Honolulu PD permit/reg. by appointment only (Read 71751 times)

Heavies

Re: Honolulu PD permit/reg. by appointment only
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2020, 01:29:43 PM »
Quick question.   How many members and lurkers on 2AHawaii have took 5 minutes today to send a group email to all city council members,  the mayor, and the govenor to voice your complaints about how your Constitutionally guaranteed RIGHTS are being violated?

I would suggest sending an email every day until it is remedied.   

Don't even have to write anything new.  Just keep sending it everyday.

Got this list from 10/2019

Governor David Ige
https://governor.hawaii.gov/
808-586-0034
Hawaii State Capitol
Honolulu, HI 96813

Mayor Kirk Caldwell
mayor@honolulu.gov
(808) 768-4141
Fax (808) 768-5552   

City Hall Address below:

Honolulu Hale
530 S. King St.
Honolulu, HI 96813

Honolulu City Council Fax:   (808) 768-5011

District 1 -  Kymberly Marcos Pine 
Portions of Ewa Villages and Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Makakilo, Kalaeloa, Honokai Hale, Ko Olina, Nanakuli, Ma'ili, Wai'anae, Makaha, Kea'au, Makua
Phone: (808) 768-5001
E-mail  kmpine@honolulu.gov

District 2 – Heidi Tsuneyoshi
Mililani Mauka,Wahiawa, Mokuleia,Waialua, Haleiwa, Pupukea, Sunset Beach, Kahuku, Laie, Hauula, Punaluu, Kahana, Kaaawa, Kualoa, Waiahole,and Kahaluu
Phone:  (808) 768-5002
E-mail htsuneyoshi@honolulu.gov

District 3 - Ikaika Anderson
Ahuimanu, Heeia, Haiku, Kaneohe, Maunawili, Kailua, Olomana, Enchanted Lake, and Waimanalo.
Phone:  (808) 768-5003
E-mail ianderson@honolulu.gov

District 4 – Tommy Waters
Hawaii Kai, Kuliouou, Niu Valley, Aina Haina, Wailupe, Waialae-Iki, Kalani Valley, Kahala, Wilhemina Rise, Kaimuki, portions of Kapahulu, Diamond Head, Black Point, Waikiki, and Ala Moana Beach Park.
Phone:  (808) 768-5004
E-mail tommy.waters@honolulu.gov

District 5 - Ann Kobayashi
Kaimuki, Palolo Valley, St. Louis Heights, Manoa, Moiliili, McCully, and portions of Ala Moana, Kakaako, and Makiki.
Phone:  (808) 768-5005
E-mail akobayashi@honolulu.gov

District 6 - Carol Fukunaga
Portions of Makiki, Downtown Honolulu, Punchbowl, Pauoa Valley, Nuuanu, Alewa Heights, Papakolea, Fort Shafter, Moanalua, Halawa, Aiea, Kalihi Valley, and portions of Liliha and Kalihi.
Phone:  (808) 768-5006
E-mail cafukunaga@honolulu.gov

District 7 - Joey Manahan
Kalihi, lwilei, Kalihi Kai, Mapunapuna, Salt Lake, Aliamanu, Hickam, Foster Village, Ford Island, and Sand Island.
Phone:  (808) 768-5007
E-mail jmanahan@honolulu.gov

District 8 – Brandon Elefante
Pearl City, Pearl City Peninsula, Waimalu, Crestview, Waipio Gentry, portions of Waipahu.
Phone:  (808) 768-5008
E-mabelefante@honolulu.gov

District 9 - Ron Menor
Waikele, Village Park, Royal Kunia, Mililani Town, West Loch, Iroquois Point, and portions of Ewa Villages and Ewa Beach.
Phone:  (808) 768-5009
E-mail rmenor@honolulu.gov

Heavies

« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2020, 01:33:10 PM »
I would also suggest, if you are not a member already, joining HiFiCo.  They are on the frontlines fighting for our rights in Hawaii.  They need support and cash flow to make these lawsuits winnable.

https://hifico.org/

6716J

« Reply #302 on: July 08, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
Sent mine....

Aloha Gov. Ige, Mayor Caldwell, Senators, Representatives, Legislators and Officials 

As we all know the COVID-19 pandemic has created numerous issues for all of us living and working in Hawaii. As such, the appointment based process put into place by the Honolulu Police Department, while I am sure well intentioned, has created a Constitutional problem for the citizens in the State, specifically on O’ahu. Currently the citizens of O’ahu are UNABLE to even apply to obtain a permit to acquire a firearm due to no available appointments for the next 3 months or farther based on the results on the HPD Firearms Dept webpage (http://www.honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain).This is a deprivation of rights under the color of law. Based on this information, I am asking for the Governor and Mayor to order the Honolulu Police Department to immediately suspend the appointment based system and allow the Hawaii based Federal Firearms Licensees to perform the background checks using the ATF Form 4473 and/or the current HPD forms and contacting the appropriate Authority Having Jurisdiction. Numerous other states with waiting periods have proved that the background check system CAN and DOES work even with a waiting period. California, our closest neighbor in the 9th Circuit imposes a 10 day waiting period on all firearm purchases and all Private Party transfers must be done through a Federal Firearms Licensee. Hawaii FFLs can contact the HPD or other County Police departments or through the States Attorney Generals Office which performs background checks (https://ag.hawaii.gov/hcjdc/criminal-history-records-check/) to perform the background check as is required by State and Federal laws.Hawaii can perform this as well and better than other States, showing the other States we are more than capable and first in upholding the Constitutional Rights of our residents.

By moving the process out to the FFLs, this will free up officer time in the Firearms Permit Unit to address their workload and abilities. Also, in light of the Yukutake et. al. V. Conners suit being settled, this would be a huge positive movement in publicity for the State and HPD in regards to Civil Rights and the upholding of Constitutional Rights of both the State of Hawaii and the United States.

We, as residents of the State of Hawaii and respective Counties, know that you as our elected officials value the oath you have taken to uphold the Constitutional obligations as set forth when you took office. We know that if this was a problem with our abilities to vote, the problem would be addressed immediately. And regardless of views, we now have 100% mail-in voting in Hawaii. Should we not have the same and equal ability to exercise our right to bear arms as the right to vote?Mahalo for your kokua in addressing an issue which is directly affecting the Constitutional rights of the residents of Hawaii.

ʻAʻohe hana nui ke alu ‘ia (No task is too big when done together by all) 

Mahalo nui loa
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

6716J

« Reply #303 on: July 08, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
Quote from: Rocky on May 06, 2020, 10:24:29 AM
Got this list from 10/2019

Governor David Ige
https://governor.hawaii.gov/
808-586-0034
Hawaii State Capitol
Honolulu, HI 96813

Mayor Kirk Caldwell
mayor@honolulu.gov
(808) 768-4141
Fax (808) 768-5552   

City Hall Address below:

Honolulu Hale
530 S. King St.
Honolulu, HI 96813

Honolulu City Council Fax:   (808) 768-5011

District 1 -  Kymberly Marcos Pine
Portions of Ewa Villages and Ewa Beach, Kapolei, Makakilo, Kalaeloa, Honokai Hale, Ko Olina, Nanakuli, Ma'ili, Wai'anae, Makaha, Kea'au, Makua
Phone: (808) 768-5001
E-mail  kmpine@honolulu.gov

District 2 – Heidi Tsuneyoshi
Mililani Mauka,Wahiawa, Mokuleia,Waialua, Haleiwa, Pupukea, Sunset Beach, Kahuku, Laie, Hauula, Punaluu, Kahana, Kaaawa, Kualoa, Waiahole,and Kahaluu
Phone:  (808) 768-5002
E-mail htsuneyoshi@honolulu.gov

District 3 - Ikaika Anderson
Ahuimanu, Heeia, Haiku, Kaneohe, Maunawili, Kailua, Olomana, Enchanted Lake, and Waimanalo.
Phone:  (808) 768-5003
E-mail ianderson@honolulu.gov

District 4 – Tommy Waters
Hawaii Kai, Kuliouou, Niu Valley, Aina Haina, Wailupe, Waialae-Iki, Kalani Valley, Kahala, Wilhemina Rise, Kaimuki, portions of Kapahulu, Diamond Head, Black Point, Waikiki, and Ala Moana Beach Park.
Phone:  (808) 768-5004
E-mail tommy.waters@honolulu.gov

District 5 - Ann Kobayashi
Kaimuki, Palolo Valley, St. Louis Heights, Manoa, Moiliili, McCully, and portions of Ala Moana, Kakaako, and Makiki.
Phone:  (808) 768-5005
E-mail akobayashi@honolulu.gov

District 6 - Carol Fukunaga
Portions of Makiki, Downtown Honolulu, Punchbowl, Pauoa Valley, Nuuanu, Alewa Heights, Papakolea, Fort Shafter, Moanalua, Halawa, Aiea, Kalihi Valley, and portions of Liliha and Kalihi.
Phone:  (808) 768-5006
E-mail cafukunaga@honolulu.gov

District 7 - Joey Manahan
Kalihi, lwilei, Kalihi Kai, Mapunapuna, Salt Lake, Aliamanu, Hickam, Foster Village, Ford Island, and Sand Island.
Phone:  (808) 768-5007
E-mail jmanahan@honolulu.gov

District 8 – Brandon Elefante
Pearl City, Pearl City Peninsula, Waimalu, Crestview, Waipio Gentry, portions of Waipahu.
Phone:  (808) 768-5008
E-mabelefante@honolulu.gov

District 9 - Ron Menor
Waikele, Village Park, Royal Kunia, Mililani Town, West Loch, Iroquois Point, and portions of Ewa Villages and Ewa Beach.
Phone:  (808) 768-5009
E-mail rmenor@honolulu.gov
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

mayor@honolulu.gov,
kmpine@honolulu.gov,
htsuneyoshi@honolulu.gov,
ianderson@honolulu.gov,
tommy.waters@honolulu.gov,
akobayashi@honolulu.gov,
cafukunaga@honolulu.gov,
jmanahan@honolulu.gov,
E-mabelefante@honolulu.gov,
rmenor@honolulu.gov,
repaquino@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repbelatti@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repbrower@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repcabanilla@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repcachola@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repcreagan@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repcullen@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repdecoite@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repeli@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repgates@capitol.hawaii.gov,
rephar@capitol.hawaii.gov,
rephashem@capitol.hawaii.gov,
rephashimoto@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repholt@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repichiyama@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repjohanson@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repkitagawa@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repdkobayashi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repkobayashi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repkong@capitol.hawaii.gov,
replee@capitol.hawaii.gov,
replowen@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repluke@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repmatayoshi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repmatsumoto@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repmcdermott@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repmckelvey@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repmizuno@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repmorikawa@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repnakamura@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repnakashima@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repnishimoto@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repohno@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repokimoto@capitol.hawaii.gov,
reponishi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repperruso@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repquinlan@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repsaiki@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repsanbuenaventura@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repsay@capitol.hawaii.gov,
reptakayama@capitol.hawaii.gov,
reptakumi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
reptarnas@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repthielen@capitol.hawaii.gov,
reptodd@capitol.hawaii.gov,
reptokioka@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repward@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repwildberger@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repwoodson@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repyamane@capitol.hawaii.gov,
repyamashita@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senbaker@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senchang@capitol.hawaii.gov,
sendelacruz@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senenglish@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senfevella@capitol.hawaii.gov,
sengabbard@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senharimoto@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senihara@capitol.hawaii.gov,
seninouye@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senkkahele@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senkanuha@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senkeithagaran@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senkeohokalole@capitol.hawaii.gov,
Michelle Kidani <senkidani@capitol.hawaii.gov>,
senkim@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senkouchi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senmoriwaki@capitol.hawaii.gov,
sennishihara@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senrhoads@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senriviere@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senruderman@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senshimabukuro@capitol.hawaii.gov,
sentaniguchi@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senthielen@capitol.hawaii.gov,
senwakai@capitol.hawaii.gov,
info@davidige.org,
gov@gov.state.hi.us,
kory.w.young@hawaii.gov

^^^^^I hit everyone here on this list ^^^^^
Modify message

stangzilla

« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2020, 07:06:54 PM »
Oh no! Say it isn’t so! Don’t let yourself go to the dark side!!!  :rofl:

I have been spending all of my available funds on reloading supplies. I’m afraid to look at what Ruger and S&W are offering right now cuz I’d be afraid to go into debt if I fell in love with something.  :rofl:

I would love to get a Ruger Redhawk 8 shot 357 or in 45LC/acp, I prefer 357 but 45LC/acp would be nice too

Inspector

« Reply #305 on: July 09, 2020, 03:02:26 AM »
I would love to get a Ruger Redhawk 8 shot 357 or in 45LC/acp, I prefer 357 but 45LC/acp would be nice too
My Ruger Super Redhawk is in 454 Casull. But I only load 45LC in it. Why, you ask? Cuz I can’t take too many rounds of 454 Casull in one sitting.  :rofl:  I know, I’m a wuss.

But seriously, Sierra’s reloading manual (Available free as an app now!) lists 2 different pressure loadings for the 45LC cartridge. One is low pressure (14kpsi) for use in standard 45LC revolvers like the SAA or some of the Taurus Judge/S&W Governor type revolvers. And then they have high pressure (30kpsi) for specific revolvers which are listed as the Super Blackhawk, Redhawk, Super Redhawk and the BFR Revolvers. This high pressure loading for the 45LC cartridge is in the low range of the 454 Casull cartridge. I have loaded the 45LC Starline cases I have with these high pressure loads and I do not see any signs of the case not being able to take the pressures. The recoil is a little easier on my arthritic hands but is stout enough to remind me not to shoot too many or I am going to be taking some Advil later that night.  :shake: 

I just ordered some coated hard cast boolits for my Model 25. They are 250gr SWC and powder coated from Acme Bullet Company. They sell them for a great price, combine shipping and come in a cool little custom made wooden box. Cast boolits are still quite available compared to jacketed/plated. I have not tried them yet, but I am going to try these in my low and high pressure 45LC loadings as well as my 45AR cartridges.

I also just ordered their 158gr SWC powdered coated for my 357. These projects are low on my list as I have a lot of higher priority ammo to load first.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

stangzilla

« Reply #306 on: July 09, 2020, 05:10:59 AM »
My Ruger Super Redhawk is in 454 Casull. But I only load 45LC in it. Why, you ask? Cuz I can’t take too many rounds of 454 Casull in one sitting.  :rofl:  I know, I’m a wuss.

But seriously, Sierra’s reloading manual (Available free as an app now!) lists 2 different pressure loadings for the 45LC cartridge. One is low pressure (14kpsi) for use in standard 45LC revolvers like the SAA or some of the Taurus Judge/S&W Governor type revolvers. And then they have high pressure (30kpsi) for specific revolvers which are listed as the Super Blackhawk, Redhawk, Super Redhawk and the BFR Revolvers. This high pressure loading for the 45LC cartridge is in the low range of the 454 Casull cartridge. I have loaded the 45LC Starline cases I have with these high pressure loads and I do not see any signs of the case not being able to take the pressures. The recoil is a little easier on my arthritic hands but is stout enough to remind me not to shoot too many or I am going to be taking some Advil later that night.  :shake: 

I just ordered some coated hard cast boolits for my Model 25. They are 250gr SWC and powder coated from Acme Bullet Company. They sell them for a great price, combine shipping and come in a cool little custom made wooden box. Cast boolits are still quite available compared to jacketed/plated. I have not tried them yet, but I am going to try these in my low and high pressure 45LC loadings as well as my 45AR cartridges.

I also just ordered their 158gr SWC powdered coated for my 357. These projects are low on my list as I have a lot of higher priority ammo to load first.

I remember shooting your SuperRedhawk once at the revolver day.  :thumbsup:

I got a box of 500 rounds 210 grain LRNFP from ACME bullets in .44 (.430 to be exact). I'll use Trail Boss for some easy shooting cowboy loads.  I'm lucky bc I bought up a bunch of powder and projectiles when all this Corona started. I also hoarded some ammo. I'm thankful that I'll be good for a while on ammo, but I'm always looking for more.  :shaka:

6716J

« Reply #307 on: July 10, 2020, 10:59:05 AM »
Sent my follow up email today with more screen shots of no available appointments into December.

Everyone else doing the same I hope....

jc2721

« Reply #308 on: July 10, 2020, 11:16:07 AM »
I remember shooting your SuperRedhawk once at the revolver day.  :thumbsup:

I got a box of 500 rounds 210 grain LRNFP from ACME bullets in .44 (.430 to be exact). I'll use Trail Boss for some easy shooting cowboy loads.  I'm lucky bc I bought up a bunch of powder and projectiles when all this Corona started. I also hoarded some ammo. I'm thankful that I'll be good for a while on ammo, but I'm always looking for more.  :shaka:

I got some Acme .38 bullets but they were all chipped and nicked up.  I emailed them with this pic, they said it was not normal for their bullets and they're sending a replacement box.  Were your .44s in good condition?

stangzilla

« Reply #309 on: July 10, 2020, 11:30:07 AM »
I got some Acme .38 bullets but they were all chipped and nicked up.  I emailed them with this pic, they said it was not normal for their bullets and they're sending a replacement box.  Were your .44s in good condition?

mine are just lead bullets, but I didn't even open the box yet and I've had it for months.
I better check it when I go home

6716J

« Reply #310 on: July 10, 2020, 11:33:19 AM »
 :stopjack:

:shaka:

BTW I got an appointment in October....  :(

kkt

« Reply #311 on: July 10, 2020, 02:17:10 PM »
For those that have gone through this process, please clarify this situation:

1.  LG permit expiring in August.
2.  Registration appointment in September.

Can a LG be purchased in July then registered in September with an August expired permit?

Called firearms division but no one seems to be answering.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 02:27:54 PM by kkt »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #312 on: July 10, 2020, 03:05:39 PM »
For those that have gone through this process, please clarify this situation:

1.  LG permit expiring in August.
2.  Registration appointment in September.

Can a LG be purchased in July then registered in September with an August expired permit?

Called firearms division but no one seems to be answering.

Yep.  The permit to ACQUIRE is valid in July.  No problem acquiring a long gun.

When you register, apply for a new permit.  Registration doesn't require a valid permit to acquire.

Look at all the out of state guns that come in with new residents and visitors.  Registration is required, but no permits needed.  Acquisition is separate from registration.

Chances are, they will want to keep the expired permit, so take that with you to apply for a new one.  Making you go through a background check when moving or visiting requires a permit registration process.  If you acquired using a valid permit at that time the background check was already performed.

If they give you grief, tell them you'd like to know who to report HPD to for violating the 5 day registration law -- ever since the appointment system started.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

kkt

« Reply #313 on: July 10, 2020, 03:09:20 PM »
Yep.  The permit to ACQUIRE is valid in July.  No problem acquiring a long gun.

When you register, apply for a new permit.  Registration doesn't require a valid permit to acquire.

Look at all the out of state guns that come in with new residents and visitors.  Registration is required, but no permits needed.  Acquisition is separate from registration.

Chances are, they will want to keep the expired permit, so take that with you to apply for a new one.  Making you go through a background check when moving or visiting requires a permit registration process.  If you acquired using a valid permit at that time the background check was already performed.

If they give you grief, tell them you'd like to know who to report HPD to for violating the 5 day registration law -- ever since the appointment system started.

Thank you.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #314 on: July 10, 2020, 03:16:53 PM »
Thank you.

No problema.

Back when they could support a "5-days after acquisition" registration process, it was reasonable to expect the new owner to have a valid permit at registration.

Now, though, they are allowing acquisitions weeks or months before registering.  As long as the permit was valid at acquisition/transfer, registration should not be an issue.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Bota-CS1

« Reply #315 on: July 10, 2020, 06:48:46 PM »

Axis venison is the best....
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

dirsh

« Reply #316 on: July 14, 2020, 12:56:37 PM »
How are you guys getting appointments? Site says nothing available for eternity. Do I need to go in person?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

Linohawaii

« Reply #317 on: July 14, 2020, 01:48:53 PM »
Here's what I did when I got my appointment.

Go to the HPD website http://www.honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain

Since all of the slot are taken three months out, you have to wait as they open up a 10 minute slot every 10 minutes.

So at 1:30 pm today, they opened up the slot for Oct 14 for 1:30pm.

Got to be quick cause they disappear rather quickly. I lost a couple of appointments because I type with one finger. :D

6716J

« Reply #318 on: July 14, 2020, 02:02:28 PM »
Here's what I did when I got my appointment.

Go to the HPD website http://www.honolulupd.org/information/index.php?page=gunmain

Since all of the slot are taken three months out, you have to wait as they open up a 10 minute slot every 10 minutes.

So at 1:30 pm today, they opened up the slot for Oct 14 for 1:30pm.

Got to be quick cause they disappear rather quickly. I lost a couple of appointments because I type with one finger. :D

Ditto

QUIETShooter

« Reply #319 on: July 14, 2020, 03:28:29 PM »
All I did was go on the HPD website and requested an appointment to register firearm 3 guns or less.

Then they offered a time: Oct. 8, 2020 at 11:30.  So I took it and I got an e-mail confirmation.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.