Richard James Lee (Read 2271 times)

Heavies

Inspector

Re: Richard James Lee
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 05:20:04 AM »

https://leeprecision.com/userfiles/images/RichardLeeEulogy.pdf
I remember when the Lee Turret Press first came out. For the price it was tremendous. I still reload pistol cartridges on one. I still use Lee dies for pistol cartridges. And no reloading bench is complete without the Lee Reloading Manual.

The Lee Loader was a tremendous tool for allowing someone to reload on ones kitchen table or out in the field at a very low cost. And without a press. I learned how to reload with one of these. I know these things seem antiquated these says, but back when I was growing up this was a huge advancement into allowing someone with little funds to get started in reloading. This allowed me to afford to to shoot more than I would have if I had to buy commercial ammo.

Richard Lee was an inventor that helped advance reloading to more people. Like Bill Ruger, he will be missed.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »
This guy is right up there with Colt and Browning. Lee goes with me to the range in some way, every time.
 :worship: :worship:
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2018, 03:24:24 PM »
Great man! Via con dios, You are with the Lord, sir!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

stangzilla

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 11:04:01 AM »
I use the Lee dies and the single stage press.