American Eagle SYNTECH Ammunition in 9mm, .40 & .45 (Read 2146 times)

Duenas0326

American Eagle SYNTECH Ammunition in 9mm, .40 & .45
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:12:52 PM »
Has anyone tried this ammunition?? Saw a YouTube video, claims the ammunition burns cleaner, keeps your barrel cooler & extends the life cycle of your barrel. Has anyone on this forum shot with this ammo?? Haven't gone to the gun store to see if it's stocked in inventory. Pretty sure it's stocked on the mainland though.

changemyoil66

Re: American Eagle SYNTECH Ammunition in 9mm, .40 & .45
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:53:20 PM »
Ive tried 1 box of 9 to see if it leaves the steel red, and it does not.

I dont shoot enough to see the claims they make. Its expensive range ammo. But looks super cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Heavies

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:12:27 PM »
Been using coated lead bullets.  It is cleaner than bare lead, and costs only slightly more.  Logic would dictate a coated jacketed bullet would do the same, but regular jacketed bullets are pretty clean anyway in regards to jacket fouling if the barrel is good.  IMHO, I don't see the benefit vs the added cost over plain jacketed range ammo.  However, when reloading the coated lead, the benefit of less cleaning time is worth the (very small) added cost.     

dogman

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 06:09:25 PM »
Kaneohe Gun Shop occasionally has this ammo in stock. I believe it was around $15 to $17 a box for 9mm. I've been with people who shot it, I never really cared to get their feed back and they never really cared to express their opinion. It's good if you are shooting steel at ten yards.

macsak

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:04:50 PM »
Kaneohe Gun Shop occasionally has this ammo in stock. I believe it was around $15 to $17 a box for 9mm. I've been with people who shot it, I never really cared to get their feed back and they never really cared to express their opinion. It's good if you are shooting steel at ten yards.

heads

dogman

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 09:35:37 PM »
heads
Very wise man once said "more amps" ::)

Rocky

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 07:17:50 AM »
    We've been reloading this for a year and a half now.
Really takes the splatter out of steel shooting. 
Chrono's the same as factory.

If you'd like to try and reload some, LMK I got lots !  :D
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt