A Liberal is screaming 2 inches from your face. What do you do? What's legal? (Read 6750 times)

hvybarrels

You guys realize this stuff is mostly playing out on television right? At some point they realized the only way to keep us emotionally involved is to turn network news into Jerry Springer.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

You guys realize this stuff is mostly playing out on television right? At some point they realized the only way to keep us emotionally involved is to turn network news into Jerry Springer.

That's the whole reason I started this.  We aren't in Oakland or Philly where some of the ANTIFA BS is happening, but some of us travel, and there's the chance some transplants here decide to follow suit just before the election.  I'm reminded of the surf boarders blocking the Super Ferry ....
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

That's the whole reason I started this.  We aren't in Oakland or Philly where some of the ANTIFA BS is happening, but some of us travel, and there's the chance some transplants here decide to follow suit just before the election.  I'm reminded of the surf boarders blocking the Super Ferry ....

^^This, my wife travels to Oregon and Washington often and this happens all the time there.

This was just a few days ago.

Rocky

When seconds count, Portland PD is just feet away.
And stay there.  :wacko:

I'm surprised no one had a sticky accelerator accompanied by a massive brake failure.  :shake:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

eyeeatingfish

Reminds me of the joke about cops being too busy to go to a burglary in progress so the guy called back and told them to cancel because he killed the burglar. Then when the cops arrive and find the burglar alive they get angry saying why did you say you killed him and the homeowner responds, why did you say you were too busy?

eyeeatingfish

There are states that have specific charges for an HIV+ person who spits on someone. Many other states have ruled that purposely spotlighting one someone is assault. While I don’t believe Hawaii follows either, spitting on someone is vile. Do that to me, you’re gonna get your teeth pushed in.

Spitting wouldn't really be considered assault but it would be considered harassment here in Hawaii and the spitter would/could get arrested either way.

It certainly could justify "creating space" between you and the person who spit on you though, you know, for your own safety from further attack.

Flapp_Jackson

Spitting wouldn't really be considered assault but it would be considered harassment here in Hawaii and the spitter would/could get arrested either way.

It certainly could justify "creating space" between you and the person who spit on you though, you know, for your own safety from further attack.

Wrong.  The 9th Circus disagrees with you.

Spitting is no different than unwanted touching <==> assault
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

hvybarrels

The great thing about the Kav shitshow is that it brought the hysterical mob tactics of the tyrannical left out into full display and they are setting themselves up for another horrible mid term disaster. Don't know about you but I'm up for another round of delicious liberal tears.

What you do in a situation like that (other than leave immediately if there is a real threat of bodily harm) is keep the camera rolling and let them destroy themselves. In places like PNW that seems to be infested by these cretins make sure everyone knows who supports them and show lots of video of cops doing nothing so that the politicians feel the pressure.

If you run them down with your car, punch them, or shoot them you will be instantly crucified in the media as an alt right sympathizer. They are already fully committed to losing the culture war, so the best strategy is to stay out of their way and let them finish themselves.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

eyeeatingfish

Wrong.  The 9th Circus disagrees with you.

Spitting is no different than unwanted touching <==> assault

Wrong. Hawaii revised statutes defines the lowest degree of assault as suffering bodily injury which is defined as pain. Unless someone spat with the pressure of a fire hose you would not suffer pain and therefore not suffer bodily injury and therefore it would not be assault. It is harassment by Hawaii State Law.

Unwanted touching would also not be considered assault by Hawaii state law, unless it was touching of a sexual nature, but that would be sexual assault, not regular assault.

changemyoil66

Pain is a matter of perception and cannot be proven. So yes that spit hit me and it burned my eye (pain).
Wrong. Hawaii revised statutes defines the lowest degree of assault as suffering bodily injury which is defined as pain. Unless someone spat with the pressure of a fire hose you would not suffer pain and therefore not suffer bodily injury and therefore it would not be assault. It is harassment by Hawaii State Law.

Unwanted touching would also not be considered assault by Hawaii state law, unless it was touching of a sexual nature, but that would be sexual assault, not regular assault.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eyeeatingfish

Pain is a matter of perception and cannot be proven. So yes that spit hit me and it burned my eye (pain).

Yeah, you could try to split hairs but realistically, for something like that in court, the prosecutors would not take it as an assault complaint, they would downgrade it to a harassment charge. So much easier to prove the elements of the crime if you think about it. So much easier to believe a victim who said he was affronted by spit than someone who said he felt pain from the spit. So practically speaking it would really be a harassment charge.

But don't get too hung up on the terminology. Different states use different terms to describe the same types of crimes.

changemyoil66

What are your thoughts of antifa throwing urine on cops in Boston and other cities?

No pain involved. Just dirty.

drck1000

I never said that spitting on someone was assault here. That said, someone assaulting me isn’t a prerequisite for defending myself.

eyeeatingfish

What are your thoughts of antifa throwing urine on cops in Boston and other cities?

No pain involved. Just dirty.

Under Hawaii state law it would be harassment. Maybe they could swing a property damage as well for the potential loss of equipment.