Gear Placement (Read 1933 times)

changemyoil66

Gear Placement
« on: January 14, 2019, 01:44:26 PM »
So after taking the HDF carbine and pistol classes, my gear set up is good for me.  That was until I took the combo carbine/pistol class.  I had to add an additional pistol mag carrier to my AR mag carrier that's on my plate carrier.

The class made me realize that if I have to do an emergency reload for the pistol because the rifle is down, reaching for the mags on my belt take a little more effort than normal due to the slung rifle being in the way.  So i added 1 on my plate carrier.

Good thing parents got me an Amazon gift card for Xmas.  They probably would disapprove that I'm spending it on gun stuff.

Maybe might need a battle belt soon...

changemyoil66

Re: Gear Placement
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 01:45:02 PM »

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 11:56:16 PM »
Really digging my G-code scorpion AR mag pouch. Got one on my chest rig

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 09:39:59 AM »
Really digging my G-code scorpion AR mag pouch. Got one on my chest rig

I like their items.  And once you get 3 on your rigg, you cannot mix them with another brand.  I like how they're stiff.  So if doing a tac reload, it's easier to put the mag back in the pouch while holding your rifle.  Compared to floppy or elastic only holders.

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
The g code scorpions seem to be modeled after the hsgi tacos. I’ve never handled a taco before but I’ve read they can be finicky when it comes to reinserting mags back into the pouches, and that the scorpions are basically a upgraded version of them with better retention, reinsertion of mags, and mounting.

Otherwise I hope they’ll come out with camo patterns instead of plain color or two tone.

dirtylickins

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • I carry a gun... Cause carrying a cop is too heavy
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 12:55:57 PM »
Lets not loose track of this thread.... Its bout gear placement  and set more then just tacos.  :shaka: why and where do you put your pouches and do you know from actual manipulation how its gonna pan out for you. If not you should find out. :thumbsup:

mangosteenqueen

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2019, 01:29:07 PM »
Yeah you learn quite a lot when you go out into the field or do training than fitting in your bedroom.
Mind showing a picture of your kit?