This is just fantasy of course.
No threat intended.
I never violate any Constitutional Federal, State, or Local
laws.

drck1000

Re: Angry Bum
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2020, 10:24:23 AM »
Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

He was awesome. Wrestle Mania 1-3 were awesome. But then again, I was like 10.

groveler

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2020, 10:37:26 AM »
I know a handful who don't bitch about buying school supplies anymore.  If the school requires X dollars to spend on supplies that the kid will rarely use, then go for it.  Small price to pay to have a baby sitter from 8am-3pm.
I earned a university degree later than most.
After dinner I would do my studies along with my daughter
doing her homework.
I'm doing Computer science which is mainly Higher level
Mathematics and she was doing arithmetic.
Of all things you go through as parent and child,
I think she hated me most for my arithmetic instruction.
She got A's BTW.
It is really hard to teach kids.
You have to love the kids to do it right.
Having gone to university with Teachers
earning graduate degrees,
I'm sorry I did not put my daughter in a
private school.

Rocky

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2020, 12:20:39 PM »
Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat
He was awesome. Wrestle Mania 1-3 were awesome. But then again, I was like 10.
Quote from: stangzilla on Today at 10:14:46 AM
    those were the days.  ECW too.  had some kind of wrestling just about every day on tv back then.  my all time favorite is the Great Muta.  best wrestler to never say a word.
    I remember back even further.  Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid South, AWA, WCCW in Texas, Florida Championship.  makes me feel old.   

That's not old (says the cantankerous old man  :grrr:)
I remember back in my day, the NWA, WWF, AWA and WAW all being part of the WWW (" Wide World of Wrestling")
 Mad Dog Vashaun, Johnny Valentine, Pampero Firpo, Randy “Macho Man” Savage, Verne Gagne Andre the Giant
Concealed objects, real chairs, tables and blood.
Rockettes G-ma lived next to "The Crusher".
Dem's was westlers !

Went to a few matches which was exciting as a kid.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

stangzilla

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2020, 12:27:47 PM »
I remember Rikishi when he was 1/2 of the SST (Samoan Swat Team) with his cousin Sam Anoai.  managed by Fabulous Freebird Buddy Roberts in WCCW in Texas.  must have been in the 80's
my memory goes back further that that, but my hard drive in my head is still searching.   :D

Rocky

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
I remember Rikishi when he was 1/2 of the SST (Samoan Swat Team) with his cousin Sam Anoai.  managed by Fabulous Freebird Buddy Roberts in WCCW in Texas.  must have been in the 80's
my memory goes back further that that, but my hard drive in my head is still searching.   :D
Funny how you can remember useless stuff from 55 yrs ago but can't remember what you had for lunch yesterday.  :-\ ??? :grrr: :'( :wacko: :crazy:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

stangzilla

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2020, 12:34:22 PM »
Funny how you can remember useless stuff from 55 yrs ago but can't remember what you had for lunch yesterday.  :-\ ??? :grrr: :'( :wacko: :crazy:

a guy's gotta have priorities.  :D

drck1000

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2020, 12:46:52 PM »
Sandwich. I think...

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2020, 10:33:20 PM »
So I was standing outside of a restaurant waiting for my take out order.  I'm on my phone, but look up every few seconds to scan.  I noticed this bum walking toward me on the sidewalk.  So I put my phone away.  As he passed he muttered "fucken people always putting their phones away as I walk by".

He did keep walking.  But I was thinking, what if he took more offense to this action and decided to act on it?  I would probably tell him that my actions are warranted because he is now in my face starting something.  Then walk away.

But the point is, how many other times have I done the same thing, or nudged the wife to the opposite side so I can be closer to the potential threat.  And all these people might have taken offense, but just didn't say anything.  Could this precautionary action lead to an altercation 1 day?  Maybe be more subtitle about it?  But then again, the alternative is what if there is a threat and I lose because I wasn't ready.

Just food for thought.

This type of thing frequently pops into my head. Maybe I am at a stoplight and I see someone walking on the sidewalk near my car and then realize my car doors aren't locked. If I push the lock button they might hear it and thing it is because of them. Worse yet could be a black guy and he thinks I am being racist.

Not sure what there is we can do about it. Being alert may offend people but it isn't going to hurt you like not being alert can.

I guess the best thing you could do while still being alert is when you put your phone away and they walk by, give them a small smile and a nod. The aggression they perceive from you the less likely they are to show towards you.

blastoff747

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2020, 01:26:39 AM »
Quote from: stangzilla on Today at 10:14:46 AM
    those were the days.  ECW too.  had some kind of wrestling just about every day on tv back then.  my all time favorite is the Great Muta.  best wrestler to never say a word.
    I remember back even further.  Georgia Championship Wrestling, Mid South, AWA, WCCW in Texas, Florida Championship.  makes me feel old.   

That's not old (says the cantankerous old man  :grrr:)
I remember back in my day, the NWA, WWF, AWA and WAW all being part of the WWW (" Wide World of Wrestling")
 Mad Dog Vashaun, Johnny Valentine, Pampero Firpo, Randy “Macho Man” Savage, Verne Gagne Andre the Giant
Concealed objects, real chairs, tables and blood.
Rockettes G-ma lived next to "The Crusher".
Dem's was westlers !

Went to a few matches which was exciting as a kid.

What about wrestling @blaisdell?  I forget if the tag team had a name but farmer boy ipo and leroy brown.  Leroy was my friend's dad.   He worked security at farrington when we were going there.

oldfart

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 07:05:45 AM »
I thought this topic was about the last time I had really spicy 🌶 Indian food 🥵. My mistake.  Carry on.
.... :rofl:
Re. Wrestling

Local wrestling was wildly popular in the 60s and 70s.
Anybody old enough to remember wrestling at Bloch Arena or Civic or HIC or the KGMB studio?
Ed Francis
Lord Tally Ho Blears
Ripper Collins and Beauregard
Curtis Da Bull Iaukea
Handsome Johnny Barend
Chief Billy White Wolf
Pampero Firpo, the Missing Link
Sammy Steamboat Mokuahi
Chief Neff Maiava
Tosh Togo aka Harold Sakata who played Oddjob in Goldfinger
Nick Bockwinkel
What, Me Worry?

flaboy808

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2020, 08:52:23 AM »
I had to visit a colleague today, and his office was on fort street mall
I admit I was freaked the F out by the homeless, since there were a few with obvious mental issues, and some weren't wearing masks...

That was a good day then. Sometimes, they don’t wear pants.
The Supreme Court has ruled that you, as an individual, have no right to protection by the police. Their only obligation is to protect "society".

tim808

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2020, 09:07:10 AM »
Talking about no pants

A few months ago at the pc zippys a naked homeless guy was swiping down someone’s car with his clothes before he put it back on.

I assumed he had asked for money and they declined.

When beggars ask for money I try to give them something, would be a bummer if I didn’t and they spit on me.  But I usually only see the same guy at the downtown post office so I don’t worry if I don’t have any cash on me

stangzilla

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2020, 09:36:37 AM »
I was on ayso soccer team with Tor Kamaka's sons when I was a kid
Before Great Muta became the Great Muta he was the Super Black Ninja in pro wrestling hawaii under the tootledge of his "father" the Great Kabuki. This was '80's. Later in Japan they would have a father vs son match where Muta stabs Kabuki in the head several times with the foreign object until he opens up a mini geyser of blood on kabuki's head.
I used to watch a lot of Japan wrestling too. All Japan, new Japan/IWGP. before there was ECW and extreme wrestling Muta was doing it in Japan first

QUIETShooter

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2020, 10:57:38 AM »
.... :rofl:
Re. Wrestling

Local wrestling was wildly popular in the 60s and 70s.
Anybody old enough to remember wrestling at Bloch Arena or Civic or HIC or the KGMB studio?
Ed Francis
Lord Tally Ho Blears
Ripper Collins and Beauregard
Curtis Da Bull Iaukea
Handsome Johnny Barend
Chief Billy White Wolf
Pampero Firpo, the Missing Link
Sammy Steamboat Mokuahi
Chief Neff Maiava
Tosh Togo aka Harold Sakata who played Oddjob in Goldfinger
Nick Bockwinkel

Yes.  My Dad used to take us to as much of the Bloch Arena, Civic Auditorium, and HIC events as possible.  I loved it when Chief Billy White Wolf was taking a licking and then he would rally and do his Indian War Dance.  There was another Japanese wrestler that I liked.  He was one of the bad guys.  Was his name Masa Fujiwara?

Remember Wally Katsume the referee?  Not sure if that is his name.  Poor guy used to get tossed around like a rag doll when trying to break things up.  One time he lost it and popped a wrestler in the jaw because he was so mad, lol!!
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2020, 11:12:34 AM »
Yes.  My Dad used to take us to as much of the Bloch Arena, Civic Auditorium, and HIC events as possible.  I loved it when Chief Billy White Wolf was taking a licking and then he would rally and do his Indian War Dance.  There was another Japanese wrestler that I liked.  He was one of the bad guys.  Was his name Masa Fujiwara?

Remember Wally Katsume the referee?  Not sure if that is his name.  Poor guy used to get tossed around like a rag doll when trying to break things up.  One time he lost it and popped a wrestler in the jaw because he was so mad, lol!!

Masa Fujiwara most likely Fuj Fujwara, aka Mr. Fuji
That was my friends uncle.
Tag team partner Masa Saito, Mr. Saito

oldfart

« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2020, 11:23:26 AM »

Oh I forgot about Wally Tatsumi!
What, Me Worry?

macsak

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2020, 12:45:27 PM »

DL says sometimes you don't wear pants too

macsak

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2020, 12:47:27 PM »

a couple of sundays ago, there was a homeless girl walking across the street from goodwill to the dew drop inn parking lot holding a t shirt to her chest and that was it
she was talking to someone in a car there...

aieahound

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2020, 03:05:51 PM »
How does a topic about an angry bum turn into a conversation about pro wrestling ?  :rofl:
Oh the irony.
( Wrestling Hawaii. Ooohhhhhh Yyyyyeeeaaahhhhh! )