators they sell at safety systems will protect you but not the people around you, if you are worried about old or ill people you are around. The respirators used for construction have one way valves so when you breathe out the air flows out without passing through the filter. Any droplets/micro droplets/germs etc will go right out. Same reason that the masks that were good for wildfire people cannot be used by medical, the wildfire masks have one way valves. Please take this into consideration when you choose what you are going to wear. Please consider all the drs and nurses suffering because of hospital over capacity all around the world, wear something that protects not only yourself but others you come into contact with too.

Exactly.  The RZ masks I have are rated at 99.9% effective down to .1 micron.  They use the rubber/silicon valves, too.

What these designs do, as you said, is expel your breath (and any contagions) through the valves, not the filter.  However, the benefit is that they also do not have your breath blowing every particle the mask filters back into the air as you exhale through the filter.  Anything harmful that your mask filters as you inhale will remain there.  The 3M N95 masks don't have that.  When you exhale, you're blowing anything you avoided inhaling back into the air for someone else near you to inhale.or touch after it lands.

Every design has positives and negatives.  The concept with the valves is based on an assumption that using it keeps you healthy.  Therefore, there's no risk of others being infected from your exhalations.
-- Melvin Udall

pj_benn

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »
No. The mask traps the particles. They are still trapped when you exhale.

changemyoil66

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2020, 06:08:21 PM »
I just thought of an analogy.

Does a condom protect you or protect your sex partner?

DOH!

The governments are telling people, don't wear condoms! Wear one only if you have HIV.

Save the condoms for sex workers and those who already have HIV!

Get tested. But don't wear a condom unless you have 100% confirmed HIV.
A condom helps 1 last longer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dogman

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2020, 08:18:17 PM »
A condom helps 1 last longer.

I thought condoms were to prevent pregnancy?

I wear two condoms 24/7, then when ready to  ;D ;D ;D . . .  I take one off for the thrill factor.

RSN172

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2020, 08:49:48 PM »
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:03:41 PM by RSN172 »

oldfart

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2020, 09:24:37 PM »

I wear two condoms 24/7, then when ready to  ;D ;D ;D . . .  I take one off for the thrill factor.
============
like this?
What, Me Worry?

macsak

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2020, 10:11:10 PM »

stangzilla

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 12:26:50 AM »
Better to have and not need than to need and not have

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2020, 12:44:26 AM »
Reporters Without Masks Grill Trump About Not Wearing a Mask

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2020, 08:59:45 AM »
There is proof that if Trump had the cure for cancer, the DNC would use every effort to stop it.  He tweeted about the possible effects of the Malaria drugs.  The fake news jumped on it.  Then some dumbass ingested fish tank cleaner because it shared a common name and died.  For days, that's all the news headlines read were "Man dies due to Trump's cure".  Then on some articles, hidden toward the end, they mention it was fish tank cleaner.

I wonder how long testing is delayed because they don't want Trump to get any credit what so ever.  Even though he didn't think about it, but was going off of the positive treatments of other countries like France and Italy. 

ren

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
There is proof that if Trump had the cure for cancer, the DNC would use every effort to stop it.  He tweeted about the possible effects of the Malaria drugs.  The fake news jumped on it.  Then some dumbass ingested fish tank cleaner because it shared a common name and died.  For days, that's all the news headlines read were "Man dies due to Trump's cure".  Then on some articles, hidden toward the end, they mention it was fish tank cleaner.

I wonder how long testing is delayed because they don't want Trump to get any credit what so ever.  Even though he didn't think about it, but was going off of the positive treatments of other countries like France and Italy.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LLGQLKNBS-o
Deeds Not Words